21 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

The New Jersey Devils are back in the Stanley Cup Finals! And it is so fvcking sweet!

With that being said...how about for the weekend we just relax and enjoy this incredible win and run. So maybe for the weekend we avoid talking about...

- How this team blows leads...unless you want to talk about how much sweeter it is when they do win.
- Which Devils played poorly (For this weekend they were all incredible. Every. Single. One.
- Anything about LA and why we may or may not be screwed.
- Which posters need to be called out for not believing or being trolls in the past.

There is a lot of argument on this board. Some that make it great. Others that make it real frustrating. But for the next few days...let's just enjoy this team that we all cheer for.

Edited by devilsrule33, 26 May 2012 - 01:30 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

With the 3 day weekend, I say we extend that one more day.
I for one, am ordering my Devils Eastern Conference Pilsner Glasses from nhl.com.
It's the whiskey talking.

#3 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

CHEERS BOYS!!
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#4 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

I have love for my brothers and sisters in red! Go Devils! :koolaid: :cheers: :dance:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#5 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Will do my best 33. :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#6 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

If they had lost, my weekend would have been ruined as I would have been pissed and nervous as hell and my family would have suffered

Thanks to Henrique I can look forward to some great days with my Wife and kids at the beach.

I know, I take this sh!t too serious.

#7 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

Voice is shot from yelling. My house went nuts! I can't believe it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hey devilsrule33... we're trying to have a nice weekend here... why'd you bring all that stuff up?!?!@#

#9 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Here here.

#10 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Agreed...gonna go shopping for vinyl devils windows stickers for my back window on my truck.

Relax and enjoy!

#11 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

Agreed. One weekend to bask in the glory that is the Prince of Wales Trophy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

If you can't be happy...hell ECSTATIC about this team after the last few days and the results and the efforts of this TEAM and what they have done and can't sit back and enjoy this for the damn weekend and smile....then you have problems and the issues are your damn own!!! :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#13 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

i lov u man and we all bleed red and black here
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

Savor the moment boys.. Nothing is ever guaranteed in the future.. We are unbelievably lucky to love a franchise that wins so much but the future is always uncertain so be sure to wear Devils gear all weekend and soak in the amazingness of it all

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#15 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

Right on. Let's just enjoy this for a couple days. It really is an amazing feeling.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#16 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Savor the moment boys.. Nothing is ever guaranteed in the future.. We are unbelievably lucky to love a franchise that wins so much but the future is always uncertain so be sure to wear Devils gear all weekend and soak in the amazingness of it all

well -- luck has nothing to do with it for me. I saw hockey perfection after someone dragged me to a game in 1998. Nothing has changed in terms of how the organizations sees hockey no matter what people say. The day that changes is the day I am no longer a Devils fan. I've always been pretty honest about that. Winning is a by-product of true hockey. I'm here for the hockey.

I'm here for the party

#17 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

well -- luck has nothing to do with it for me. I saw hockey perfection after someone dragged me to a game in 1998. Nothing has changed in terms of how the organizations sees hockey no matter what people say. The day that changes is the day I am no longer a Devils fan. I've always been pretty honest about that. Winning is a by-product of true hockey. I'm here for the hockey.

Lou can't live forever and unfortunately we can't buy a championship every few years like you can in the MLB

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#18 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Lou can't live forever and unfortunately we can't buy a championship every few years like you can in the MLB

True -- but you have to hope the message is stronger than the man even. It's one of the most clear I've ever seen - I guess the mission statement. There is just s real respect for the game of hockey. As it stands there is no confusion about what that means.

I guess some real idiots could pull in after Lou leaves and think a winning record means something - but a lot of people here on this board understand. A lot do not, true enough.

c'est la vie

Hopefully I can love the Devils into my old age... really old age that is

I'm here for the party

#19 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'd like to extend that truce to our favourite beat writer at New York's finest newspaper. Before the series got underway, Mark (N)Đ„verson actually called it for the Devils in 6:

http://www.nypost.co...DVwQR0tfV6lS0JL
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#20 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Truce lifted. Fire away.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users