GDT- Eastern Conference Semifinals. Game 1 New Jersey @ Philadelphia

Derlique

I keep reading Clarkson must be hurt and I know he sat out a game towards the end of the season, he didn't look hurt when he skated half the length of the ice and around the net making a great pass to Zajac in Game 4. It is possible a guy who never had 20 goals before this year is just in a goalscoring slump.

I keep reading Clarkson must be hurt and I know he sat out a game towards the end of the season, he didn't look hurt when he skated half the length of the ice and around the net making a great pass to Zajac in Game 4. It is possible a guy who never had 20 goals before this year is just in a goalscoring slump.

I had a feeling he could disappear from a goal-scoring standpoint come playoff time...but at least he's got some assists (6 of em), and is getting shots on goal (19). It's not like he's vanished entirely.

Hasan, he's a step too slow too (Clarkson)...he has bursts of stuff, but he's a step too slow for a not-so-fast guy and he's having trouble getting in on the forecheck and getting to pucks as he used too.

Yeah, this. Before the injury he was really terrorizing bottom pairings on some shifts, we haven't seen much of that in the playoffs. He should've crushed Jovanovski-Gudbranson-Strachan.

I've noticed Clarkson isn't getting to the front of the net as much as he was in the regular season. Defensively, teams have tightened up in front of the net.

I was as happy with a playoff loss as one can be. :saddevil:

Philly looked piss poor and extremely beatable. I really hope the Devils gained confidence from that.

OT disappointed.

It looked like they play the game in their heads not on ice and it threw them off their timing.

This team is capable of winning this, they really are, It's just a matter of are they really motivated enough?

I don't mean that in a bad way -- I'm sure they feel the urgency but it doesn't seem to get to the point of real clarity and singleness of purpose.

It's like they think the single purpose, but all their efforts get diluted with minutiae.

It's hard -- the whole "one step at a time" has it's merits, but every single step can't be that urgent or you burn out.

You have to be kidding! Piss poor?? Maybe in the first period, and it was more like rusty. The Devils had the jump alright, but once the game settled it was mostly Flyers.

This was NJ's chance to steal a game, and they didn't close the deal.

BTW, did you miss me? ;)

+1,

also whether or not Kovy is actually hurt, I'm not buying anything until I see some sort of official statement (which probably won't come while we're still playing, if ever). So I'm not jumping on this whole "Kovy is hurt conspiracy" bandwagon either. He's only played in 2 playoff series and the one with ATL tanked almost immediately. He just won his first one and now we have the Flyers this round. It wouldn't be easy for anyone.

Are you jumping on the "kovy is hurt factual bandwagon" now?