The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Yup. People pay stupid prices when charity is involved, I've seen it both in this context and in others.

Plus, you can't even complain about the prices, it was an auction. If they were listing them for straight up sale, the prices would have been lower. But when people start bidding against each other, this kind of stuff happens.

And, as pointed out above, they were advertising it where in the past, casual fans didn't even know about it.

I wouldn't even count the fact that it was an auction.  Past retro night auctions didn't get into the stupid pricing territory that the HFC jerseys went into.

I have seen a few of the winners step forward claiming them won one of the HFC jerseys.  None are known collectors and pretty much all of them got one because "it's purple."  Wait until they have the replicas out next year for these for $90 each.

I'm sorry, I know this is serious to some of you and I absolutely respect that. But the point of this auction wasn't to satisfy "the collectors" , so why are you so concerned that people chose to spend their own hard earned money on something that a) Makes them happy and b) donates money directly to charity. I see zero reason why this would upset you so much. If I bought a Tootoo #22 Purple jersey because I like the color purple and I like ironic names, and I felt like the money I spent was worth it for a charity that I support, why is it so frustrating for you?

Thank you for that first line, I really appreciate it and I am not being sarcastic about it.  Usually the response I have gotten as well as others into this hobby is "oh you are just jersey snobs!" that I have seen on here, other forums and social media.  Again, I really do thank you for not going that route.

In regards to your actual post, I think my wording before was not the best and I think my point didn't come across cleanly.  Honestly, I do not care really what people spend their money on.  If they want to drop $2K+ on a warmup jersey because it is purple then be my guest.  I think it's foolish, but no skin off my back.

What I do find irritating are who are the ones dropping the $ on these jerseys.  I've asked around a little and not surprisingly none of the other collectors bid, which is fine.  However, the people who have come forward to say that they either bid or actually won one of them are the non-collectors who like to bust the people who collect jerseys (whether it be gamers or even replicas/authentics) balls.  These are the same people who buy knockoffs (I don't care if they do at this point) or whine about $150 jerseys from the Den and say how little money they have on jerseys but now all of the sudden have the $ to drop on jerseys because it is either purple or because of the cause (which is the silver lining here as it is a very good cause).  Next time I try to sell a jersey on the Devils FB groups that cost me $150 and I try to sell it for $100, I really would rather not hear from these people claim that I am asking too much for my jersey or try to hassle me for every $ while claiming poverty.

Basically in short, it's not why they bid, but who bid on them and how they are normally.

Edited by DevsMan84

Thank you for that first line, I really appreciate it and I am not being sarcastic about it.  Usually the response I have gotten as well as others into this hobby is "oh you are just jersey snobs!" that I have seen on here, other forums and social media.  Again, I really do thank you for not going that route.

In regards to your actual post, I think my wording before was not the best and I think my point didn't come across cleanly.  Honestly, I do not care really what people spend their money on.  If they want to drop $2K+ on a warmup jersey because it is purple then be my guest.  I think it's foolish, but no skin off my back.

What I do find irritating are who are the ones dropping the $ on these jerseys.  I've asked around a little and not surprisingly none of the other collectors bid, which is fine.  However, the people who have come forward to say that they either bid or actually won one of them are the non-collectors who like to bust the people who collect jerseys (whether it be gamers or even replicas/authentics) balls.  These are the same people who buy knockoffs (I don't care if they do at this point) or whine about $150 jerseys from the Den and say how little money they have on jerseys but now all of the sudden have the $ to drop on jerseys because it is either purple or because of the cause (which is the silver lining here as it is a very good cause).  Next time I try to sell a jersey on the Devils FB groups that cost me $150 and I try to sell it for $100, I really would rather not hear from these people claim that I am asking too much for my jersey or try to hassle me for every $ while claiming poverty.

Basically in short, it's not why they bid, but who bid on them and how they are normally.

Wait, people who buy fakes are now dropping $500+ for a purple warmup jersey? Not only does that sound unlikely, but even if they are, they are buying something real instead of a fake, and you're STILL upset with them??

Wait, people who buy fakes are now dropping $500+ for a purple warmup jersey? Not only does that sound unlikely, but even if they are, they are buying something real instead of a fake, and you're STILL upset with them??

I kid you not the same people who bitch and moan about jersey prices and rationalize buying fakes did indeed partake in this and drop $475+.

This is the type of sh!t that makes my head explode and why I am pissy about it.  They will go right back to bitching and moaning about jerseys prices and justifying buying fakes and giving me a hard time about my prices on sh!t that I am already taking a hit on.  Prime example of how this fanbase when it comes to sh!t like this are fickle as fvck.

"But its purple!"

Edited by DevsMan84

But that's two separate things. I find it hard to believe that anyone who spends a few grand on a fvckin purple jersey cares about "series 2" and "card photonatched" and all the terminology that goes into your hobby. These people aren't hurting you at all, because the people buying these jerseys want it for themselves and not to be a centerpiece in their proud jersey collection. What if the person who bought the Henrique jersey is a cancer patient who adores him? What it a family got together and bought one for their gramma who's a cancer survivor and loves Schnieder? These aren't jersey collecting people.

My point is, this type of jersey auction should concern you in your hobby about as much as model trains or coins or any other type of collectable-based hobby. Of course it's ridiculous to you (an avid collector) and me (a sports fan) that people would cherish a purple Devils jersey more than a game worn Stanley cup finals jersey. They have a Zidlicky SCF in the hall of fame for Christ sakes, obviously that jersey is cool as hell! But these people bought it with their own money and for their own collection (or lack thereof) because it makes them happy -- it shouldn't come off to you (not just you, but the others in this thread) as a personal insult and shouldn't even be worth your time getting upset about.

Source: my uncle got one for my die-hard aunt who is a breast cancer survivor.

Man, come on. That purple stands for something to a lot of people. And I'm damn sure it stands for something to most of the people who spend their hard earned money on getting one. Fickle as fvck?

And those reasons are 100% perfectly fine with me and doesn't affect my hobby at all.  If someone drops $2000+ for a warmup jersey and then busts my balls over a $100 jersey by crying poverty, just don't expect me to be a happy camper

Again, I am not attacking the charity or what the jerseys stand for.  It made a ton of money for charity and that's great. 

And those reasons are 100% perfectly fine with me and doesn't affect my hobby at all.  If someone drops $2000+ for a warmup jersey and then busts my balls over a $100 jersey by crying poverty, just don't expect me to be a happy camper

Again, I am not attacking the charity or what the jerseys stand for.  It made a ton of money for charity and that's great.

If I spent $2,000 on a practice Hersey I'd be crying poverty after as well.

The Mascot! Damn.

Hahaha

I am a little surprised as well.

Would explain some of it.

Thats someone of a good reason...but at the same time its a little puzzling.

Veterans Day camo warm-up jersey auctions ended last night and no surprise that it was significantly lower than the HFC jerseys.  Total amount brought in for just the jerseys is $14,903.40 with an average sale price of $596.14

Bobby Farnham  $       875.00

Cory Schneider  $       750.00

Mike Cammalleri  $       725.00

Adam Henrique  $       700.00

Kyle Palmieri  $       700.00

Andy Greene  $       680.00

Jordin Tootoo  $       675.00

Mascot  $       675.00

Damon Severson  $       669.00

Patrik Elias - GI  $       650.00

Lee Stempniak  $       650.00

Adam Larsson  $       650.00

Stephen Gionta  $       625.00

John Moore  $       625.00

Travis Zajac  $       594.40

David Schlemko  $       560.00

Keith Kinkaid  $       525.00

Brian O'Neill  $       475.00

Jacob Josefson  $       475.00

Jon Merrill  $       475.00

Sergey Kalinin  $       450.00

Eric Gelinas - GI  $       450.00

Stephan Matteau  $       425.00

Jiri Tlusty  $       425.00

Tuomo Ruutu - GI  $       400.00

Edited by DevsMan84

Still a little high for some but more realistic prices!!

Oh definitely and this actually had the lowest average price per shirt for a Devils auction since the Stadium Series practice worn jersey auction.

There were many reasons for the drop such as:

1) Replica camo jerseys are readily available for sale

2) Military charity's tend to speak to fewer people.  What I mean is that fewer people have a connection to the cause while cancer has a larger pool.

3) It was only a couple of weeks after the HFC jerseys, so some people's wallets were a little light.

Any specific reason why Farnham's was the highest??

Simply, he is the flavor of the month.  Before that (and still kind of is) was Tootoo, and before him was Gionta, and so on.

There could be other reasons too such as possibly his family bidding on it as well.  That has happened many times before.

Meigray Holiday sale is now on.  Terms have been changed this year as well.  I didn't really have my eye on anything in particular, so it doesn't really affect me.  However the good news is that now a good chunk of my collection got 5% more valuable lol.

MEIGRAY’S 2015 HOLIDAY AND BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

The more you spend, the more you save!!!

·

Spend $1,000 or more and receive a $50 gift voucher.

·

Spend $2,500 or more and receive a $125 gift voucher.

·

Spend $5,000 or more and receive a $250 gift voucher.

Gift vouchers are good on any future retail purchase of in-stock MeiGray-owned items priced at $495 or higher (not including orders or pre-orders already placed) through June 30, 2016.

Now what’s the rest of the sale look like?

2014-2015 NHL-MGG PROGRAM TEAMS (meigray.com)

· Take 20% off any

game-worn

jersey in stock from 2014-15 owned by MeiGray

(jerseys with an asterisk - * - are excluded).

· Take 10% off an

y game-issued jersey (GI)

in stock from 2014-15.

2002-03 through 2013-14 NHL-MGG (meigray.com and nhlgameworn.com)

· Take 35% off any

preseason, regular-season or playoffs game-worn jersey

from 2002-03 through 2013-14.

(Jerseys with an asterisk - * - are excluded).

· Take 20% off any

practice

jersey from 2002-03 thru 2013-14 priced at $99 or higher.

· Take 15% off any

game-issued (GI), or training camp jersey

from 2002-03 through 2013-14.

·

NOTE: NEW JERSEY DEVILS 2012 STANLEY CUP FINALS JERSEYS ARE NOT ON SALE

AHL-MGG (meigray.com)

· Buy one 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, or 2008-09 AHL-MGG program jersey in stock at full price, get one of equal or lesser value FREE. Jerseys with an asterisk - * - are excluded.

· Take 40% off any one jersey in stock from 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, or 2008-09 AHL-MGG program.

· Take 20% off any Chicago Wolves or Albany Devils jersey in stock.

ECHL-MGG (meigray.com)

· Take 20% off any 2013-14 or 2014-15 Orlando Solar Bears jersey in stock.

· Take 25% off any 2012-13 ECHL-MGG program jersey in stock.

· Take 50% off any 2011-12 or earlier ECHL-MGG program jersey in stock.

2007-2008 through 2014-15 NBA & MGG PROGRAM TEAMS (nbagameworn.com)

· Take 10% off any jersey in stock from 2014-15 priced at $995 or more.

· Take 20% off any jersey in stock from 2013-14 priced at $995 or more.

· Take 35% off any jersey in stock from 2010-11 and 2011-12 priced at $995 or more.

· Take 50% off any jersey in stock from 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-10 priced at $995 or more.

· Take 10% off any game-issued (GI) jersey.

· Jerseys with an asterisk - * - are excluded.

2005-06 AND 2006-2007 NBA & MGG GAMERS, HARDWOOD CLASSICS (nbagameworn.com and meigray.com)

· Take 50% off any jersey in stock

. (Jerseys with an asterisk - * - are excluded).

US Open Tennis Match-Used and Autographed Items

· Take 25% off any item in stock.

Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers (meigray.com)

· Take 20% off any 2014 jersey in stock.

· Take 35% off any 2012 or 2013 jersey in stock.

· Take 20% off any 2012 or 2013 football in stock

New York Jets and Philadelphia Eagles (meigray.com)

· Take 50% off any black, white or green game-worn jersey in stock.

· Take 30% off any Eagles Throwback item in stock.

PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:

· SALE PRICES LOCK IN ONLY WHEN ITEMS ARE PAID IN FULL. We process credit cards manually, so you will only be charged the sale price even though your confirmation receipt lists the full price.

· CREDIT CARDS OR PAYPAL (

) ONLY. IF YOUR CREDIT CARD IS DECLINED, YOUR ORDER WILL NOT LOCK IN UNTIL THE DAY YOUR CREDIT CARD IS APPROVED.

· Sale ends Friday, December 18, 11:59 p.m. ET so we can get your orders to you in time for Xmas.

· Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and shipping.

· Call toll-free, 888-463-4472, for descriptions of game use.

·

EQUIPMENT IS NOT ON SALE.

·

CLEARANCE ITEMS ARE NOT ON SALE.

·

CONSIGNMENT ITEMS MARKED WITH AN ASTERISK * ARE NOT ON SALE.

·

ALL SALES FINAL. RETURNS NOT PERMITTED.

·

THIS SALE CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER SALE.

·

DISCOUNT COUPONS MAY NOT BE USED FOR THIS SALE.

·

GRAB BAG CREDITS MAY NOT BE USED FOR THIS SALE.

·

GRAB BAG CERTIFICATES MAY NOT BE USED FOR THIS SALE.

·

NO LAYAWAYS. PAYMENT IN FULL IS REQUIRED.

· If you are paying with PayPal, we will adjust your order if you are charged full price … or you can MANUALLY PAY WITH PAYPAL to

·

MEIGRAY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL OR COMPUTER/WEBSITE GLITCHES. NO ORDER IS DEEMED CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR ORDER IS SHIPPED.

• 3 weeks later...

Albany Devils Ugly Christmas sweater jersey auction ended tonight and they went for crazy prices.  Not surprised it was high but some just went for stupid prices.  Some of the higher end ones probably had family/friends bidding on them.  No way does Yann Danis go for Brodeur money.  I didn't bid but I will possibly in a year or two when the prices come down.  Total amount for all 24 jerseys was $19,315.35 and the average price per jersey ended up being $804.81.

Player  Final Bid 
Yann Danis  $    3,240.99
Greg Wolfe  $    1,525.00
Joe Blandisi  $    1,100.02
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond  $       826.00
Matt Lorito  $       825.00
Mike Sislo  $       825.00
Rod Pelley  $       750.00
Brandon Burlon  $       730.00
Vojtech Mozik  $       700.00
Corey Tropp  $       685.00
Seth Helgeson  $       679.00
Corbin McPherson  $       675.00
Paul Thompson - GI  $       628.00
Scott Wedgewood - Bench  $       600.00
Chris McKelvie - GI  $       600.00
Max Novak  $       600.00
Reid Boucher  $       576.33
Jim O'Brien - GI  $       575.01
Reece Scarlett - GI  $       575.00
Ben Thomson  $       525.00
Ryan Kujawinski  $       525.00
Blake Pietila  $       525.00
Doug Carr - GI  $       525.00
Marc-Andre Gragnani  $       500.00

I was thinking of bidding on one but then got offered something A LOT better than these so I took that deal and don't regret it at all.

I am 99% sure I am out on the Marty Night gamers if they put them up for auction.  No way am I going to pay $800+ on a Schlemko or Moore gamer with a stinkin patch on it. 

I don't even wanna know what you got instead haha. I know I'll be jealous. I'm trying to find a jersey to end the year off but nothing really striking me out there. 

Im not even gonna bother with the Broduer jerseys. They are gonna go for crazy money. Rather try and grab another retro jersey this year. The red and green jerseys are my favorite. 

Yeah I got some really good stuff recently lol.

Brodeur night will be nuts.  It will be filled with fans who are going to overpay for an expensive souvenir and you are going to also have collectors in on this one who have to have it to avoid a hole in their retirement night collection.  I have a Niedermayer Night jersey that I am trying to unload so that shows how much I am into these retirement night jerseys now haha.

Retro Night will be the better bet as 1) it is worn in 2 game now and 2) I think it will be lower as they will be auctioned off only a month away from Marty night gamers.  I might take a chance at a Retro night gamer myself but still not 100% sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.