• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#61 tharrison

tharrison

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

How about Bellos, on the other side of Penn Station? Decent at lunch.

#62 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

According to their website, the Brick City Bar and Grille is going o open on January 6.

There is a new date on the Brick City Web site. It now says doors open on Jan. 2. :cheers:

Edited by 95Crash, 30 December 2008 - 11:07 PM.

#63 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Definitely a good idea for them to open up on January 2 rather than waiting till the 6th. Now they get two decent crowds this weekend. Montreal on Friday will be 16,000+ and the Ottawa game should be around 15,000.

#64 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

Definitely a good idea for them to open up on January 2 rather than waiting till the 6th. Now they get two decent crowds this weekend. Montreal on Friday will be 16,000+ and the Ottawa game should be around 15,000.

I am looking forward to checking it out before/after Sunday's game. ... Posted Image

;)

#65 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

Brick City's menu looks too big to handle. I guess they're trying to cater to both the upscale and the game crowd but it's hard to have that many items and have them all be quality.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#66 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

I am looking forward to checking it out before/after Sunday's game. ... Posted Image

;)

Ditto. Can't wait to check this place out.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#67 thiswontwork

thiswontwork

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

BRICK CITY OPENED!

Was there opening night and they had a few glitches but overall a nice job and another quality location next to the Pru. Also, Im throwing in my heat for the lunch place/Rio Cruz (on market three buildings from Barros) for before games. Order the Skirt Steak and you can't go wrong :clap:

#68 rockcreature66630

rockcreature66630

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

I went to brick city before the sens game and think its the best thing next to hockey arena. I mean i sat at the bar because all the tables were full and was able to watch the miami(football) game and montreal vs the panthers game. Ive never been to bar where they have center ice. LOL The only thing is i could see that place getting real ugly the next time the rangers are in town.
"We hit each other with a couple," he said. "But it felt good-- more the part of hitting him that him hitting me. That felt better. But just being in it. It's been a while. It's not something you get to do when you don't play in the NHL and stay out of jail. Usually, that's frowned upon in society. But it's fun to go against a tough guy just to challenge yourself."

"It was a 3-0 call," Bobby Holik said simply, referring to the score at the time. "I think it was the first time ever for the teams I've played for."

"Not for me," he said. "I always try to play well and I always prepare and practice the same way every day whether it's the off-season, training camp or the 52nd game of the season (which it is tonight). That's one thing that's beyond my control as far as three goalies, four goalies and coaching decisions on who plays and who doesn't.

"I like to think that I'm somebody that takes my job seriously and I do those things at a high level. When I do that and practice well and I put in the time and as much extra, the other stuff is beyond my control. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that I do everything I need to do to help my teammates and to be able to play the way I'm capable of playing when given a chance."

Scoring chances against remain low. Scoring chances for have doubled. It's Sutter hockey, and it's working.

"Sure it's difficult, but you've got to make decisions and Whitey's going to go back in the lineup and someone's going to come out,"

08/09 Games attended
Fri Oct 10, 2008 Islanders Devils 1 - 2 W
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Flyers Devils 6 - 3 L
Sat Oct 25, 2008 Devils Flyers 2 - 3 O
Wed Oct 29, 2008 Maple Leafs Devils 6 - 5 O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 Rangers Devils 5 - 2 L
Fri Nov 21, 2008 Islanders Devils 2 - 5 W
Sat Dec 13, 2008 Sabres Devils 4 - 2 L
Tue Dec 23, 2008 Bruins Devils 2 - 0 L
Sun Jan 4, 2009 Senators Devils 3 - 4 W
Sat Jan 17, 2009 Devils Islanders 3 - 1 W
Wed Jan 21, 2009 Canadiens Devils 2 - 5 W
Mon Feb 9, 2009 Rangers Devils 0 - 3 W
Sat Feb 21, 2009 Devils Islanders 0 - 4 L

#69 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

Got the nachos at BCB&G last night. It was one of the few places I've ordered them where the toppings outlasted the chips. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#70 J0llyR0ger

J0llyR0ger

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Question about Brick City, my friends went there the other day and said they ID'd them at the door, are people underage still allowed to go in just for the dining? They weren't sure or not but said the food was amazing, just wanted to check because I'd love to stop by sometime.
Posted Image

#71 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Question about Brick City, my friends went there the other day and said they ID'd them at the door, are people underage still allowed to go in just for the dining? They weren't sure or not but said the food was amazing, just wanted to check because I'd love to stop by sometime.

I wasn't when I went in, on opening night, but things might have changed since. All I was told was that you have to be drinking age to go up the two steps to the bar area (then you can't see the hot bartender I've heard so much about :angry: ) but anybody can go to the restaurant portion in the rear.

Edited by The Rock 07, 09 January 2009 - 10:04 PM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#72 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I wasn't when I went in, on opening night, but things might have changed since. All I was told was that you have to be drinking age to go up the two steps to the bar area (then you can't see the hot bartender I've heard so much about :angry: ) but anybody can go to the restaurant portion in the rear.

Ohhh there's more than one of them. The bar in the actually dining area was staffed by a pretty cute/hot waitress as well on Thursday night, in addition to the actual bar area.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#73 waynec1969

waynec1969

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

... then you can't see the hot bartender I've heard so much about :angry: ...

I was at the bar on Sunday for the Ottawa game. Tanya was the blond, Tracie the brunette. I had the Mexi-something burger, a pint of Boddington's and several pints of Guinness. Plenty to look at during commercials!

I heard the place was packed prior to the Habs game, including visiting Habs fans.

#74 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

I went to brick city before the sens game and think its the best thing next to hockey arena. I mean i sat at the bar because all the tables were full and was able to watch the miami(football) game and montreal vs the panthers game. Ive never been to bar where they have center ice. LOL The only thing is i could see that place getting real ugly the next time the rangers are in town.

It's a small thing but it shows they know what they are doing by catering to the hockey crowd.

#75 waynec1969

waynec1969

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

It's a small thing but it shows they know what they are doing by catering to the hockey crowd.

Amen to that!

#76 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

Just thought I'd mention what happened before the Metallica show on Saturday. First we went to Scully's and it was ridiculously packed, so we left. We went to The Spot, which still had bar seats available. We sat down and the owner of the place (I think he said his name was Russell ... you'll understand in a minute why my memory is fuzzy) said that if we stay for three rounds of beer he'll buy us a round of shots. Deal. When all was said and done, I lost count of how many beers we all had but we paid for two rounds of shots and got six rounds for free.

Yeah. I like that place.
Posted Image

#77 rockcreature66630

rockcreature66630

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

Just thought I'd mention what happened before the Metallica show on Saturday. First we went to Scully's and it was ridiculously packed, so we left. We went to The Spot, which still had bar seats available. We sat down and the owner of the place (I think he said his name was Russell ... you'll understand in a minute why my memory is fuzzy) said that if we stay for three rounds of beer he'll buy us a round of shots. Deal. When all was said and done, I lost count of how many beers we all had but we paid for two rounds of shots and got six rounds for free.

Yeah. I like that place.

sound slike you had a good time. Did anyone hear the lets go ranger/devil chants in between bands on sundays concert
"We hit each other with a couple," he said. "But it felt good-- more the part of hitting him that him hitting me. That felt better. But just being in it. It's been a while. It's not something you get to do when you don't play in the NHL and stay out of jail. Usually, that's frowned upon in society. But it's fun to go against a tough guy just to challenge yourself."

"It was a 3-0 call," Bobby Holik said simply, referring to the score at the time. "I think it was the first time ever for the teams I've played for."

"Not for me," he said. "I always try to play well and I always prepare and practice the same way every day whether it's the off-season, training camp or the 52nd game of the season (which it is tonight). That's one thing that's beyond my control as far as three goalies, four goalies and coaching decisions on who plays and who doesn't.

"I like to think that I'm somebody that takes my job seriously and I do those things at a high level. When I do that and practice well and I put in the time and as much extra, the other stuff is beyond my control. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that I do everything I need to do to help my teammates and to be able to play the way I'm capable of playing when given a chance."

Scoring chances against remain low. Scoring chances for have doubled. It's Sutter hockey, and it's working.

"Sure it's difficult, but you've got to make decisions and Whitey's going to go back in the lineup and someone's going to come out,"

08/09 Games attended
Fri Oct 10, 2008 Islanders Devils 1 - 2 W
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Flyers Devils 6 - 3 L
Sat Oct 25, 2008 Devils Flyers 2 - 3 O
Wed Oct 29, 2008 Maple Leafs Devils 6 - 5 O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 Rangers Devils 5 - 2 L
Fri Nov 21, 2008 Islanders Devils 2 - 5 W
Sat Dec 13, 2008 Sabres Devils 4 - 2 L
Tue Dec 23, 2008 Bruins Devils 2 - 0 L
Sun Jan 4, 2009 Senators Devils 3 - 4 W
Sat Jan 17, 2009 Devils Islanders 3 - 1 W
Wed Jan 21, 2009 Canadiens Devils 2 - 5 W
Mon Feb 9, 2009 Rangers Devils 0 - 3 W
Sat Feb 21, 2009 Devils Islanders 0 - 4 L

#78 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Can someone give me some avg prices for Brick City B n G? I want to go but they don't list prices on the site, which sometimes means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#79 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Can someone give me some avg prices for Brick City B n G? I want to go but they don't list prices on the site, which sometimes means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I only looked at the menu once when I was there but it wasn't crazy expensive. Maybe a little more expensive than a TGIF's? Hopefully someone with a little better memory can help you out a little better.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#80 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

sound slike you had a good time. Did anyone hear the lets go ranger/devil chants in between bands on sundays concert

I started a couple Let's Go Devils and Rangers Suck chants after Saturday's show was over. :evil:

I only looked at the menu once when I was there but it wasn't crazy expensive. Maybe a little more expensive than a TGIF's? Hopefully someone with a little better memory can help you out a little better.

That sounds about right.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 06 February 2009 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users