Nordiques Nation to come back to your town!

devilzibook

They're going down to Florida? Are they chartering a flight or something?

From the looks of it, they're giving themselves extra time for that one. The site shows a range of dates, the teams playing, and price. For Ottawa it's a one-day trip; for NJ, Boston and Detroit it's two days; and for Florida it's five days.

5 and 6 November 2011: Winnipeg Jets vs. New Jersey Devils, from $ 220

3 to 7 December 2011: Washington Capitals vs Florida Panthers, tariff coming

February 11, 2012: Edmonton Oilers vs Ottawa Senators, from $ 130

7 and 8 April 2012: Chicago Blackhawks vs Detroit Red Wings, from $ 280

3 and 4 March 2012: New York Islanders vs. Boston Bruins, from $ 280

Might be drive time they're leaving room for.

From the looks of it, they're giving themselves extra time for that one. The site shows a range of dates, the teams playing, and price. For Ottawa it's a one-day trip; for NJ, Boston and Detroit it's two days; and for Florida it's five days.

Might be drive time they're leaving room for.

From NJ, it takes about 23 hours to drive to South Florida (I've made this drive many, many times). If they're driving from Quebec, that is one looooooong trip up and back.

From NJ, it takes about 23 hours to drive to South Florida (I've made this drive many, many times). If they're driving from Quebec, that is one looooooong trip up and back.

Nevermind all that speculation, one of the Quebecois over at HF said they're flying to Florida.

Nevermind all that speculation, one of the Quebecois over at HF said they're flying to Florida.

I think the league has to consider that every single person who flies down to Florida for that game would be a full season ticket holder in Quebec. Besides the weather in Florida in December being a boat load better than Quebec's should be, that's still some serious dedication for one game.

I hope they get a team; that city would make for a nice away game visit some day.

From what I remember, the poor value of the Canadian dollar vs. the US Dollar, poor corporate sponsorship, and the lack of any progress toward construction of a new arena led to the team being sold and moved to Colorado.

Nobody really has a problem with Nordiques Nation. They a bunch of passionate hockey fans. I just wish we could fill our building with Devils fans that were at least 1/2 as passionate as they are. There is nothing worse then sitting next to obnoxious Rangers/Flyers fans taunting Marty and getting in your face all game while sitting in our own Arena.

Well if all this time later they're trying to convince the league to get a team back in Quebec...why did they let the team go in the first place? Where was this kind of support when the team was there?:unsure:

Wasn't it pretty much poor attendance that drove the team away?

No, it was more the inability to build a new arena and the huge disparity between the US and Canadian dollars at the time.

that's pretty much any team's problem. They want a new arena, (i.e. the Lighthouse for the Islanders) and taxpayers won't help pay, block zoning or site approval, or whatever, but then they bitch that their teams play in $h!tholes like Nassau Veterans Memorial ctiy dump. Anyone think the Isles will still make for Kansas City when their lease is up? or will the town finally give in and let Wang have his way? It sounds like a lot of teams fans want to have their cake and eat it too. They all want better venues for their teams but block every method of doing it that will require help on their part, whether it be money or land or other provisions. Something's gotta give and all too often it's the team that gives. Look at us with our Nashville scare in 95. And again before we finally moved in to Newark. So many people were so adamant against it but agreed that the Meadowlands arena was getting embarrassingly old. Atlanta's problem is that now that they've had 2 different teams there, they still can't get as much of a following, Atlanta will never be a hockey town - football, sure, basketball - yes.

Point is teams will always hold that 'threaten to move' card if they don't get what they want - better venue, better attendance, MONEY. It's all about business and what makes financial sense to the company that runs the team.

I'd take 1000 of them over 50 rags fans anyday.

Oh yea that's another thing I find ridiculous about the backlash here...we have no problem BRINGING Rangers and Flyers fans to our games and allowing them to create their own home team atmosphere in our house, but Nordiques fans rooting for the Devils...hell no! :blink:

that's pretty much any team's problem. They want a new arena, (i.e. the Lighthouse for the Islanders) and taxpayers won't help pay, block zoning or site approval, or whatever, but then they bitch that their teams play in $h!tholes like Nassau Veterans Memorial ctiy dump. Anyone think the Isles will still make for Kansas City when their lease is up? or will the town finally give in and let Wang have his way? It sounds like a lot of teams fans want to have their cake and eat it too. They all want better venues for their teams but block every method of doing it that will require help on their part, whether it be money or land or other provisions. Something's gotta give and all too often it's the team that gives. Look at us with our Nashville scare in 95. And again before we finally moved in to Newark. So many people were so adamant against it but agreed that the Meadowlands arena was getting embarrassingly old. Atlanta's problem is that now that they've had 2 different teams there, they still can't get as much of a following, Atlanta will never be a hockey town - football, sure, basketball - yes.

Point is teams will always hold that 'threaten to move' card if they don't get what they want - better venue, better attendance, MONEY. It's all about business and what makes financial sense to the company that runs the team.

You really think that was the reason the Rock was built? Do you really think a majority of the people in Newark really wanted their sales tax increased from previous being a free or urban enterprise zone to pay for an arena they can probably barely afford to go to?

If you're still against this after last season then you're an idiot.. They brought an energy to the building that is only found at the fewest of games (Marty's 552 game, Throwback night 2 seasons ago, etc).. It was awesome to have them there and a true pleasure..

They are in no way targeting the Devils.. Most of their fans bought lots of Devils merch and had a blast talking with our fans.. They were very respectful and appreciative.. It simply couldn't have been a better night, and I'm glad they are returning

Nords fans > Habs fans

The Nords were great at the Ruins game. The Habs fans at the last MTL game at The Rock last season? Worst road fans ever. fvck those people.

I thirdfourth that. (DevsMan84 beat me to it)

They beat us that game and in the concourse there was a group of like 10-15 that was chanting "Devils suck" or something like that while devils fans walked past with our tails between our legs.

Edited by lucifer91

I thirdfourth that. (DevsMan84 beat me to it)

They beat us that game and in the concourse there was a group of like 10-15 that was chanting "Devils suck" or something like that while devils fans walked past with our tails between our legs.

The douches in front of us turned around and screamed the lyrics of O Canada in our faces, then sat down and talked (loudly) during the Star Spangled Banner. Flyers fans are oafs and Rangers fans are arrogant, but these Habs fans? I've never hated a group of sports fans as much as I hated this one at that moment.

The douches in front of us turned around and screamed the lyrics of O Canada in our faces, then sat down and talked (loudly) during the Star Spangled Banner. Flyers fans are oafs and Rangers fans are arrogant, but these Habs fans? I've never hated a group of sports fans as much as I hated this one at that moment.

What pisses me off about them is that they are the biggest and most passive-aggressive fvcks I have ever met. They will compliment you while laughing and then basically spit in your face at the same time.

Even their supposed jokes intended to be just fun are really thinly-veiled insults.

What pisses me off about them is that they are the biggest and most passive-aggressive fvcks I have ever met. They will compliment you while laughing and then basically spit in your face at the same time.

Even their supposed jokes intended to be just fun are really thinly-veiled insults.

Spot on. Every time the Habs scored, they'd turn around to obnoxiously dance in our faces and then say "You're our friend" and try to high-five us.

To get back on topic, the Nordique fans are the polar opposites of this. I almost wish they'd come down for more games.

Good point. I was with a friend of mine who is an Asian girl. The four pricks near us were pretty much racist and they were even talking crap about this dude's kids who were right next to us, and my friend was nail gripping my arm to stop from saying something. That father got pissed and went to security. Didnt hear those guys make another peep after that besides standard cheering.

That whole incident I described above happened within 15 mins of us sitting down.

I had the same experience with the guys in front of us at that Habs game. Man, are they a bunch of obnoxious a-holes. The talking/booing our national anthem, and outright rude behavior was uncalled for. I almost got into a fight when they showedan American Soldier returning from Iraq on the scoreboard and the Habs fan wearing a Gomez jersey (no joke) in front of me stood and gave him the Hitler salute. A security guard calmed things down, but they still were pretty obnoxious the rest of the game.

I had the same experience with the guys in front of us at that Habs game. Man, are they a bunch of obnoxious a-holes. The talking/booing our national anthem, and outright rude behavior was uncalled for. I almost got into a fight when they showedan American Soldier returning from Iraq on the scoreboard and the Habs fan wearing a Gomez jersey (no joke) in front of me stood and gave him the Hitler salute. A security guard calmed things down, but they still were pretty obnoxious the rest of the game.

Oh man, I almost forgot about that. While the soldier was on the jumbotron and anyone with half an ounce of decency tried to welcome him home, the fvcktards by me took it as their cue to loudly trash George W. Bush. It made me think of that scene in Animal House. They can't say that about our former President! Only WE can say that about our former President!!