NFL Offseason Thread

ghdi

• 2 months later...

I just hope Tebow is used effectively and not asked to do anything above his capabilities. What I mean is basically 5-7 option type plays a game where he's got some intermediate routes to choose from...or just flat out run it. Tebow is a more powerful Brad Smith, nothing more. It helps that he can perhaps light a fire under sanchez, but at the end of the day Sanchez has to know that he's #1.

Also would like to get Cedric Benson. He really does fit, if we're going to be a smashmouth power offense then having Greene/Benson beat up on a D for 3 quarters and then they flat out won't be able to catch McKnight in the 4th.

I just hope Tebow is used effectively and not asked to do anything above his capabilities. What I mean is basically 5-7 option type plays a game where he's got some intermediate routes to choose from...or just flat out run it. Tebow is a more powerful Brad Smith, nothing more.

The running game wasn't a strength of the team last year, so he can't possibly hurt it. I like him for that role. If you told me the Jets would use him in that capacity for the entire year, I would gladly sign up right now. I just really hope they don't ever consider putting him as the starting QB if Sanchez struggles. I don't even want to think about that.

Tebow should be our 3rd stringer...if sanchez ever goes down or underperforms we simply cannot have a tight end with a wild popgun arm who sort of profiles as a running back (tim tebow....nfl frankenstein) as this teams regular starter. Honestly it wouldnt shock me if sanchez asks for a trade if he ever gets benched for #15.

Tebow should be our 3rd stringer...if sanchez ever goes down or underperforms we simply cannot have a tight end with a wild popgun arm who sort of profiles as a running back (tim tebow....nfl frankenstein) as this teams regular starter. Honestly it wouldnt shock me if sanchez asks for a trade if he ever gets benched for #15.

Tebow was not a football move, he was a business move ( like Farve). He will sell jersey's and maybe increase the failed PSL efforts.

The Jets are no longer a viable playoff team.

Tebow was not a football move, he was a business move ( like Farve). He will sell jersey's and maybe increase the failed PSL efforts.

The Jets are no longer a viable playoff team.

Tebow was both a football and business move. That's what makes it so perfect. He's a replacement for Brad Smith. Tebow is incredibly difficult to contain running the option

The Jets will be in the playoffs this year. The Baltimore Browns will not

Regardless of what the agenda was, as long as they use Tebow within his limits, I think he'll help the team. Just keep him away from throwing passes.

The Jets won't sniff the division title but I could see them grabbing a wild card spot.

Edited by nmigliore

Tebow was both a football and business move. That's what makes it so perfect. He's a replacement for Brad Smith. Tebow is incredibly difficult to contain running the option

The Jets will be in the playoffs this year. The Baltimore Browns will not

Oh yes, the hugely successful Brad Smith era, how could have forgotten that?

It's too bad Tebow doesn't have the speed, the hands or even the arm strength of Smith.

Tebow was a business move for the regular season at the expense of the playoffs.

Buffalo will finish ahead of the Jets this year. In two years Rex Ryan will come back to Baltimore as our Defensive Line coach.

The Jets made it to back to back championship games with Smith factoring in special teams and the wildcat, so your attempt at sarcasm comes off as pretty darn stupid. Tebow doesn't have Smith's speed, but he is a far more powerful runner and extremely difficult to tackle.

At the expense of the playoffs? more idiocy from the frontrunner...the Jets barely gave up anything for Tebow. If it works out fine, if it doesn't...no loss.

6-10 for the baltimore brownies

Edited by '7'

Jets made it back to back AFC title games because they had a very good OC who didn't overwhelm his young QB and a solid O-line. Brad Smith was never a factor and a forgettable player aside from special teams. In the words of Joe Namath: "Tebow is a PR stunt".

You have an overrated O-line with no depth, no receivers for Sanchez (again), your linebackers are old and slow, and a head coach that has lost the team. The Jests will be lucky to be third in their division.

The only thing the Jests gave up for Tebow is Sanchez.

Jets made it back to back AFC title games because they had a very good OC who didn't overwhelm his young QB and a solid O-line. Brad Smith was never a factor and a forgettable player aside from special teams. In the words of Joe Namath: "Tebow is a PR stunt".

You have an overrated O-line with no depth, no receivers for Sanchez (again), your linebackers are old and slow, and a head coach that has lost the team. The Jests will be lucky to be third in their division.

The only thing the Jests gave up for Tebow is Sanchez.

The fact that you think schotty was a good OC and that Smith had no impact shows that you watched nothing except your black tight ballerina baltimore teams in 09 and 10.

The Jets run defense will be top 5 in the league, and they will have the best secondary in the league. The offense will be average. Wide receivers don't just catch passes. We also have a good receiving TE in Keller...Kerley will be fine in the slot. Holmes will catch 60-70, and the rookie hills should contribute 40-50 and be a huge red zone threat.

The Jets offense will be average, and the defense will carry us to the playoffs.

this doesn't even make sense. Tebow will throw maybe 32 passes this season

Schott was a very good OC, who got a lot of mileage out of an offense that didn't have much going for it in terms of continutiy and frankly talent. Sanchez was a very inexperienced QB who was drafted and Hyped as the next Namath. Schott handled him brilliantly and got you to two AFC Championship games. Sanchez and Schott had to deal with a new set of WR's almost every season.

It's not a question of how many passes Tebow throws, you have destroyed Sanchez's development and confidence. With the Jets crappy O-Line Sanchez will be forcing the play which usually results in QB disaster. Sanchez has to fight every Sunday on two fronts (opposition defense and his own sideline).

The Jets D is overrated and can not pressure the QB, regardless of how good Revis is Tight Ends will eat your linebacker alive.

If you win more than 6 games this year I will be very surprised.

Schott was a very good OC, who got a lot of mileage out of an offense that didn't have much going for it in terms of continutiy and frankly talent. Sanchez was a very inexperienced QB who was drafted and Hyped as the next Namath. Schott handled him brilliantly and got you to two AFC Championship games. Sanchez and Schott had to deal with a new set of WR's almost every season.

It's not a question of how many passes Tebow throws, you have destroyed Sanchez's development and confidence. With the Jets crappy O-Line Sanchez will be forcing the play which usually results in QB disaster. Sanchez has to fight every Sunday on two fronts (opposition defense and his own sideline).

The Jets D is overrated and can not pressure the QB, regardless of how good Revis is Tight Ends will eat your linebacker alive.

If you win more than 6 games this year I will be very surprised.

If Schotty was so good, where were the teams lining up to get him this offseason to be their coach or OC? He basically fell to the Rams, which means he's got 1 foot out the door already when it comes to the NFL

Tight ends won't be doing much against us anymore considering we brought aboard 2 good safeties in yeremiah bell and laron landry to cover.

On the contrary, Sanchez came into camp in the best shape of his life, and has continuously outperformed Tebow in throwing drills. You'd like to believe this has destroyed his confidence, but that's the irrational Jet hater in you talking.

The Jets schedule isn't super hard.

Bills - W

Steelers - L

Fish - W

San Fran - L

Texans - W

Colts- W

Patriots - L

Fish - W

Seahawks - W

Rams - W

Patriots - L

Cardinals - W

Jaguars - W

Titans - L

Chargers - W

Bills - W

11-5, though I could be generous to the Texans and give them a win (though they never beat us. That'll still put us at 10-6. The Bills will be their usual overhyped August champion, the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals will be garbage and probably each lose at least 10. The Colts have Luck but no running game or defense. The fish are probably a 4-5 win team

Edited by '7'

If Schotty was so good, where were the teams lining up to get him this offseason to be their coach or OC? He basically fell to the Rams, which means he's got 1 foot out the door already when it comes to the NFL

Tight ends won't be doing much against us anymore considering we brought aboard 2 good safeties in yeremiah bell and laron landry to cover.

On the contrary, Sanchez came into camp in the best shape of his life, and has continuously outperformed Tebow in throwing drills. You'd like to believe this has destroyed his confidence, but that's the irrational Jet hater in you talking.

The Jets schedule isn't super hard.

Bills - W

Steelers - L

Fish - W

San Fran - L

Texans - W

Colts- W

Patriots - L

Fish - W

Seahawks - W

Rams - W

Patriots - L

Cardinals - W

Jaguars - W

Titans - L

Chargers - W

Bills - W

11-5, though I could be generous to the Texans and give them a win (though they never beat us. That'll still put us at 10-6. The Bills will be their usual overhyped August champion, the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals will be garbage and probably each lose at least 10. The Colts have Luck but no running game or defense. The fish are probably a 4-5 win team

I used to be a Jets Season ticket holder, so don't mistake objectivity for being a "hater".

Schott didn't get a HC job, because most GM's are looking more towards a former DC to tackle the HC job. OC's dont' typically make good HC's.

Dependent on the Opposition, your safties will shift priorites. Your Linebackers will be exposed.

I am not talking about Sanchez's physical ability, I am talking about his mental ability now that he will second guess himself more than he has to.

Again, I would be surprised if you won more than 6 games, I could see Buffalo beating you twice.

I was just perusing Rotoworld and apparently the Kolb/Skelton starting QB War rages on. This is a joke right? Either way Arizona's QB situation is bound to be poor, but Kolb is better than John freakin' Skelton, win-loss records of last year be damned. People talk up Skelton's size and arm strength but his accuracy is awful.

Edited by nmigliore