Why don't Devils get more national attention?

Legion15

Devils fans upset no national coverage

While basically every other NHL playoff series has games sprinkled throughout NBC, NBC Sports Network (formerly VERSUS), and even CNBC, the Devils-Panthers series is mostly on NHL Network, a channel not everyone gets at home. Games 1, 3, 4 and 5 are on NHL Network, and only Game 2 is on NBC Sports Network. The final two games, if necessary, are TBD.

it is a total crock of sh!t but we should be used to getting slapped in the face by the NHL. We're always going to be second class no matter who we have or how many cups we win...

They should at least let MSG cover it instead of holding it on a subscription channel most either don't get or have to pay extra for. For most of them this would be the only real reason to pay for that channel if they don't really care about out of market games. I can see why these fans feel disenfranchised. We're used to getting a raw deal but it kills our chances of drawing in casual fans when our exposure is so limited.

They should at least let MSG cover it instead of holding it on a subscription channel most either don't get or have to pay extra for. For most of them this would be the only real reason to pay for that channel if they don't really care about out of market games. I can see why these fans feel disenfranchised. We're used to getting a raw deal but it kills our chances of drawing in casual fans when our exposure is so limited.

Isn't MSG doing at least the local coverage for round 1? Does anyone even know what is going on with this?

Isn't MSG doing at least the local coverage for round 1? Does anyone even know what is going on with this?

http://www.msg.com/videos/devils-playoffs-coverage-this-week-on-msg.html

This makes me think it's on MSG+ and the NHL Network is just showing the local feed cause that is what I thought they always do, for example, the sharks-kings game on Saturday night on NHL Network was the Sharks feed.

Edited by Satans Hockey

well that's good, at least since I just got Xfinity in Feb, NHL Network is free for the first year, i think. But if that wasn't the case, I'd still be able to watch it on MSG+

not too fond of NHL Net announcers though, they always seem less than enthusiastic when we score, even when we're home.

This makes me think it's on MSG+ and the NHL Network is just showing the local feed cause that is what they always do, for example, the sharks-kings game on Saturday night on NHL Network was the Sharks feed.

Ok cool thanks. So that means for at least round 1 I should get every game if I only have MSG, MSG+, CNBC and regular NBC but do not have NBC Sports (former Versus) and NHL Network, correct?

Ok cool thanks. So that means for at least round 1 I should get every game if I only have MSG, MSG+, CNBC and regular NBC but do not have NBC Sports (former Versus) and NHL Network, correct?

I would assume so, I looked around on MSGs website to try to confirm this but there isn't anything I could find other then that link. The tv guide on my cable box isn't updated yet but that should change soon enough as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey

From what I understand, MSG+ has complete round 1 coverage of the Devs.

They've been airing this:

Yeah, the only people this affects are out of state Devils fans that don't get MSG and may need to subscribe to one or more of those channels for the playoffs. Every single first round game is either on NBC, NBCN, CNBC or the MSG Channels for me.

Edited by NJDevs4978

IMO, this is the least interesting matchup in the playoffs.

I don't feel that way. Why is the Rangers-Ott series more interesting? The Rangers style of play this season? The rivalry? Old Coach/Player storyline?

Probably just because of the NY in front.

People hate NJ.

It's as simple as that.

To those of you that are from New Jersey, have you ever gone somewhere and actually said you were from NJ?

People look at you like you're a piece of crap and compare you to the show Jersey Shore. We're known as the 'worst place' in America.

It's not a coincidence our football team isn't called the New Jersey Giants.

I don't feel that way. Why is the Rangers-Ott series more interesting? The Rangers style of play this season? The rivalry? Old Coach/Player storyline?

Probably just because of the NY in front.

Their matchup is higher quality because of how poor a team

Florida is. Karlsson is also a player you can build big hype around, a player people want to see who they may not have really seen before.

People hate NJ.

It's as simple as that.

To those of you that are from New Jersey, have you ever gone somewhere and actually said you were from NJ?

People look at you like you're a piece of crap and compare you to the show Jersey Shore. We're known as the 'worst place' in America.

It's not a coincidence our football team isn't called the New Jersey Giants.

When I go out of state, I proudly tell people I'm from New Jersey. And if they give me a look, I tell them to go fvck themselves, because I'm from New Jersey.

• Like 2

Why would anyone expect other people to care whether or not NJ is in a series in the first place? Do we care who Phoenix is playing??? And PS: I never encounter probles with telling people I'm from NJ. They always seem interested. They're blown away when I tell them about the wine country and ski resorts and the fantastic beaches. Maybe because I'm older.