Jagr really wants to re-sign in NJ.

SterioDesign

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24474841/jaromir-jagr-hoping-to-re-sign-with-devils-for-another-season

i fvcking love Jagr, i mean... the guy doesnt owe anything to this organization really and yet he keep on giving sweet quotes like that about him not wanting to leave at all. And then you have Brodeur giving hint he could leave almost every 24 hrs 

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24474841/jaromir-jagr-hoping-to-re-sign-with-devils-for-another-season

i fvcking love Jagr, i mean... the guy doesnt owe anything to this organization really and yet he keep on giving sweet quotes like that about him not wanting to leave at all. And then you have Brodeur giving hint he could leave almost every 24 hrs 

Bullsh!t.  Don't go comparing the two.  Brodeur put over 20 years of work in this organization, he has earned the right to say whatever he wants.  Jagr is trying to look good because he wants to get another contract.  Jagr looks so great now because he's not following the money and needs a job after this year.  I'm just as happy as you are that Jagr likes it here and as long as he continues playing as he has, he's earned his 2nd year if Lou still wants him. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Do you really want Marty to stay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So everyone is upset and wants Marty gone, but when he tries to leave he is also hated on? Talk about a scapegoating in Devilland. 

Jagr will be at the least a 50 point player again next season. Eventually father time catches up to everyone but the fact that he's maintained this level of play...at 41-42 is amazing. Re-sign him

Also doesn't hurt that AC and Foxwoods are a stones throw away

1 year 4 million with the games played thing he has going on this season why not? Not like there is that much risk if he falls off the face of the earth. As long as you try to think of him as a bonus and not count on him to be a main scoring threat or we might be up crap creek if age catches up to him

He's definitely hit his bonuses this season - I'm just wondering if they count against the cap this season or if they were deferred (I vaguely recall something about the bonuses not counting against the cap until next year).

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 year 4 million with the games played thing he has going on this season why not? Not like there is that much risk if he falls off the face of the earth. As long as you try to think of him as a bonus and not count on him to be a main scoring threat or we might be up crap creek if age catches up to him

I really believe he should be scoring more goals, but his mindset is one of a play maker.  If someone could get him to flip the switch a little, he would have at least 5-8 more goals this season.  Hopefully if they find the guy to convince him of that then that same guy could talk to Zajac, who could/should be a 25 goal scorer with his quality chances.

He's definitely hit his bonuses this season - I'm just wondering if they count against the cap this season or if they were deferred (I vaguely recall something about the bonuses not counting against the cap until next year).

$2M of the cap hit from the games played bonus is deferred to next year. So his cap hit is $2M now and $2M next year.

Bonuses count this year, unless they send the Devils over the cap. If bonuses send the Devils over the cap then the excess is applied to next season.

$2M of the cap hit from the games played bonus is deferred to next year. So his cap hit is $2M now and $2M next year.

My cursory reading of capgeek seems to say the Devils can accept Jagr and Zid's $3 million in bonuses for this season's cap. Edited by Devils731

This is where people lose it when a player leaves for free agency. Would Jagr like to come back to NJ? Sure. He's open to it. He was asked a question and it's hard not to say otherwise. But I bet he would like to.

But very few players would say otherwise when asked about coming back to the team they are currently playing for. A lot of really opportunities could present themselves to him once the season ends, however.