1787 replies to this topic

#61 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

Bottom line is that Sanchez was all hype coming out of USC, and he really *ISN'T* that good. The weakest link on the Jets by far.

----------------------------------------------------------------
..he will NEVER be a good qb. hes played nearly 50 games!!! and he only has 19 wins, 59 td , and 50 interceptions!?!?!?! this is year 4 already!!!! WHAT THE F*CK ARE WE WAITNG FOR?!? how much time does he need???
its clear the organization is just trying to push a circle shaped peg into a square hole. with all thwe weapons we have, its disgraceful he hasnt developed yet. we are going nowhere with eli. its time we cut our loses and either draft or trade a qb next year. i am done with this f*cking team. DONE!!!!!!!!!

-An actual Giants fan rant (buddy of mine) after the Green Bay game.. September 17th, 2007..
..needless to say, he has since changed his tune. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34, 16 September 2010 - 01:31 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#62 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

..he will NEVER be a good qb. hes played nearly 50 games!!! and he only has 19 wins, 59 td , and 50 interceptions!?!?!?! this is year 4 already!!!! WHAT THE F*CK ARE WE WAITNG FOR?!? how much time does he need???
its clear the organization is just trying to push a circle shaped peg into a square hole. with all thwe weapons we have, its disgraceful he hasnt developed yet. we are going nowhere with eli. its time we cut our loses and either draft or trade a qb next year. i am done with this f*cking team. DONE!!!!!!!!!

-An actual Giants fan rant (buddy of mine) after the Green Bay game.. September 17th, 2007..

You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#63 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling....

Hes comparing Manning's early career mediocrity BEFORE he won a Super Bowl ring.

Edited by nmigliore, 16 September 2010 - 02:59 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#64 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hes comparing Manning's early career mediocrity BEFORE he won a Super Bowl ring.

I understand that, however it seems that he is alluding to the fact that Sanchez will one day progress to where Eli is. I say, not happening...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#65 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

I understand that, however it seems that he is alluding to the fact that Sanchez will one day progress to where Eli is. I say, not happening...

Yeah like Super Bowl rings are the be-all-end-all showing of great QB's. Please.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. I guess hes terrible.

Edited by nmigliore, 16 September 2010 - 03:05 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#66 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Yeah like Super Bowl rings are the be-all-end-all showing of great QB's. Please.

Didn't say that either. Stop being a bitter Jets fan and putting words in my mouth. It is very obvious that Sanchez is NOWHERE near Eli right now. (my prediction is that he never will be, but we will see in time)

EDIT: He may reach that level in time, but for now...he has a long way to go.

Edited by ThreeCups, 16 September 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#67 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

Didn't say that either. Stop being a bitter Jets fan and putting words in my mouth. It is very obvious that Sanchez is NOWHERE near Eli right now. (my prediction is that he never will be, but we will see in time)

EDIT: He may reach that level in time, but for now...he has a long way to go.

Then why did you say: "You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling.... ". How/why is having a Super Bowl ring relevant to this discussion?

And nobody is saying he'll become the next great thing. Nobody knows that. Beezer is just pointing out Eli, like other quarterbacks in the past as well, wasn't all that good to start his career. Its that simple. Nobody is saying he'll be Eli Manning.

Edited by nmigliore, 16 September 2010 - 03:09 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#68 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

Then why did you say: "You can compare Eli and "Sanchize" AFTER and only AFTER he has some Super Bowl bling.... ". How/why is having a Super Bowl ring relevant to this discussion?

I just told you. Making the comparison at any level is inferring that one day Sanchez will be as good or better. It is possible, but highly unlikely if you ask me.

EDIT: I don't dislike Sanchez. But people think he is going to be some savior, and I just don't see it. I also like to see the Jets take their lumps now because of all the trash they talked/chest pounding that went on in the media and on Hard Knocks. Rex made sure the Jets have a huge bullseye on their back each and every week

Edited by ThreeCups, 16 September 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#69 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

And nobody is saying he'll become the next great thing. Nobody knows that. Beezer is just pointing out Eli, like other quarterbacks in the past as well, wasn't all that good to start his career. Its that simple. Nobody is saying he'll be Eli Manning.

Well that is how I took it. Yes it is too early to officially declare him a bust or anything like that.

#70 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

Making the comparison at any level is inferring that one day Sanchez will be as good or better.

I completely disagree with this, but whatever. If it bothers you that much, I'm sure there are many other examples of QB's, ones even older than Sanchez was, struggling/being mediocre the first few years of their careers.

EDIT: I don't dislike Sanchez. But people think he is going to be some savior, and I just don't see it.

I have no idea what Sanchez will become. Nobody does. But what I do know is that its completely unfair to write him off as junk less than 1.5 years into his pro career, which is what I believe Beezer truly is alluding to.

I also like to see the Jets take their lumps now because of all the trash they talked/chest pounding that went on in the media and on Hard Knocks. Rex made sure the Jets have a huge bullseye on their back each and every week

Who cares. Rex is having fun and the players are having fun. I've never been big on trash talk ever, but if the players and coaches are enjoying themselves and its working (it worked pretty well last year, no?), who cares.

Edited by nmigliore, 16 September 2010 - 03:19 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#71 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

EXCELLENT POST.
i just double checked his stats toi make sure they were accurate. i had no idea eli mannnings numbers were that low for his nfl career going into the 07 season.
u brought back memories though. no wonder g-men fans wanted another qb

#72 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

I like to see the Jets take their lumps now because of all the trash they talked/chest pounding that went on in the media and on Hard Knocks. Rex made sure the Jets have a huge bullseye on their back each and every week..

..I absolutely can't wait until Sunday, when Peyton beats the ever loving sh!t out of Big Blue.. and all you fvckers can go back into your holes with tails between your legs.

You would think after last season (jumping to a 5-0 start against cream-puff's.. only to win 2 out of your last 11 games, when you started playing REAL teams) you'd know better. But I guess beating the Carolina Panthers after giving up 4 turnovers, has convinced the Giants faithful that they are going to the Superbowl.
-Because since Sunday.. you fairies have done alot of chirping.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Who cares. Rex is having fun and the players are having fun. I've never been big on trash talk ever, but if the players and coaches are enjoying themselves and its working (it worked pretty well last year, no?), who cares.

But we went 8-8 last year...as if we're the only team that got a break from another team resting players down the stretch :rolleyes:

Not to mention when the Bears make a Super Bowl Shuffle video, the Ravens talk smack before they win or the Cowboys talk smack before they win (funny how some of the most bitter anti-Jet people are Cowboy fans) nobody cares but when we do it it's the worst thing in the world.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#74 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

just out of curiosity right now, if you guys had a choice between Pennington or Sanchez, who would you pick and why?

#75 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

Agreed. Last year he could rely on a strong ground game, this year they don't have that. He has the potential to be a very, very good QB.

Schottenhiemer calls games like his old man- Sanchez needs to be allowed to throw the ball. They don't believe in him enough to let him do that. It's affected his confidence in himself, which is plain to see. I can only hope it continues.

Edited by MadDog2020, 16 September 2010 - 07:30 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#76 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

just out of curiosity right now, if you guys had a choice between Pennington or Sanchez, who would you pick and why?

No brainer: Penington.

But he was sacrificed to start the Favre Era Jets

D'oh!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#77 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Schottenhiemer calls games like his old man- Sanchez needs to be allowed to throw the ball. They don't believe in him enough to let him do that. It's affected his confidence in himself, which is plain to see. I can only hope it continues.

Schott is a great OC. But if you don't have the tools at QB (at the moment) to make the quick decisions and correct defensive reads, you have to be conservative.

The Jets don't have the strong running game they had a year ago and the played the Raven D for Odin's sake.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#78 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

..I absolutely can't wait until Sunday, when Peyton beats the ever loving sh!t out of Big Blue.. and all you fvckers can go back into your holes with tails between your legs.

You would think after last season (jumping to a 5-0 start against cream-puff's.. only to win 2 out of your last 11 games, when you started playing REAL teams) you'd know better. But I guess beating the Carolina Panthers after giving up 4 turnovers, has convinced the Giants faithful that they are going to the Superbowl.
-Because since Sunday.. you fairies have done alot of chirping.

Not so fast...the G-MEN have a shot against the Colts if they can win in a Scorathon. I never said the Giants were going to the Super Bowl, but their offense looks ALOT better than the Jets'.

Eventually he is going to be forced to take the training wheels off of Sanchez, and we will see what he can do.....

#79 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Not to mention when the Bears make a Super Bowl Shuffle video, the Ravens talk smack before they win or the Cowboys talk smack before they win (funny how some of the most bitter anti-Jet people are Cowboy fans) nobody cares but when we do it it's the worst thing in the world.

I don't think that this is some sort of anit-Jets thing. Those are just the football people who talk. I'd say that the Jets brought this upon us by starting to say things. The talkers hear the Jets pumping themselves up, so they respond the way that talkers do. If we didn't say anything, then the Raven players and Cowboy fans and whoever else loves to hear themselves speak would still be talking anyway, just about other things.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#80 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

I don't think that this is some sort of anit-Jets thing. Those are just the football people who talk. I'd say that the Jets brought this upon us by starting to say things. The talkers hear the Jets pumping themselves up, so they respond the way that talkers do. If we didn't say anything, then the Raven players and Cowboy fans and whoever else loves to hear themselves speak would still be talking anyway, just about other things.

...that, AND the fact that the Jets are (at least on paper) a star-studded team.
For the same reason people spew their hate on the Yankees since 2001, I expected this going into the season.

It's just human nature to want see a team stacked with superstars, fail. I remember when the Redwings had Fedorov.. Hull.. Shanahan.. Robitaille.. Yzerman.. Datsyuk.. Chelios.. Zetterberg.. Hasek.. Cujo.. Lidstrom.. Draper.. Schneider.. it was insane!! I rooted against them so hard. Looking back... why did I? They weren't rivals of the Devils. They didn't play in my division. They didn't even play in the same conference. --It was solely due to the fact that I felt, they were trying to buy a championship.

Edited by Beezer34, 17 September 2010 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users