Devils trade #9 pick in 2013 Draft to Vancouver for Cory Schneider

'7'

I couldn't get on the board for like an hour, was it blowing up that bad or was it just bad luck on my part?

Anyway, I'm ECSTATIC, it's no secret our goalie prospects weren't that good. The team we have coming back this year was good enough last year, just couldn't catch a break and really got screwed because of the situation with the shortened season. I don't really think you can say anything bad about this pick, and a bonus is Lou absolutely SNAGGED Schneider right from under Torts!

• Like 1

Finally able to post again- GREAT move. I couldn't be more thrilled with this move. We solved our goaltending problems post-Marty in the snap of a finger. Cory Schneider is a legit #1 goaltender. This is a great day for the franchise. And then Lou traded down 3 spots and grabbed a 3rd from Phoenix, another great move.

Awful, I'm sorry. The only way this makes sense if the deal was already done and Lou couldn't pull back when Nishushkin was available. However good Schneider may be, he can't score goals. And I also note that Marty has yet to be heard from. We, in effect traded a guy who you could pencil in for 20 goals this year, for a goalie who will play 30 games this year, and might be gone the year after next if Lou does his usual mo contract talks until the very end.

This is Jets taking Kyle Brady bad. This is where Lou finally lost it.

Awful, I'm sorry. The only way this makes sense if the deal was already done and Lou couldn't pull back when Nishushkin was available. However good Schneider may be, he can't score goals. And I also note that Marty has yet to be heard from. We, in effect traded a guy who you could pencil in for 20 goals this year, for a goalie who will play 30 games this year, and might be gone the year after next if Lou does his usual mo contract talks until the very end.

Devils have an elite defensive corps for years to come, now an elite netminder.

Can trade from surplus to acquire forwards

You're off by miles. The devils got a proven commodity who can absolutely be the starter when Marty retires. You're assuming that nichushkin is definitely going to translate to the NHL. This was a great low-risk move.

You guys are absolute nuts if you don't like this. A 9th pick (unproven) for a goaltender who put up great numbers in the past 3 seasons where our prospects are a long ways away and our tandem are 80 plus years old...wow you guys are crazy sometimes. This is an epic trade and a great move by Lou. I do not see Schneider moving again in two years, he wants to settle somewhere and be the number 1 for a long time.

Daniel, are you serious?  Marty is hardly a lock to play 52 games this season, due to either health or shaky/declining performance...he's a major question mark at this point.  If Marty gets hurt and/or falters (either is a very likely scenario), they have a guy who can take the job and run with it...who knows, that might even happen during training camp and preseason. 

Maybe Schneider can't score goals, but he can sure stop them, and a whole lot better than the guys who tried to do that last season.  And he's in his prime to boot.  Hopefully, it will be Marty playing 30-35 games or so (tops) and playing well enough that he can exit the game cleanly and gracefully. 

I'm sorry, but no mater how good a prospect may be, you can't "pencil them in" for anything. Schneider has proven himself in the NHL. And if you want to talk about needs for this team, yeah a few goals will help this year more than a backup tender, but for the next ten years, we've extended what's made us such a successful team in the past, goal tending and defense.

People complain when we don't address the goaltending, now they complain when we do lol. Glad the crowd didn't feel the same way as some of you, especially since we only gave up one unproven chip. Talk about a troll moment, nobody had this as a remote possibility and Lou keeps it under wraps when it's agreed to last night lol

I'm sorry, but no mater how good a prospect may be, you can't "pencil them in" for anything. Schneider has proven himself in the NHL. And if you want to talk about needs for this team, yeah a few goals will help this year more than a backup tender, but for the next ten years, we've extended what's made us such a successful team in the past, goal tending and defense.

We're not guaranteed to have him past the next two seasons.

I wouldn't be so sure Schneider is locked into the backup role.  Marty can't be inked in as the clear-cut #1, especially with a guy like Schnieder on the team.