Opening Night White

DaneykoIsGod

What I find funniest about this is that we have a group of fans who are complaining about what other fans are wearing to a game because it would have created a nice visual experience, as if the big poop the Devils left on the ice would have been any better with a different color. Devils fans are calling other Devils fans 'bad fans' that are 'too good for whatever' over a stupid white t-shirt that wouldn't have fit over my jersey anyway. (I wore it over my shoulders. Maybe I would have waved it had there been any reason.) Lighten up already.

Funny, there's no thread about the sh!thead Devil fans screaming obscenities during the moment of silence or national anthem. I think that looks way worse than if someone participated in a white out or not.

Well said sir. Valid on all counts.

What I find funniest about this is that we have a group of fans who are complaining about what other fans are wearing to a game because it would have created a nice visual experience, as if the big poop the Devils left on the ice would have been any better with a different color.

You're right. It wouldn't have made a difference in the score and has no effect whatsoever on the end outcome of the game.

However, having said that, it's obvious you've paid little or no attention (or cared) to the points made by people in this thread who are trying to explain why it bothers them. Win or lose, it would have been nice to see a majority of the fans wearing white because the Devils asked us too instead of rebelling and acting like petulant children over the same "stupid" white t-shirt.

Devils fans are calling other Devils fans 'bad fans' that are 'too good for whatever' over a stupid white t-shirt that wouldn't have fit over my jersey anyway. (I wore it over my shoulders. Maybe I would have waved it had there been any reason.) Lighten up already.

Take the fvcking jersey off then. There, problem solved. They could have given out "stupid" authentic jerseys and people would piss and moan it was the wrong color, player, etc. The t-shirt is just a metaphor for what is wrong with this fanbase. I am sorry you just do not see it or refuse to accept the harsh truth that the Devils have fans that are petulant and self-important.

Funny, there's no thread about the sh!thead Devil fans screaming obscenities during the moment of silence or national anthem. I think that looks way worse than if someone participated in a white out or not.

Because i'd bet money some of the involved are the same douches who sh!t on the white out. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Also for the last part of the anthem I def agree with you. "Where's Arlette?" was funny the first 200 times I heard it.

I totally agree, too, that the screaming during the moment of silence (any moment of silence; this was certainly not the first time) is idiotic and embarrassing. But at the risk of being stupid: Where is Arlette? Seriously? I've tried to search to see if there's a thread about her around here, but didn't find any....

Edited by Brick Pig

You're right. It wouldn't have made a difference in the score and has no effect whatsoever on the end outcome of the game.

However, having said that, it's obvious you've paid little or no attention (or cared) to the points made by people in this thread who are trying to explain why it bothers them. Win or lose, it would have been nice to see a majority of the fans wearing white because the Devils asked us too instead of rebelling and acting like petulant children over the same "stupid" white t-shirt.

Yes, it would have been nice. However, you are REALLY overreacting by deciding that anyone who didn't wear them must be 'petulant'. It's not like people were throwing them on the ground or anything and making a big deal. I don't think anyone refused to wear them as a rebellion. That's just paranoid.

Take the fvcking jersey off then. There, problem solved.

No.

They could have given out "stupid" authentic jerseys and people would piss and moan it was the wrong color, player, etc. The t-shirt is just a metaphor for what is wrong with this fanbase. I am sorry you just do not see it or refuse to accept the harsh truth that the Devils have fans that are petulant and self-important.

No, I see what you're saying. But it's not a metaphor. It's not self important people. It's you blowing it out proportion.

Because i'd bet money some of the involved are the same douches who sh!t on the white out. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

You honestly think these 2 things have ANYTHING in common? You really think the same 'rebellion' group that you made up in your head also drunkenly yelled during a moment of silence or the anthem?

Yes, it would have been nice. However, you are REALLY overreacting by deciding that anyone who didn't wear them must be 'petulant'. It's not like people were throwing them on the ground or anything and making a big deal. I don't think anyone refused to wear them as a rebellion. That's just paranoid.

Someone so attached to their jersey that they won't take it off for any reason including unifying with other fans is petulant. Someone who uses how much they paid for their jersey as a reason not to take off the jersey is petulant. Someone who won't wear a white t-shirt because the team wears red jerseys is petulant. That's just some. I think that sums it up.

No.

Petulant. See above.

No, I see what you're saying. But it's not a metaphor. It's not self important people. It's you blowing it out proportion.

You're trying to defend comments that qualify as such. Even the most laissez-faire of fans i know were saying exactly what myself and others here have said.

You honestly think these 2 things have ANYTHING in common? You really think the same 'rebellion' group that you made up in your head also drunkenly yelled during a moment of silence or the anthem?

My use of "rebellion" is tongue-in-cheek. Time to move on there.

It gets back to the point that this fanbase has too many people who do whatever they want and feel like and think it's ok behavior to do so. It is inclusive from not wearing a white T promoting fan unity to yelling during the anthem. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Someone so attached to their jersey that they won't take it off for any reason including unifying with other fans is petulant. Someone who uses how much they paid for their jersey as a reason not to take off the jersey is petulant. Someone who won't wear a white t-shirt because the team wears red jerseys is petulant. That's just some. I think that sums it up.

Petulant. See above.

petulant - moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, especially over some trifling annoyance: a petulant toss of the head.

It would seem someone who flies off the handle over what complete strangers wear to hockey game is sort of petulant, too.

You're trying to defend comments that qualify as such. Even the most laissez-faire of fans i know were saying exactly what myself and others here have said.

No, I'm just saying cut people a little slack. It's a colored piece of cloth. And you've gone on for 2 days complaining about it.

My use of "rebellion" is tongue-in-cheek. Time to move on there.

It gets back to the point that this fanbase has too many people who do whatever they want and feel like and think it's ok behavior to do so. It is inclusive from not wearing a white T promoting fan unity to yelling during the anthem. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No, it's not inclusive. One is not wearing a shirt. Another is disrespecting the dead and your country. There is actually a difference.

You wanna know WHY I wore the jersey? Because I forgot about the white out, walked in, got handed a t-shirt and said 'woops'. Then I went to my seat to enjoy a hockey game, never once thinking that my decision was somehow chapping the ass of some guy I don't know on a message board. It wasn't a refusal to promote fan unity, it wasn't doing whatever I feel like, but yes, I did think it was "ok behavior to do so."

That ok, officer?

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I've pretty much decided to ignore your spin and point by now, but make sure you mark Niedermayer Retirement Night down right now well in advance. I wouldn't want you to show up and forget that, either.

Bwahahahaha ok whatever, man. I got that one all marked down on my calendar. I'll try not to ruin the fan unity that night.