64 replies to this topic

#1 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

Any thoughts on the local bars pre or postgame?

The Arena Bar is good because it's convenient, but I don't think it's anything special, and every time I've been there, its PACKED. Someone's eventually going to figure out that they should buy some land and slap another bar right there on the block between Arena Bar and the Rock.

Scully's pub scene is probably my favorite place. I went to Hell's Kitchen after last's night game, and it was cool place to hang out too.

Also been to Guitar Bar, which actually had a really cool set-up, but out of the way and hidden, and someplace on Ferry Street that seemed like a sh!tty NY club. Loud horrible music. Overall though, I'm stoked that there's places to go after the games instead of hanging out in a parking lot in East Rutherford or having to drive somewhere.

#2 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

What's this Guitar bar?

We have been back to hell's kitchen after a game, pretty cool scene.

Before game it is possibly the best bar in the land.... $2.25 Guinness on weeknights....

Let me repeat that....

$2.25 Guinness on weeknights....

Edited by Reverend_Hellh0und, 11 December 2007 - 10:10 AM.

#3 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

What's this Guitar bar?
We have been back to hell's kitchen after a game, pretty cool scene.
Before game it is possibly the best bar in the land.... $2.25 Guinness on weeknights....
Let me repeat that....
$2.25 Guinness on weeknights....

Guitar Bar is sort of down and around the bend... the map on the back of their card made it look really easy, but I'm not entirely familiar with the area yet... Basically, it seems like you go down the McCarter Highway (south? east? I don't know, whichever is the direction opposite of Clifton, Nutley, etc) about 5 blocks then make a left. Like I said, it was okay, but I was really disappointed with the lack of guitars in any of the music they chose (all of it bad, and not rock, which is what you'd expect from a place with that name), but it was reasonably priced and I got a good drink on. Worth checking out if for no other reason than to try something new.

Looks like the abandoned building on Edison would be a PERFECT place for a bar or restaurant. Just drove by it this morning and they're working away on refurbishing the exterior.

#4 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

Looks like the abandoned building on Edison would be a PERFECT place for a bar or restaurant. Just drove by it this morning and they're working away on refurbishing the exterior.

there was, Mesa Reasturaunt, opened June 2007 was gone by opening day, too bad it looked nice...

http://64.233.169.10...g...;cd=1&gl=us

Thats the best I can get as thier website is no longer....

Kinda odd if you ask me!

Edited by Reverend_Hellh0und, 11 December 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#5 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

You think someone would open that up now that the Rock is rocking.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#6 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:06 PM

You think someone would open that up now that the Rock is rocking.

A sign outside the building says its available for retail/restaurant space. You could probably sell piss and vinegar in that place, and based solely on the fact that its next door to the Rock, it'll make a killing. Too bad my start-up capital is $50 and a ball of lint.

#7 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:51 PM

Wait I have a dust bunny and 3 quarters I found in the couch .. anyone else? anyone ? Im sure NJ Devs could have its own eatery !
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

#8 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

Wait I have a dust bunny and 3 quarters I found in the couch .. anyone else? anyone ? Im sure NJ Devs could have its own eatery !

I'm willing to contribute a jar full of pennies and a high five, but only if my name goes in the name of the restaurant.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#9 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:33 PM

But will the place have stripper poles?

#10 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hell yeah -- its our place .. and we need to keep up with the neighbors (Hell's Kitchen) :boogie:
Posted Image

#11 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

I strongly approve the path this thread has taken, and will also co-sign the loan for this building!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#12 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:17 PM

I strongly approve the path this thread has taken, and will also co-sign the loan for this building!

Was it the location? The stripper poles? What sold you?

We could do some sort of hippy co-op thing....

:koolaid:

Edited by Reverend_Hellh0und, 12 December 2007 - 03:18 PM.

#13 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

This is how you get the ball rolling.

So far we've got $50.75, (rounded up to $59.12 with this fabled jar pennies) a ball of lint, a dust bunny and a high five for our stripper poled-out bar called Daneyko Is God, which has a lease signed by a guy named Masked Fan.

I'm also going to call for a water slide that leads from Edison Place to the Fire Lounge. Or JT's BBQ stand at the Goal Bar. We'll discuss the end point for the water slide at the next town meeting of the Daneyko Is God Bar.

#14 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

This is how you get the ball rolling.

So far we've got $50.75, (rounded up to $59.12 with this fabled jar pennies) a ball of lint, a dust bunny and a high five for our stripper poled-out bar called Daneyko Is God, which has a lease signed by a guy named Masked Fan.

I'm also going to call for a water slide that leads from Edison Place to the Fire Lounge. Or JT's BBQ stand at the Goal Bar. We'll discuss the end point for the water slide at the next town meeting of the Daneyko Is God Bar.

All we need are midgets and balloons and I think we might have every imaginable kind of fun at this place.
Posted Image

#15 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

All we need are midgets and balloons and I think we might have every imaginable kind of fun at this place.

You forgot one thing...a strict policy of: NO RANGERS FANS ALLOWED.

Or we allow them and jack up the price on everything they order.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#16 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:47 PM

You forgot one thing...a strict policy of: NO RANGERS FANS ALLOWED.

Or we allow them and jack up the price on everything they order.

I love this idea!

They'll bitch and moan, saying things like, "You Jersey fans NEED us to pay more, because there's not enough of you in here to support this bar." Whatever they gotta do to justify buying a $35 shot of Cuervo and a ride on the Happy Water Super Fun Slide.

#17 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

I love this idea!

They'll bitch and moan, saying things like, "You Jersey fans NEED us to pay more, because there's not enough of you in here to support this bar." Whatever they gotta do to justify buying a $35 shot of Cuervo and a ride on the Happy Water Super Fun Slide.

How did I miss this thread?

...oh, right, December, retail...yeah, that whole deal.

Regardless, this is one of the best threads I have ever read in this place. :clap2:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#18 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Just about to say the same. I'll donate half of my kids old Pokemon Card and a dollar 75, ONLY if all of the E's in the place can be replaced by 3's. Thank you kindly.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#19 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

Just about to say the same. I'll donate half of my kids old Pokemon Card and a dollar 75, ONLY if all of the E's in the place can be replaced by 3's. Thank you kindly.

Consider it done. And thanks for the contribution. Our water sliding, stripper poling, no-Ranger fans allowed Dan3yko is God bar is really shaping up!

#20 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

Consider it done. And thanks for the contribution. Our water sliding, stripper poling, no-Ranger fans allowed Dan3yko is God bar is really shaping up!

The fact that Daneyko is spelled with a 3 seems extremely fitting. That's some unintentional awesomeness, right there.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users