2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

And after all the complaining about how the Rangers can't be an elite team because they went to Game 7 in the first two rounds now the Kings have gone to Game 7 in three straight rounds. You really can't make this **** up.

The Kings have faced significantly better competition.

And after all the complaining about how the Rangers can't be an elite team because they went to Game 7 in the first two rounds now the Kings have gone to Game 7 in three straight rounds.  You really can't make this **** up.

The Rangers aren't an elite team because we know they aren't an elite team. Doesn't mean they can't win the Cup. They are here after all, but I think it be very very very unlikely.

Kings have won the SC, and are in back-to-back-back Conference Finals. They are a great team.

• Like 1

I wish we still had Johnny Oduya instead of Salvador or Volchenkov.  He's still playing at a high level and I think he's a better Dman than Paul Martin is/was.  Think the Hawks would do an Oduya for Volchenkov+3rd or 2nd?  He could play anywhere in our top 6

I wish we still had Johnny Oduya instead of Salvador or Volchenkov.  He's still playing at a high level and I think he's a better Dman than Paul Martin is/was.  Think the Hawks would do an Oduya for Volchenkov+3rd or 2nd?  He could play anywhere in our top 6

With Kane and Toews hitting free agency next year the Blackhawks need to start shedding some salary instead of adding cap dollars.

With Kane and Toews hitting free agency next year the Blackhawks need to start shedding some salary instead of adding cap dollars.

they'll probably try to move Hossa if anyone, he's on the books for over 5 mill a year for 7 more years still....and he DOESN'T have any no-movement clauses 

Edited by The 29th Pick

He can go **** himself for causing the trade by not re-upping with the Rangers.  Same with Yzerman for doing the St. Louis trade and now turning the carpetbagger into a hero.

I feel bad for him. He played the game and lost. His agent didn't help. Cally will always be beloved. I hated how MSG turned the fans against him. They sold his jerseys, t-shirts and made money off him. But purposely leaked out the negotiations. I could never hate him. He's a heart and soul type who will do whatever it takes to win. It's easy to criticize his demands. He's not worth it. But why shouldn't he have the right to do what every player does? Clarkson stole money from the Leafs. Clowe got a nice payday. Most free agents are overpaid. Only obscure moves like Slats signing Moore aren't. Those are usually the ones that pay off. It was fitting that he got the clincher. Lost his wife to cancer and returns to his first team and plays a key role in their run. Funny how things work out.

Any Ranger fan would be lying if they didn't admit the St. Louis tragedy played a part in rallying the team. He lost his Mom and wanted to be with his teammates. That went a long way. They are 7-2 since. MSL was having a bad postseason and then responded like a future Hall Of Famer. His goal against the Pens, the place went nuts. Of course, the OT winner. For years, Sather deserved criticism including in 2012 for not adding anyone at the deadline. He deserves credit. Every move he made has worked including Klein. The kind of move Lou used to make. A depth defenseman. Also added Diaz making Moore's suspension easier.

Wherever Cally winds up, I wish him well. It's gotta suck.

The last 2 games of Kings/Hawks is great hockey. That's as good as it gets. Classic stuff from 2 unbelievable teams. The Kings should've wrapped it up in 5. They had so many opportunities in overtime but Crawford stood on his head. Give him credit. He really stepped it up after a couple of softies. He was great last night. The Kings are the better team. They're bigger, stronger and more physical. I wouldn't put it past them to go into Chicago tomorrow and pull it out. They still have the better goalie and Doughty has been incredible. He's the best defenseman in hockey. Just doesn't have a Norris. He's like having 2 number 1's. Kopitar's star has shined. He does it all. Carter is scary. On the flip side, you got Kane giving a performance for the ages. He willed his team to victory. My brother watched it with me and raved about Kane. That pass to Keith was unbelievable. Doughty made the same one to Martinez. That third was wild. Kane then skates around the Kings and goes top shelf to win it. Patrick Kane is the definition of a superstar. Showtime. Kanetastic! I really enjoy watching him. That should be some Game 7.

Yeah I think the only guy who will be more relieved than the collective Devils and Islanders fan bases if the Rangers lose in the Finals is Ryan Callahan lol.

What about Tort? How do you think he feels? Unlike some of our fans, I appreciated what he was able to do. Helped prepare them for this. The experience factor from 2012 helped. Tort did it to himself. He never should've taken the job in Vancouver.

What about Tort? How do you think he feels? Unlike some of our fans, I appreciated what he was able to do. Helped prepare them for this. The experience factor from 2012 helped. Tort did it to himself. He never should've taken the job in Vancouver.

I forgot about Tortorella. He and Callahan are probably hosting Kings/Hawks viewing parties at their houses lmao.
  • Like 1

No, because their management isn't dumb.

I wish we still had Johnny Oduya instead of Salvador or Volchenkov. He's still playing at a high level and I think he's a better Dman than Paul Martin is/was. Think the Hawks would do an Oduya for Volchenkov+3rd or 2nd? He could play anywhere in our top 6

If we lose Mark Fayne and keep Zids and Salvador it could be Johnny Oduya all over again in a few years. I really hope they buy out Sal and Volchenkov and bring in the youth, but I don't see it happening. Larsson is in PDB's doghouse. On the bright side I think maybe Vol gets bought out but I feel we're stuck with Sal and PDB sticks with his vets for the most part.

Fayne will be too rich for Lou's blood if he starts getting major attention from other teams. Will be fun to watch his career progress though, even if it is with another place ala Oduya. I'm happy for Oduya. Dude's probably having the time of his life in Chicago.

Edited by slasher72

We are watching hockey at its very best. Wow.

This Chi/LA series has been the some of the best hockey played post-season.  Lots of fun to watch.

Agreed, the 2014 Western Conference Finals has turned out to be a classic, hockey at its best!

I hate to say it, though, as great a game as the teams from Chi-Town and the City of Angels have been playing, things could not be breaking any better for the one from the Big Apple. True, while either the Blackhawks or Kings will be favored going into the finals, one cannot discount the Rangers, who play a fast-paced game and roll four lines.

Edited by 95Crash

We're going to hear a lot about tradition and historic and etc. etc about the Rangers. Whenever any New York team goes far it's gotta be a big deal since New York is "The Greatest City in the World". The true narrative should be about a team that has won the cup 4 times since 1926. If you ask me that's a tradition of mediocrity.

We're going to hear a lot about tradition and historic and etc. etc about the Rangers. Whenever any New York team goes far it's gotta be a big deal since New York is "The Greatest City in the World". The true narrative should be about a team that has won the cup 4 times since 1926. If you ask me that's a tradition of mediocrity.

Right on Carp. 1 Cup in 74 years. But you won't hear that mentioned once. Oh you'll hear that one Cup mentioned non-stop (so much so that every time these jabronis like Eddie and Pierre and Healey say anything about 94- DRINK!)... You just won't hear its their only cup in 7 and a half decades. That will conveniently be left out somehow. Edited by MadDog2020

It's a nice billboard, but the reality is both have been brutal. On paper, that's the one major advantage for the Rangers in the Cup Finals. Quick hasn't been very good since the 2012 Finals.

Not really, Crawford and Lundy were leading in GAA until their clunker games this past week, and Quick has been through the pressure of the finals before, so 

I dont think the rags have a major advantage, also the queen cant handle the puck..at all, where as Quick is OK in that dept (not great)

Edited by The 29th Pick