Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I finally caved in and bought a PS3 and a sick new TV to go with it. Be A Pro mode in NHL09 has quickly consumed my life.

I got bored of Be a Pro. I just created my best friends and did a franchise. In it's fourth year, the lines are now:

Joe Tkac-Dan McDonough-Chris Bieksha

Zach Parise-Paul Stastny-Martin Havlat

Patrik Elias-Travis Zajac-Brian Gionta

Fabian Brunnstrom-Peter Mueller-Nicolas Bergfors

Jon Lorenzini-Andrew Timoni

Dion Phaneuf-Jay Buomweester

Luke-Schenn-Matt Corrente

Rob Pollok

Marc Andre Fleury

My offense is a 96

Defense 94

Goaltending 95

haha

I have to go buy the deluxe version of the dmb album today. For 50$ I get the album, a bonus disc with four studio songs, a live concert from last year, a dvd of the making of the album, a booklet of photos of Le Roi before his passing, a song book of lyrics and a picture book of all of Dave's art. Pretty good deal.

I cant remember my full roster but my NHL 09 team looks something like this.....

Parise Zajac langenbrunner

Gaborik Grabovski Elias

Rolston Vasicek Clowe

Steen Rupp

Hiler

Lidstrom

Mottau

Sorry cant remember 1 fourth line winger and my other 3 defenseman.... LOL

. I just created my best friends and did a franchise.

Joe Tkac-Dan McDonough-Chris Bieksha

Zach Parise-Paul Stastny-Martin Havlat

Patrik Elias-Travis Zajac-Brian Gionta

Fabian Brunnstrom-Peter Mueller-Nicolas Bergfors

Jon Lorenzini-Andrew Timoni

Dion Phaneuf-Jay Buomweester

Luke-Schenn-Matt Corrente

Rob Pollok

Marc Andre Fleury

Where's jaime? :P lol

I cant remember my full roster but my NHL 09 team looks something like this.....

Parise Zajac langenbrunner

Gaborik Grabovski Elias

Rolston Vasicek Clowe

Steen Rupp

Hiler

Lidstrom

Mottau

Sorry cant remember 1 fourth line winger and my other 3 defenseman.... LOL

Where's jaime? :P lol

To tell you the truth I've maybe played the game once since her and I started dating? Haha... The problem I've had with creating her is that I'd feel like a douche having my girlfriend skate around looking like a muscular dude. hahaha

I blame your "friends" for not going to Six Flags with you .... actually good plan on their part. :whistling:

I fully agree with this statement.

I got bored of Be a Pro.

Just to change it up, I started a Dynasty where the Coyotes are in Vegas and are now called the Shockers. Let's see how this goes...

I will never do anything productive ever again.

To tell you the truth I've maybe played the game once since her and I started dating? Haha... The problem I've had with creating her is that I'd feel like a douche having my girlfriend skate around looking like a muscular dude. hahaha

thats true. haha. good point.

I finally caved in and bought a PS3 and a sick new TV to go with it. Be A Pro mode in NHL09 has quickly consumed my life.

Why no 360?

Speaking of 360, I cannot wait for Finals to end so my self-imposed 360 ban can go along with it. It has not been fun.

Question for the techie people on here:

I need to get some idea of how much bandwidth/data I use in order to get an internet plan here in Oz. I honestly have no clue, I have never had to think about it before.

To give you an idea of what I do.....both me and my bf have laptops, which are on the internet pretty much 4/5 week nights, then mos of saturday and sunday. We now have an xbox 360 so will be getting live for that, and will probably be doing online gaming. We watch the odd youtube video n stuff, but we also download a few 1-hour tv programs from the internet each week. I also do msn or skype video chats with my parents and brother (separately...my brother is in scotland, my parents in england) for a total of 2 ish hours/week.

Any idea how much usage that is likely to be? (oh the tv progs are p2p, so upload/download ratio must be maintained at at least 1)

What plans are available? I would say get the most you can get for what you are willing to pay but it's my understanding that basic internet service outside the US is much better. At least in Europe, maybe not so in Oz. Is something like 20Mbs unlimited available? Get something like that. That is triple the average US cable modem bandwidth.

Fallout 3 is flawed in a lot of ways but still a great game. I love open-world games. I preferred Oblivion, though.

I never got into oblivion... and believe me I tried....

though... Fallout 3.... the violence.... is.... soooooo.... delicious :evil: ... it makes up for anything else!!!

I never got into oblivion... and believe me I tried....

though... Fallout 3.... the violence.... is.... soooooo.... delicious :evil: ... it makes up for anything else!!!

Yeah, it's really a personal preference. When I play RPGs, I prefer magic based system to guns. But I still really enjoyed fallout and I'm glad all the DLC is coming to the PS3.

Also, there's going to be a second fallout 3 chapter coming out.

Yeah, it's really a personal preference. When I play RPGs, I prefer magic based system to guns. But I still really enjoyed fallout and I'm glad all the DLC is coming to the PS3.

Also, there's going to be a second fallout 3 chapter coming out.

Yeah I'm all about blowing creatures heads off in massive slow motion gore of bliss!!!! :dance:

Ohhhh... Sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait crasher, you have a ps3 right?

Yeah I do... Bill Gates has enough of my money :P

What an annoyance. Some people my age need to realize that high school is long gone.
Great, now I've got that "If You See Jordan" song stuck in my head... grrr...

Edited by Super 17

Someone that I had been friends with for years. There had been a falling out recently... she just unfriended me on Facebook.

Like holy crap my day is ruined.

I know the feeling... and I'm willing to bet I know the person... I hear ya man

sometimes there's nothing you can do

(I kinda been deleting someone from my life I never expected to do... but I think mine's a more positive move then yours is)

Great, now I've got that "If You See Jordan" song stuck in my head... grrr...

If you seeeeeeee Jordan

You make me sick, You make me sick

High school's over, high school's over

I don't care if you dye your hair you'll always be a little redhead bitch!

That's my favorite band right there. :wub:

I know the feeling... and I'm willing to bet I know the person... I hear ya man

sometimes there's nothing you can do

(I kinda been deleting someone from my life I never expected to do... but I think mine's a more positive move then yours is)

Scott you know exactly who I am talking about haha. She unfriended Jamie too. I'd say we aren't too upset about it.

This happened right after this person ran into a friend of mine last night and asked "how are Andrew and Jamie doing?" To which he replied "they are doing great."

I think there's a correlation here haha.

Unfortunately some people struggle with the whole growing up thing.