Will we get a veteran center? If so, who?

Quinn01

Lamoriello indicated he would investigate the possibility of making a trade for a veteran center.

"We'll certainly look to see what can be done, by all means, but right now the team is what it is," Lamoriello said.

"You're always trying to get better but you have to subtract in order to add a player. Henrique will get a chance right now."

NJ.com

So who will it be? Which veteran center will be coming to NJ and how will it be done?

Edited by Quinn01

That's a good question. We're without a true center for at least the next 1.5 months and our 2nd center for 3-4 months. We need a true center coming in and soon...not wingers playing center.

Also another thing to discuss along with this. Does this mean other teams KNOW Lou is at a disadvantage NEEDING a center and price may be too high?

Also another thing to discuss along with this. Does this mean other teams KNOW Lou is at a disadvantage NEEDING a center and price may be too high?

no, i would not say that. a veteran like Lou wont overpay anything and im sure the owners around the League know that they wont be able to just simply take advantage of him. All Lou basically said is that he will look around- not that we're desperate

My thoughts are that because Lou slipped in the whole "Subtract to add" thing leads me to believe that he will be looking to trade for a center. *Obviously*. For the sake of argument, how much money is there to toss out at a center without having to make a trade?

it's a quinn01 thread, apparently he doesn't realize that lou was quoted saying exactly what he always says.

No, I get that he always says the same thing, however Henrique will not be taking the work load of both Zajac and Josefson now, and neither will Zubrus. Everyone knows that something is going to happen and if you disagree your a dinkus.

No, I get that he always says the same thing, however Henrique will not be taking the work load of both Zajac and Josefson now, and neither will Zubrus. Everyone knows that something is going to happen and if you disagree your a dinkus.

oh okay, well you know everything. lou should ask you who we're going to get.

the problem with making a deal is that that guy doesn't magically disappear when zajac and josefson come back. plus lou's dealing from a position of weakness at a time in the season where teams typically aren't looking to make deals. that's not saying a deal won't happen, but i don't think if it does that it will happen right away.

Edited by Triumph

Sami Pahllson.

However, here's the problem.

What do you give up?

I'm not sold any move made now will be for the best. Let this season take its course, unless some trade comes along that makes perfect sense.

Sami Pahlsson is a great John Madden-like checking center, but he wouldn't make much sense on the second line.

I know some are speaking of Henrique as the replacement for Josefson, but Josefson was pretty defensively adept and I don't think Henru=iqe has that going for him.

why do I feel John Madden is on the way?

John Madden isn't exactly a 2nd line center. Idek if he's on the 3rd line whereever he's at now. I don't really want to see a trade...Play Zubrus on the 2nd line as a center with Kovy and NaPalm. Parise-Elias-Sykie. We can survive with that top 6 i think. If we lose another foward in our top 6, then i think it might be a time for a trade

John Madden isn't exactly a 2nd line center. Idek if he's on the 3rd line whereever he's at now. I don't really want to see a trade...Play Zubrus on the 2nd line as a center with Kovy and NaPalm. Parise-Elias-Sykie. We can survive with that top 6 i think. If we lose another foward in our top 6, then i think it might be a time for a trade

Right now Madden's nowhere. He was last seen trying out for the AHL's Chicago Wolves, but he didn't sign a contract.

EDIT: The Wild had him for $1 million last year. If he's willing to play here for that (or less), I see no harm in bringing him in.

Edited by RowdyFan42

do not want madden, he was bad 2 years ago, why is he going to be better? i think henrique can do a better job.

the differences between sykora and madden are

a: sykora won a spot on this team by playing well

b: madden is actually 3 years older than sykora

Edited by Triumph

Don't need madden to take a roster spot. henrique needs playing time to get him up to speed. what do you do with madden later? bring him into the 4th line circulation? sami pahlson? please another defensive center. maybe brian little from loosapeg, christiansen from rags (of course will never happen) we actually need someone that can keep up with kovy and help create offense.