PDB lineup/strategy changes for Game 4

95Crash

Josefson got his experience in, which is a good thing. I agree that he needs to learn when to shoot but he has looked great otherwise. I like the move because Sykora may actually score a goal. There still need to be more shots.

Now if only they could fit Larsson in.

NO WAY PDB sits Poni. He's one of the only big bodies we got to match up with them.

That's nice, he also hasn't done anything except wall the puck up here and there. With the way Zubrus is running cold now, there's only so many of the same guy you can have out there.

Sykora shouldn't be going in for someone with legs, when there's so few guys with them. Zubrus/Clarkson/Poni are an utter slog right now.

The Kings' size is a lot more of a problem than their quickness. Neither Sykora or Josefson will help that but Sykora 'might' help the scoring. Plus it could be his last-ever NHL game, you know he'll be ready to go.

Watched the practice at Toyota Center today about 2 hours ago.

Make no mistake - scratches came on at 12:40; team @ 1:00pm.

Hard practice, lots of passing drills, lots of boardwork drills. An interesting passing/one timer drill with the forwards lined up like a game of horse in front of the net.

Dave Barr worked a lot on blueline defensive boardwork with Larsson and Carter. They were smiling and having fun.

An interesting heated exchange between Cam and Boulton at the end when the scratches remained - but it seemed to simmer down.

Kovy is noticeably labored in skating and shot speed.

Lou watched a good portion of it from about 2 feet away from me while eating a chocolate bar. I asked him how he was holding up and he replied simply "OK".

Larry was in a good mood and signed a lot of autographs later at the bus.

TSN was shooting there and Dreger, Bmac, and Co. were all present.

Most folks stopped for autographs at the bus except MB30, Elias, ZP, Yayo (got right on the bus) and Zubrus.

I kept my distance to give the guys some respect and a wide berth given the situation.

Surprisingly, not a tense practice.

• Like 2

Sykora shouldn't be going in for someone with legs, when there's so few guys with them. Zubrus/Clarkson/Poni are an utter slog right now.

So true. We don't need to lose fresh legs and speed right now. Especially when there are other players who are more of a liability right now.

Do a shot every time Zubs or Clarky falls down and another every time they attempt to draw a penalty/whine to the refs... guarantee you'll be drunk by the end of the 1st.

Let's see if points can take one-timers instead of playing with the puck like it's a 7 course meal.

BTW, is PDB/Oates going to stencil the DEVS power-play on the ice for the Kings again in game 4?