6 replies to this topic

#1 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

I would have posted this in one of them but barely anyone reads them so no one would notice it. Each post to your twitter does not need its own thread.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 26 July 2010 - 06:46 PM.

#2 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

+1

#3 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Agreed. Or at least create a new sub-forum just for them and have them not show up on the "View new content".

#4 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

I agree too.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#5 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

Agreed. Or at least create a new sub-forum just for them and have them not show up on the "View new content".

this would be awesome.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#6 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

there actually is a twitter feeds sub-forum, they should go in there with the rest
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

Each post to your twitter does not need its own thread.

That's how it works, though. The board has an RSS reader that populates the News Feeds section with stuff like Puck Daddy posts, TG's blog, et cetera. It uses that same RSS reader to pull in the various Twitter feeds, but since it doesn't realize it's a Twitter account rather than a traditional RSS feed that contains links to news articles, it posts every single tweet as its own thread. It's annoying, I know, but there's not much we can do to change that without some heavy modifications.

It was mentioned in another thread that DM plans to upgrade the site software soon. I don't know if it offers enhanced Twitter integration, but there will be other new and improved options for mobile users. Not only is there an iPhone app that should work with the board, but I understand that the mobile skin is miles better than what we currently have. We should be able to come up with a solution that meets everyone's needs.

(tl;dr: Yeah, it sucks, but hang tight, we're examining our options and should have it taken care of soon.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users