KHL games at the Barclay's Center moved back to Russia

Crisis

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/khl_games_scheduled_to_be_played_at_barclays_center_moved_to_russia/

"The announcement comes two days after an NHL team —the Islanders—announced it signed a 25-year lease to begin playing at Barclays Center in 2015-16. Coincidence?"

This is really disappointing. I was hoping to go check these Russian teams out regardless of whether Kovi and Ovi were playing for them or the NHL.

This probably has to do more with problems in the KHL than with the lockout or the islanders move.

I figured this was at best 50% happening when they announced the games.

Yeah TG sent out some tweet that it was related to poor KHL finances, not anything to do with the Islanders

Which I don't get.. I mean these were like the KHLs biggest teams with NHL stars on them.. And the KHL has come out saying they want to expand all over Europe and compete with the NHL, yet they can't afford 2 games in the US? Why would this have broken the bank so much?

Yeah TG sent out some tweet that it was related to poor KHL finances, not anything to do with the Islanders

Which I don't get.. I mean these were like the KHLs biggest teams with NHL stars on them.. And the KHL has come out saying they want to expand all over Europe and compete with the NHL, yet they can't afford 2 games in the US? Why would this have broken the bank so much?

And this shows how laughable the Russian NHL stars threat to stay in the KHL is.

Or, the KHL is aware of "insider info" that the lockout may end in time in order to nullify the value of that game in the USA. I'm sure they have "inside sources" that had to make decisions on the logistics of the game and committ money to it already. If the game had a realistic chance of happening, it would ONLY be if the NHL was not going to be playing during that time. Insider info may have indicated it would be a wise decision for the KHL to scrap the whole event...

This is good news for the NHL and its fans...