Cheer up Devils fans

eaglejelly

WE are still better than the Rangers and the Flyers

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

New Jersey
0-3-3

Last Week: 26 When you're averaging 1.83 goals per game, it's not shocking that you don't have a win yet.

New York
1-4-0

Last Week: 24 OK, it's shocking they have a win while averaging 1.80 goals per game.

--

Last Week: 29 Scoring just 1.33 goals per game? Well, those are your Flyers right now.

Edited by eaglejelly

I wonder how those teams actually look, compared to the Devils.  Right now the Devils look like a hockey team to me, only slower. 

I look at Clowe's numbers from '08-'09 to '11-'12 and I'm kind of wondering how he did that.   

I wonder how those teams actually look, compared to the Devils.  Right now the Devils look like a hockey team to me, only slower. 

I look at Clowe's numbers from '08-'09 to '11-'12 and I'm kind of wondering how he did that.   

Probably the way Zajac and Henrique were doing better in past seasons.....being surrounded by better players

This is essentially what Salvador was saying to the media last night, and what pissed me off is that Salvador's forgetting the simple fact that our next game is on Thursday. Essentially, other teams can get 2-4 points up on us by then, looking at the schedule. That's the wrong kind of thing for Captain Salvador to use as motivation for the team.

I have no idea. That one surprised me. I don't know who they have down on the farm, but I assume they have someone.

Don't be surprised if you see Hedberg signed for a 1 year deal at approx. $750K-$1 million, unless they think Talbot can hold his own for the 8-10 starts the backup is going to get there this season.  The Queen is in for a very heavy workload going forward this season with having to play 70+ for the Rags, plus all of the games Team Sweden is involved in at the Olympics. 

This is essentially what Salvador was saying to the media last night, and what pissed me off is that Salvador's forgetting the simple fact that our next game is on Thursday. Essentially, other teams can get 2-4 points up on us by then, looking at the schedule. That's the wrong kind of thing for Captain Salvador to use as motivation for the team.

He's giving the standard PC line to keep the team from pushing the panic button 2 weeks in the season.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Most captains in his position would say the same thing.

Talbot's going to play 15 games, not 10, and the Rangers released Hedberg like 4 days into his PTO.  I don't think the Rangers have any interest in Hedberg.

Guessing the Rangers said, "He was good a couple of seasons ago, not so much last season, maybe it was just a bad year, maybe he's still got something."  Then they saw him play and said, "Nope, he's just not any good anymore." 

Ok not to jinx anything, but contrary to what I posted earlier in the thread I actually think the Devils have the best chance of the three to turn it around. Whether or not that means we'll make the playoffs I won't say but I feel the Devils are the best of three.

Clowe was a solid player for the Sharks. Before Couture, he was on the 1st/2nd line. So, yeah. He played some with Thornton. Look at the talent. Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski and Couture. Boyle running the power play. Heatley, then Havlat even though neither is much anymore. It's not like Clowe doesn't know how to play. He does the dirty work in front and gets the garbage goals. I'd look more at his injury history. His style wears down. Now, concussions. He shouldn't have been signed for more than 3 years.