DEVIL INSIDE

El Diablo

• 3 months later...

Hi, long time follower, first time forum user!

I found myself following the NHL in general around the age of 18 or 19, as it was kind of hard to follow ice hockey over here in the UK. For some reason I decided to affiliate myself with the Devils, probably because of the type of player Scott Stevens was and have followed them since, as much as I can.

Not the most exciting story (some of them in here are brilliant) but it is how I started to get into the Devils and 'The Show'.

• 7 months later...

When I first had any interest in hockey, it was when I was young and liked it because my big brothers did.

I was a Rangers "fan" because my oldest brother was, and my other brother was a Devils fan.

Years later when I actually started to care, I realized "hey, I live in New Jersey. I'm a Devils fan!" and thus, I renounced the Rangers and followed the Devils.

When I started watching and caring, I hardly knew any players. I only knew huge names outside of the Devils.

But now, years later, I know the entire team, prospects, and much more than just big names around the league.

Provided I don't know every player around the league, but who does? I know enough.

And so today I post before you a proud Devils fan. Although I go to school in Lawrenceville NJ, where Philly fans run amuck, I'm stand my ground and defend my Devils to the very death. Literal, no (to an extent), dramatic, yes.

• 3 months later...

Great thread!

I grew up in Boston area and gravitated to the Bruins (Ray Bourque/Cam Neely era) but "divorced" them around '92-93 when it became clear to me that ownership was taking the fans for chumps, did not truly care about winning a cup and in fact only wanted to sell more hot dogs at the rink. It was not an easy decision, but figured to wait until new ownership came along down the road. Aside from feeling vindicated over the next 10 years watching that franchise penny pinch through season after season, being an NHL orphan was no fun. Having no team to root for just led me away from the NHL altogether, filled my time with the college game.

A few times I wanted to pick up an NHL team to get back into the pro game but you just don't choose a team to follow arbitrarily like that. In 2005 I met a girl from NJ and moved to the Garden State and it gave me a chance to look at the area teams. Of the four in the vicinity (Philly was on the list since we were in central Jersey at the time), only the Devils fit my tastes. I loved that Devils fans held the Rangers in the same vein that Red Sox fans (like me) had for the Yankees. Any team that could hate NY that much warmed my heart, and the fact that NJ was by leaps and bounds more successful just made it even better. Moving to Jersey City and hearing that the Devils would be in Newark soon was another sign this was meant to be.

• 1 month later...

Hey, newest member here. Devils fan since I was 12 and and remember the Octopuss getting thrown on the ice in 95'. Need a good place to let my frustrations known to other devs fans, es[ecially in the last two years. Now i live in PA, can't express my frustration with them. I know what 3 cups feel like, they don't know what a cup is. Going back to where I grew up this weekend. Can't wait to be at niedermayer night and watch zajac and the boys go fo 2 points. Also if anyone has a daneyko mini banner they want to trade or sell. Im looking for one to hang on my wall. Thanks for letting me join!!!

so...

hello

at first for a future i wanna say a sorry

sorry for my bad english

i study it in school and university but i havn`t a practice and tha is a problem

My name is Dima and i`m from Russia. i`m 23

I grew up in Moscow area, start to fan in 1999 when i chew snot

few games i may see on tv - other information from magazines

first what was so pretty in devils - Scott - the Man. that was awesome for little child - see how he made a cheks and destroyed opponents

(if you think "oh he is a gloryhunter who likes kovy" I say - no brothers - you are make mistake.

when talks start - i was in opposition, becouse i know about his problem in diffence and problem with teammates and problem with teamplay.)

Glad to be here.

so...

hello

at first for a future i wanna say a sorry

sorry for my bad english

i study it in school and university but i havn`t a practice and tha is a problem

My name is Dima and i`m from Russia. i`m 23

I grew up in Moscow area, start to fan in 1999 when i chew snot

few games i may see on tv - other information from magazines

first what was so pretty in devils - Scott - the Man. that was awesome for little child - see how he made a cheks and destroyed opponents

(if you think "oh he is a gloryhunter who likes kovy" I say - no brothers - you are make mistake.

when talks start - i was in opposition, becouse i know about his problem in diffence and problem with teammates and problem with teamplay.)

Glad to be here.

Always glad to read that there are fans from all around the world. Welcome.

• 3 months later...

My fanhood story is a bit embarrassing. I'm from Rhode Island and my dad was a huge Bruins fan, so thats what got me into hockey. As a young child, I started cheering for the team with the red, green and white jerseys because it reminded me of Christmas (every kid's favorite holiday)

0143.jpg

I've been a fan ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

I became a fan in `08

My cousins however they were fans since I can begin to remember.

Back in 2008 I started working at Prudential Center I didn't know a thing about hockey, the different divisions, the Stanley cup, etc.

After working there for a yr and some change (THE FANS, the team, the history and the passion of the team drew me in).

I became a fan ... And now I go to the stadium as a fan not as an employee.

That's my story

• 1 month later...

Just registered last night. Thought I would stop by and say hello. I have also noticed that there are very few Kings fans on the board here.

I am a fan of the enemy. I have been a Kings season seat holder since 1994. I have been through some VERY LEAN years.

I used to post on LGK years ago, but that place got way too political/intense so I had to get out of there.

I know Carpathian Forest from another board. He's a good dude. :-)

So, I figured it would be good for this board to get the other perspective. I am not a trash talker, I didn't come to pick fights, I am here to get the other perspective.

Cheers

Just registered last night. Thought I would stop by and say hello. I have also noticed that there are very few Kings fans on the board here.

I am a fan of the enemy. I have been a Kings season seat holder since 1994. I have been through some VERY LEAN years.

I used to post on LGK years ago, but that place got way too political/intense so I had to get out of there.

I know Carpathian Forest from another board. He's a good dude. :-)

So, I figured it would be good for this board to get the other perspective. I am not a trash talker, I didn't come to pick fights, I am here to get the other perspective.

Cheers

Welcome aboard. It's funny, there's a surprising lack of other team's fans on here these days. Occasional Rangers fans (some good people, some trolls) and a few fans of random teams like the Senators and Stars who haven't posted much lately if at all. Hope you stick around regardless of the outcome once the series is over!

Welcome aboard. It's funny, there's a surprising lack of other team's fans on here these days. Occasional Rangers fans (some good people, some trolls) and a few fans of random teams like the Senators and Stars who haven't posted much lately if at all. Hope you stick around regardless of the outcome once the series is over!

Thanks TLOA. Even though LA is up 2-0, I know this series is far from over. I've already pissed off a few of the Devils faithful. I guess that is to be expected.

I'm not a trash talker. I just love the game of hockey. I have a 12 year old who plays travel hockey and my wife is actually from Long Island...so she is a big Rangers fan. We've had season seats as a couple wince we were dating in 1993. We literally signed up for season seats a week after they lost the cup to Montreal thinking that GLORIOUS times were ahead. :evilcry: There have been LOTS of lean years in the Forum and Staples Center.

I got a big kick out of some of the hardcore fans here though. Not too happy about the result of Game 2. Although, I have to admit, it's pretty hard for me to comprehend when a team goes 10-0 on the road in the playoffs and they are called 'lucky.'

Cheers and thanks for the welcome.

Thanks TLOA. Even though LA is up 2-0, I know this series is far from over. I've already pissed off a few of the Devils faithful. I guess that is to be expected.

I'm not a trash talker. I just love the game of hockey. I have a 12 year old who plays travel hockey and my wife is actually from Long Island...so she is a big Rangers fan. We've had season seats as a couple wince we were dating in 1993. We literally signed up for season seats a week after they lost the cup to Montreal thinking that GLORIOUS times were ahead. :evilcry: There have been LOTS of lean years in the Forum and Staples Center.

I got a big kick out of some of the hardcore fans here though. Not too happy about the result of Game 2. Although, I have to admit, it's pretty hard for me to comprehend when a team goes 10-0 on the road in the playoffs and they are called 'lucky.'

Cheers and thanks for the welcome.

haha you're not a trash talker???

"But it is more fun watching you guys squirm here."

"The Devils are going to have a tough time flying out to LA, lose 3 hours, and get ready for a Monday 5pm (pst) game.

Get the fvck out of here, you clown. why are you even here? get over yourself, you are a herb and we dont want you here.

haha you're not a trash talker???

"But it is more fun watching you guys squirm here."

"The Devils are going to have a tough time flying out to LA, lose 3 hours, and get ready for a Monday 5pm (pst) game.

Get the fvck out of here, you clown. why are you even here? get over yourself, you are a herb and we dont want you here.

uhhhh...that was the other guy. Please look at the handles dude.

Edited by Metal_King

uhhhh...that was the other guy. Please look at the handles dude.

sorry man, i don't mean to be a complete ass even though i often am..

i hope you don't blame me for reacting to two LA fans that all of a sudden appear on this forum after another win

Edited by Onddeck

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you stick around regardless of the outcome once the series is over!

Thanks. And yes, I can stick around. I love the NHL, which is a totally underrated sport as far as I am concerned.

• 1 year later...

I'm 50 yrs old, grew up a Rangers fan, my son who is now 17, was at the doctor's office for a checkup and Scott Stevens had been there also. He asked him for his autograph, not only did he sign it but he sat and talked with him for a few minutes. To this day he still talks about that and that was like almost 8 years ago, became a fan that day.. Go to about 8 games per season.

I'm 50 yrs old, grew up a Rangers fan, my son who is now 17, was at the doctor's office for a checkup and Scott Stevens had been there also. He asked him for his autograph, not only did he sign it but he sat and talked with him for a few minutes. To this day he still talks about that and that was like almost 8 years ago, became a fan that day.. Go to about 8 games per season.

Welcome!