Poll: New Jersey eliminated, who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

gardenstatepkwy

Devil-less playoffs 2013  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Devils have officially been eliminated from the playoffs, which team will you pull for?

• Pittsburgh
    • Boston
    • Washington
    • Montreal
    • Toronto
    • NY Islanders
    • Ottawa
    • Winnepeg
    • Chicago
    • Anaheim
    • Vancouver
    • Los Angeles
    • San Jose
    • St. Louis
    • Minnesota
    • Columbus
    • Detroit
    • Phoenix
    • Dallas
    • No One. F them all/Don't Care

Probably the Ducks, they've been a team I always kind of liked. Oh, and I also do hope the best for Detroit, I've had only pleasant experiences with their fanbase and they've got quite the legacy. But in all honesty, I won't be watching the actual games until they'd make the conference finals or the SCF.

Caps in the East, I would like to see Ovi and Oates get to the Finals.

Sharks in the West, as they're the local team.  But I went to the Sharks-Jackets game last night, and got in trouble with my Sharks friends as I was rooting for Columbus to win to help knock out Minny :giggle:

I'm casting a wide net this year:

East:
- Isles (their fans deserve some success after all the bullsh!t they've had to put up with, don't hate them as rivals yet)

- Caps (would like to see Ovie finally win something team-related)

- Sens (Go sens go!)

West:
- Sharks (so much talent, but not much post-season success)

- Columbus (similar to Isles, would love to see them have some success for their fans)

- Ducks (Teemu's just the man)

I'll be actively rooting against the Penguins, Rangers (if they make it), and Wild.

Being born in 1990 and also having played for a hockey team as a kid, called the Might Ducks, that's who I root for. I also find Selanne to be a class act and really like him. Them being in the west also helps me not create hatred for them. I like St Louis too , they're a lot like us, so I feel a little kinship with their fans. They had that great record of not missing the playoffs for 25 years I think it was, but they never won. That must be terrible. Their whole story is kind of a sad one, so I just feel for STL in that respect.

Edited by ATLL765

Sorry, but screw the Bruins (not the city, the team.  Clear and different distinction here, don't get on my case about it).  They've done nothing but stomp the Devils recently, I feel no compassion for that team (again, the TEAM, not the city).

Too bad the Flames suck this year - I have good memories of rooting for them during their 2004 run (though with Kipper retiring and Iginla gone it's a whole new reality there, now. Also, I find it hard to follow the Penguins just for Iggy). I'll probably root for the Isles, don't really care about most of the other teams. I think NYI and Toronto making a come back is a pretty cool story, so I wouldn't mind the Leafs making some noise, too, although I don't like the tone of a lot of the Canadian fans and media and I won't mind if their Cup-drought gets extended again.

Plus, we're probably going to see some nice story develop at some point, so maybe if there is some cool underdog thing going on, I'll jump on the bandwagon.