Chico

RockingTheRed81

I think Chico is great. I mean sure he isn't always on the ball and he loses himself sometimes, but its great and he adds some needed humor and lightness to the hockey game. His jokes are fun, his Chico Eats segments are funny (at least I think they are) and he has a great chemistry with Doc. He also adds a good amount of insight on goaltending and when you have the greatest ever, it helps to have a former goalie to point out the little things he's doing so that everyone can appreciate it that much more. I don't think there is a better tandem of announcers in sports than Doc and Chico because of how much fun they seem to be having calling the game. I wouldnt trade Chico for anyone in that position.

+1

First post and an insightful/sane one at that!

Edited by Coorslight

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted this thread to die because I'm feeling bad about trashing Chico because he's such a nice man. But did anyone hear his horrible joke? Lupul just found a loophole in the defense. :noclue: In his credit he did go on to say that was a bad line.

Also, he said that this is the last game they'll be together before the trade deadline. The trade deadline is March 4th and they have a game Tuesday March 3rd against the Leafs. Is he missing the Leafs game or is he just clueless?

You started the fire, now you're getting burned :P

Seriously, you're posts have insulted numerous posters here who said they enjoy Chico. Take Triumph. He said he like Chico. Search for his posts and try to tell me Tri doesn't know his stuff.

You started the fire, now you're getting burned :P

Seriously, you're posts have insulted numerous posters here who said they enjoy Chico. Take Triumph. He said he like Chico. Search for his posts and try to tell me Tri doesn't know his stuff.

I don't care about Tri and his posts. I know hockey and I watch alot of hockey. Bottom line is Chico is a joke. He's not funny, he's not good at his job, and he is downright annoying at times. Only Devils fans would like Chico because he's a Devils analyst but I guess thats all that matters.

Are there any fans out there that didn't get douche chills when Chico was doing that kick dance during the Chico Eats segment? It's lame and anyone that doesn't realize how bad Chico is as an analyst is lost. Also, if Chico makes you laugh then you are probably the kind of person that enjoys watching Jay Leno. Corny as hell.

Edited by BobCorkum

I don't care about Tri and his posts. I know hockey and I watch alot of hockey. Bottom line is Chico is a joke. He's not funny, he's not good at his job, and he is downright annoying at times. Only Devils fans would like Chico because he's a Devils analyst but I guess thats all that matters.

Are there any fans out there that didn't get douche chills when Chico was doing that kick dance during the Chico Eats segment? It's lame and anyone that doesn't realize how bad Chico is as an analyst is lost. Also, if Chico makes you laugh then you are probably the kind of person that enjoys watching Jay Leno. Corny as hell.

Douche chills? No I did find it amusing though. Isn't that what Doc and Chico are there for? Entertainment? I mean seriously would you rather just watch the game with no commentary at all? Chico is there for ENTERTAINMENT purposes which I personally think he does a great job at. Get off the Chico hate and STFU already.

Chico makes me laugh and I fvcking HATE Jay Leno so stop generalizing.

Edited by Coorslight

Only Devils fans would like Chico because he's a Devils analyst but I guess thats all that matters.

That means that Chico recognized the majority of his audience, and adjusted his style to suit them. When doing only Devils games on a Devils channel, should he make sure that Dallas Stars fan like his style as well, when there are maybe 5 of those watching and thousands of Devils fans?

Douche chills? No I did find it amusing though. Isn't that what Doc and Chico are there for? Entertainment? I mean seriously would you rather just watch the game with no commentary at all? Chico is there for ENTERTAINMENT purposes which I personally think he does a great job at. Get off the Chico hate and STFU already.

Chico makes me laugh and I fvcking HATE Jay Leno so stop generalizing.

Please don't tell me to STFU. I'm voicing my opinion and there is no reason to attack. I could come back and say something nasty about your personal photo with those 2 guys in it but I'll refrain.

That means that Chico recognized the majority of his audience, and adjusted his style to suit them. When doing only Devils games on a Devils channel, should he make sure that Dallas Stars fan like his style as well, when there are maybe 5 of those watching and thousands of Devils fans?

Devils fans aren't retards, nobody in their right mind could really enjoy this man. They like Chico because he's the Devils analyst. It doesn't matter who had that job because you sheep would just talk about how hilarious and smart he is.

Bottom line is Chico is a joke. He's not funny, he's not good at his job, and he is downright annoying at times. Only Devils fans would like Chico because he's a Devils analyst but I guess thats all that matters.

yeah that's a solid comparison. boy, i can't wait to see this mirthless HF list you keep imagining, officerfarva.

Edited by Triumph

Devils fans aren't retards, nobody in their right mind could really enjoy this man. They like Chico because he's the Devils analyst. It doesn't matter who had that job because you sheep would just talk about how hilarious and smart he is.

I know that a bunch of people here like Chico; does that make them all retards? And why do so many people dislike Steve? He's the Devils' intermission guy and back-up PBP; why doesn't everybody like him?

Please don't tell me to STFU. I'm voicing my opinion and there is no reason to attack. I could come back and say something nasty about your personal photo with those 2 guys in it but I'll refrain.

Really...

I mean...really?

No...no...really? Seriously?

I didn't "attack" you I just said what everyone else was thinking. STFU I didn't go the length you just decided to go my friend.

Really...

I mean...really?

No...no...really? Seriously?

I didn't "attack" you I just said what everyone else was thinking. STFU I didn't go the length you just decided to go my friend.

I wasn't referring to the photo with the kids I meant the other one. Relax it was a joke.

I wasn't referring to the photo with the kids I meant the other one. Relax it was a joke.

You mean the one of my fiance and my kids? Or the one of me and my fiance...she hardly looks like a guy with her "D" tits and 100lb frame. What are you trying to start a "My keyboard is bigger then your keyboard" war? Stupid... :giggle:

I've heard tell Corkum really was an a$$hole, but I always kind of liked him since he came through in 2001 (as i always write yeah?) anyhow and this guy is using the Huntington Blue Devils mascot for his avatar and everything. I'm sad it's not working out so well for him here - especially since he -- ehem - "knows hockey" and all

I've loved Chico since back in the Islanders days. BobC - you obviously have some issues you need to work out - you want the thread to die, hate to say anything, chico's a great guy "...BUT" yeeesh! and what a BIG but you have there, sir! (cute chicoism I threw in there eh?)

I hate Jay Leno too -- let's turn this into a trash leno thread! Chico is wonderful. I'd love him no matter how he announced for. I only want to beat him with a large wet noodle when he starts trying to NOT be a homer. :argh:

So says the "King" of ad hominem attacks... You came on this thread and said everyone who likes Chico is the biggest joke. I don't think you are in a position to tell other people to stop hurting your feelings.

As some one said earlier... Chico is a Devil Fan first, and a commentator second. It's perfect. (end of the thread).

I've heard tell Corkum really was an a$$hole, but I always kind of liked him since he came through in 2001 (as i always write yeah?) anyhow and this guy is using the Huntington Blue Devils mascot for his avatar and everything. I'm sad it's not working out so well for him here - especially since he -- ehem - "knows hockey" and all

I've loved Chico since back in the Islanders days. BobC - you obviously have some issues you need to work out - you want the thread to die, hate to say anything, chico's a great guy "...BUT" yeeesh! and what a BIG but you have there, sir! (cute chicoism I threw in there eh?)

I hate Jay Leno too -- let's turn this into a trash leno thread! Chico is wonderful. I'd love him no matter how he announced for. I only want to beat him with a large wet noodle when he starts trying to NOT be a homer. :argh:

Hey look a woman on a hockey board who wants to talk sports. Adorable!

Hey look a woman on a hockey board who wants to talk sports. Adorable!

So you're sexist now? Or are you kidding? :doh1:

I have more respect for PK in my little finger than I have for you. Douche bag.