2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

Geez, if that's what Columbus ends up getting, epic fail on Howson's part.

Especially if they're trading him one day before FA, the price would only go up over the summer after teams miss out on Zach and guys like Doan, Whitney, Parentau, etc...that'd be dumber than passing on the Isles' whole draft.

It could be that egotistical clown Schultz signing there too, though I kinda think he goes to Vancouver or one of the other Canadien teams.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Portzline tweeting Nash trade talk heating up. Buccigross also tweeted some "big NHL news" could come down today, and asked Ranger fans to stand by. Nash for Dubinsky and Anisimov. Watch. Because these fvcks always fleece people and Howson is the biggest moron this side of Matt Millen.

That would be a horrendously dumb trade for the Rangers. I hope that's what's involved.

That would be a horrendously dumb trade for the Rangers. I hope that's what's involved.

How you figure? Dubinksy is a 3rd liner with I believe a 4 mil cap hit or something along those lines, and Anisimov is an average forward. I think it would be horrendously dumb to include a Kreider or a McDonoagh. That's what I'm hoping for, but I'm sure they'll find a way to keep both those guys.

This contrarian streak of yours is wearing thin. Dubinsky is a four million dollar borderline third liner. Anisimov might develop into a decent second line forward. Nash is still young, and his offensive game has been h.ampered by playing on a crap team. Cap space is not an issue for the Rangers, and it's actually not even at bad because 4 million is going to Columbus.

The only way this would be a bad deal is if it took them out of the bidding for Suter if they were even in it.

Dubinsky and Anisimov are two of the only play drivers the Rangers have. Dubinsky is not a 'glorified 3rd liner', he's a 20 goal man who can play in all situations at all forward positions and who drives play - basically a better Dainius Zubrus. These types of players are not easy to find. Anisimov is a solid 3rd line center at a cheap price and cost-controlled for 3 more years, again, not easy to find. Nash is horrendously overpaid and on the downside of his career - I wouldn't acquire him for nothing at that price. For the Rangers to toss away two valuable players for him? That'd be great.

Edited by Triumph

Dubinsky and Anisimov are two of the only play drivers the Rangers have. Dubinsky is not a 'glorified 3rd liner', he's a 20 goal man who can play in all situations at all forward positions and who drives play - basically a better Dainius Zubrus. These types of players are not easy to find. Anisimov is a solid 3rd line center at a cheap price and cost-controlled for 3 more years, again, not easy to find. Nash is horrendously overpaid and on the downside of his career - I wouldn't acquire him for nothing at that price. For the Rangers to toss away two valuable players for him? That'd be great.

It was especially easy to tell in the playoffs. When Dubi came back, Games 5 and 6, the Rangers weren't pushed around possession wise the same way they were throughout the series. They pinned us back at times. Still, I would like to see one of their young Dmen tossed in, in place of Anisimov.

Starting to worry about finances now. They save a couple of bucks spacing out this contract now? Sure, it is good hockey news with one less goon.

We're not even at the floor. We have to spend more money.

The Boulton buyout seems to me a hockey move. We waived him this past season as well. Its obvious Lou has a team cap, but Im not worried about our ability to sign guys nor do I think the Boulton move shows any sign of being in financial straits.

And no to Armstrong.

Edited by ghdi

with Boulton's buyout and all the recent signing we have about 25.2m in cap and need to resign 2 forwards (Parise, Sykora or Poni), Fayne and 2 goalies. (Marty + Hedberg?)

i dont know what the budget will be but at least we're sure to have an NHL team on the ice next season, with or without Zach we're still competitive

Edited by SterioDesign

Rangers and Leafs out of the Schultz sweepstakes. Leaves Edmonton, Vancouver, Minny and Ottawa as the reaming teams. Oilers went all out with their presentation, and think he'd fit in nicely on their young team.

Kypreos just tweeted that Vancouver is out. There is a mystery team involved as well.

Edmonton - Minnesota - Ottawa - Mystery team is what's left. My guess is Detroit.

And now Mark Spector just tweeted its down to Edmonton or Ottawa.

Reports now Oilers and Senators are final two teams.

— Mark Spector (@SportsnetSpec)

June 30, 2012
Edited by ghdi

Not a rumor but a wacky prediction. Either moose or Clemmensen ends up in Philly. I just have a feeling.

That's not exactly outlandish. They need a real backup with Bobrovsky gone and Mr. Universe there. There aren't many real backups on the market, there aren't many real goalies on the market period. When any list of the top five goalies in FA has Jonas Gustavsson and Chris Mason on it, that's pretty sad.

Edited by NJDevs4978