GDT: New Jersey @ Montreal 2/19/12

Mayday

Salvador did not finish the game while Volchenkov played the whole game despite being hit on his face. Again, this team was sloppy and made the game exciting by letting the Habs showed some life. The size of Zubrus line is a big weapon for us. Besides the goal, the Parise line is largely shut down by Habs. Elias , Brodeur, and Zubrus are outstanding tonite.

• Like 1

another great game from marty, considering our D, did he get 1st star or was that a random nbc postgame interview...

"I grew up watching him and got to meet him a few times through my dad, because he was the Expos photographer. For us, he was a part of our family. He was really a gentleman, a nice guy," Brodeur said. "My brother showed me a picture yesterday that (Carter) signed to me and my brother with a message wishing us good luck. I just remember him coming over and looking at pictures with my dad and talking to my dad. I didn't know much English when I was young, so it was a little hard to understand what was going on. But we knew who he was, so it was fun to be a part of that."

from devils.nhl.com

yeah good to hear about salvo, nobody needs to see that...foster much?

Edited by lazer

Hey so can we keep this Harrold Tao combination or do you guys think they just did well tonight because the Habs really aren't that dangerous this year? I mean it was amazing how much calmer I was this game without Foster being out there. Toronto would be a better challenge for the young duo IMO...the Canucks..eek who knows.

caption this pic

BRODEUR_672_021912.jpg

Salvadore: I gotta crap! sh!t! Hurry up! Shoot!

A great win :) Not happy about the amount of time in our zone in the third, but a great win. I LOVE to beat Montreal, it's like beating the Flyers :) And Marty was awesome, jeez he was freakin' acrobatic tonight LOL. We have been soooo lucky to have had him all these years, he's a like getting a present to watch when he's still on :) 3 months shy of 40?!?! I'm thinking 2nd round minimum this year :)

Edited by jim777

good job by our 5 Dmen, greene logged some big mins. harrold was solid. good stick work and quick with the puck. dont know how sustainable he'd be over a long hall. but he did his job on cole last night :cheers:

some clearing and breakour mistakes, but we kept them on the outside and marty was cool in net\

72 pts :boogie: