The 2014 NJ Devils Offseason Thread

Derlique

Those are the only areas of this team where we could see some change.  Why don't we just not discuss anything at all on a Devils message board.  That would make more sense.  Our defense corps and goalie situation leave little to be discussed about.  The only discussion on the back end is Mark Fayne and possible buyouts.  Maybe you forgetting that the fourth liners have been a consistent focus since they "emerged" after the 2012 run and it would be nice to see some new faces in those supporting roles.  What do you want from us??  Should we talk more about how Jagr and Elias are beasts and Ryder and Brunner have the trade value of a bag of pucks?

The 4th line has always been a focal point since I've been on here. At least now we're complaining about how it could be a bit better instead of wondering if Andrew Peters can skate and stickhandle at the same time, lol.

The 4th line has always been a focal point since I've been on here. At least now we're complaining about how it could be a bit better instead of wondering if Andrew Peters can skate and stickhandle at the same time, lol.

Lmao! Yes.  I remember me some Andrew Peters.  Adam Mair was light years ahead of Andrew 'fvcking Peters in terms of Ex-Sabres. 

Lmao! Yes.  I remember me some Andrew Peters.  Adam Mair was light years ahead of Andrew 'fvcking Peters in terms of Ex-Sabres. 

I don't think he touched the puck for more than 10 seconds the whole season. I'd be amazed if he even registered a SOG. He was awful.

As we talk about fighters, while you were sleeping the Devils re-signed Cam Janssen to a 1-year two way contract.

Priorities.

First of all, who said anything about sleep? lol

Anyways, I'm ok with it. He clearly loves it here and LL loves him. We don't really have a fighter outside of Clowe, who probably should try to avoid blows to the head, and Carter who isn't really a true fighter. Having Cam in the lineup for the occasional Flyer or Rag matchup isn't the worst thing ever.

I don't think he touched the puck for more than 10 seconds the whole season. I'd be amazed if he even registered a SOG. He was awful.

First of all, who said anything about sleep? lol

Anyways, I'm ok with it. He clearly loves it here and LL loves him. We don't really have a fighter outside of Clowe, who probably should try to avoid blows to the head, and Carter who isn't really a true fighter. Having Cam in the lineup for the occasional Flyer or Rag matchup isn't the worst thing ever.

Honestly, it's not bad at all. They've showed that they have no problem sending Cam in the AHL. No pomises are made, and it beats signing a fighter to a 1-way deal (for more 1 year I might add), which they have done many times in the past.

I'll disagree with needing a fighter for certain games. I can't think of one game last year the Devils needed one. The Rangers and Flyers dressed goon free teams against the Devils. And, I don't even think Cam wants to fight anymore or is expected to right now.

Edited by devilsrule33

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=723222&navid=nhl:topheads

don't sleep on O'Reilly being extremely valuable.  looks like he and the Avs are having a little difficulty coming to an agreement. 

O'Reilly had more points last year than Stastny and also led the team in goals... he's also 5 years younger than Stastny.  Its possible he's overlooked.  Maybe we can offer him an offer sheet in July, which may cost us a draft pick, but may be worth it.. expecially if it would cost about 2 million less a year than what Stastny will make

Edited by Onddeck

NJ has apparently signed 22 year old Czech Jiri Selak...A lot of teams were interested, this is a big win for NJ.

This is awesome!  I'm really excited about this kid.  New Jersey is CZECH NATION

he's 6 ft tall and weighs 176 pounds...he needs to put on some muscle

He is also only 22 years old, still a prospect in every aspect of the word, he's only had one full KHL season.  Don't expect the world from him, do expect him to learn and maybe play with Zajac and Jagr.

Edited by RizzMB30

Funniest thing the last few years was Clarkson/Brodeur pranking each other by hiding an Andrew Peters rookie card in each other's lockers/bags, etc... The funniest one was I think Brodeur was practicing and it fell out of his pads onto the ice while they were working on the shootout hahahaha... Miss that Clarkie/Marty humor.

Funniest thing the last few years was Clarkson/Brodeur pranking each other by hiding an Andrew Peters rookie card in each other's lockers/bags, etc... The funniest one was I think Brodeur was practicing and it fell out of his pads onto the ice while they were working on the shootout hahahaha... Miss that Clarkie/Marty humor.

any other known pranks between the two of them?.. i remember someone put a rubber snake in someone elses water bottle