2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

I'm sure if he knows how to flip down in front of Lundqvist he'll do fine.

laugh.gif

oh and:

@lkorac10 RT @SportsnetSpec: Langenbrunner deal with #Blues pays $1.25 million with a very attainable $250,000 bonus. -- #stlblues

Edited by ben00rs

Fedotenko would've been a good signing for the bottom 6. Adequate replacement for Ponikarovsky. we couldn't have done 1 year 1.8 mil for him? instead we needed to go 2 years for barch and 3 years for the 36 year old salvador?

I understand the Pens are going to announce the signing of Semin in the next day or so.

1 year deal (to get a bigger payday after playing with Crosby).

This has been rumored for days now. Every day its "the next day or two". Not saying its not going to happen, but no one substantial has said a word about this except something in Russian media that isnt considered a very good source.

Apparently NHL Home Ice was actually talking about "an unconfirmed report in Russia" regarding Semin to the Pens today. Sadly the rumor has come full circle as the Russian report cites XM Radio. Mind blowing stuff... Here is the report translated from Sovietsports.ru: Russian forward Alexander Semin will sign an annual agreement with the "Pittsburgh Penguins". According to Sirius / XM radio, a 28-year-old striker has signed a contract with "Pittsburgh." The agreement will be calculated for one season. The deal is to be held today. Recall that in the last season, playing for "Washington", Semin scored 54 points (21 goals + 33 transfer).

Here's the Russian report

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/537277

Translates to: Semin signs one-year contract with "Pittsburgh"

Basically the rumor ate itself lol.

Edited by ghdi

Damn, I really wanted the Devils to offer Wolski something. He could have been very good here. And for only 600K? Wow, that's like nothing.

Krys Barch got more and 50K more than Cam!

I think Wolski could've been as good as a pickup for us as Poni was.

I read this on Wikipedia, "Wolski also failed to click with the Rangers, building a reputation as a player who "would rather not play in tough areas to score", so I wonder if that was a turnoff, but for 600K its worth the risk IMO.

It's starting to look like 2012-2013 might be a tank job

Krys Barch gonna put us over the top!!!

Why go after those UFAs when we can resign two guys who can barely play hockey?

Looks like Lou's Plan B involved him saying, "Wolski and Mueller want how much? Fvck that!"

Oh well, Mueller had concussion issues and no one wants to sign players who've had a past history of concussions.

Edited by CarpathianForest

We get it carp. You don't like Lou's moves so far. Please just shut the fvck up. Every fcking thread man, come on. You're an awesome addition to the boards, but you beat that horse half to sh!t like a week ago.

Calm down, Beastmaster! I've made like 3 comments in the past 2 days.

Damn, Mueller too? I know I just said I wanted Wolski, but he's about 4th on the list of UFA forwards I wanted the Devils to take a chance on. Mueller's something else though, he could still really turn out to produce a lot in the future. Aside from Semin, there isn't another UFA I wanted the Devils to sign more than Mueller. Oh well, let's hope that something pans out. I'm not sure what to think of Huselius, but at this point, it's worth the risk, in my opinion.

Getting kind of nervous for this season now. The Devils' options are running out, it seems. I'm starting to think they're either moving Bernier up to another line, or else placing a lot of hope in Tedenby, which is kind of scary. At least we can almost count on a trade.

I hope one day Lou learns how to put a team together as well as a bunch of people of this board can. :rolleyes:

Maybe he didn't sign Mueller or Wolski was because he didn't want them?? Or maybe they didn't want to come here?

I agree with that !

selanne: 'i still enjoy the game...42 sounds old but mentally i feel the same age as getzlaf and those other guys.'

well thats probably cause Getzlaf is fvcking slow and lazy lol

edit: also cause Getzlaf already have a bald spot

Edited by SterioDesign

I honestly think we're not signing anyone and Lou is just gonna make a trade involving Greene or Tallinder for someone like Sam Gagner.

Why do we need another center?

Tallinder for Hemsky on the other hand seems like a much better solution. Again, the Devils need the RW depth and if they do get Hemsky they would have to hope he can stay healthy. Although his health problems aren't nearly as big of an issue as Mueller.

Three possible line combos: (Since without Poni the third line has opened up a hodgepodge of possibilities.)

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky

Elias-Henrique-Zubrus

Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson

CBGB

Or perhaps:

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky

Elias-Henrique-Zubrus

UFA-Josefson-Clarkson

CBGB

Maybe even:

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky

Elias-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Josefson-Clarkson

CBGB

Edited by TheMazz

Pretty sure Gagner can also play right wing, but I agree Hemsky would probably be a better solution, forgot about him.

Not only that but Zajac could easily bounce after next season. I think Lou should make him his best offer as soon as possible. If he doesn't want to sign, trade him. We can't afford to keep losing top talent to free agency for nothing.

Zajac + Greene + Urbom enough for Evander Kane?

I don't think Winnipeg is willing to move Kane, pretty sure they're looking at him to be the future of their franchise, though I would love to him in a Devils uni.

could be rumours but i heard he was unhappy there and wanted out... but yeah... could be a rumour