2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

More UFAs signing before July 1st. No big names though

#MNWild has re-signed Stephane Veilleux to a one-year, two-way deal, sources say. Avoids free agency.

Brad Stuart re-signed with San Jose, 3 years, no financials.

And it looks like Matt Carle is staying in Philly, but it wont be announced til July 1st.

Matt Carle not going anywhere. Will likely finish deal in days and be announced on July 1. Holmgren wants him, Carle wants to stay. #Flyers

Anyone know anything about this Justin Schultz guy that apparently wanted out of Anaheim and is now becoming UFA. All I know is what I read online about him and like always they probably over hyped him a little, saying he could be a top 4 guy very quickly. Just wondering if anyone had any info on the guy?

Anyone know anything about this Justin Schultz guy that apparently wanted out of Anaheim and is now becoming UFA. All I know is what I read online about him and like always they probably over hyped him a little, saying he could be a top 4 guy very quickly. Just wondering if anyone had any info on the guy?

The information online is pretty in depth. From what Ive seen of him, I'd agree with the hype. He's legit and had he entered the draft this year, would likely have been the first defenseman taken.

His situation is the same as Blake Wheeler a few years ago.

I'd love to add Schultz but I seriously doubt it will happen. The Devils blue line is already full for next year and to top it off they have guys like Gelinas and Urbom waiting in the AHL. Schultz is going to want to go somewhere where he will have an opportunity to play decent minutes and prove himself.

No way we land Schultz. He'll follow the money, which won't be here.

i felt the same way but was corrected by triumph to a degree. he can only get an ELC with all the bonuses. Just about every team will offer that so he'd be smart to go somewhere he's essentially guaranteed playing time. You are correct that after how Lou handled Larsson, its clear that Schultz would get an ELC w/ no bonuses here and that's a no go for him.

i felt the same way but was corrected by triumph to a degree. he can only get an ELC with all the bonuses. Just about every team will offer that so he'd be smart to go somewhere he's essentially guaranteed playing time. You are correct that after how Lou handled Larsson, its clear that Schultz would get an ELC w/ no bonuses here and that's a no go for him.

Yeah, whoever gives him the most bonus money is where he'll go. I also heard he wants to play with Wisconsin guys, so I wouldn't be shocked to see the jerk-offs across the river sign him.

Yeah, whoever gives him the most bonus money is where he'll go. I also heard he wants to play with Wisconsin guys, so I wouldn't be shocked to see the jerk-offs across the river sign him.

Yea, Ive heard the same. The Rags want to use Stepan and co. as a selling point.

Idk where to put this, but....

If Parise leaves Id love to make a pitch at Bobby Ryan

To NJ- Ryan

To Ana- Merrill (great prospect), Tedenby (decent prospect), Greene (top 4 dman)

Would you do it? Would Anaheim?

I could see this crippling our defense.