Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

SterioDesign

Listen you little snot nosed college kid with a fvcking big mouth I don't care what you think ass hole. You'll never understand because you can't comprehend. Now get off my ass sh!t head. 

You sound like a teenaged girl. WAHH, I'm so misunderstood. Maybe if you weren't trying to sh!t on the team NON-STOP, everyone else wouldn't be on your case, but you insist on making posts you know no one will agree with, despite all logic and reason. Then you complain about the result.

Lol to put things bluntly, we signed a couple of newfies, traded for a goalie who has yet to play a full season and our most talented player walked out. Ouch. Not complaining, just funny when you look at it that way. Im not expecting much out of this team, just show a goddamn pulse.

GREAT BIG SEA!!!

NewfoundLAND!  WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Heh. "ass sh!t head". Heh.

You can laugh, but you are his puppy, dude. :evil:

Lamoriello: "I will be shocked if there’s not a young defenseman, at least one, in the lineup (next season). But I’ve been shocked before"

this is an interesting quote if you look into it and look too much into it

we have 7 NHL dmen signed... so considering he doesnt have a move in his mind to move one of the older D or run a 8dmen team again...  how could there's be more than 1? cause he said "at least one"

Lamoriello: "I will be shocked if there’s not a young defenseman, at least one, in the lineup (next season). But I’ve been shocked before"

this is an interesting quote if you look into it and look too much into it

we have 7 NHL dmen signed... so considering he doesnt have a move in his mind to move one of the older D or run a 8dmen team again...  how could there's be more than 1? cause he said "at least one"

My guess would be he's expecting a player to play his way on to the team, possibly outplaying Harrold or Fayne. Salvador is 'untouchable' and no one will take Volch. Harrold seems fine in the 7th d-man role. My thought is if someone impresses, Fayne is on the block. If Larsson can or cannot show he can take on bigger minutes could also play into it.

I'm not on your ass sh!t. It's a message boards. You post stupid things, I tell you they're stupid. I'm no more a bully than you are an astronaut, I'm just one of the few people remaining on the forums that doesn't have you on ignore. You troll your way through this forum, and I decided "ah why the hell not let's throw him a bone". You're getting what you came for; a reaction.

Heh. "ass sh!t head". Heh.

OK my puppy whatever you say.

You sound like a teenaged girl. WAHH, I'm so misunderstood. Maybe if you weren't trying to sh!t on the team NON-STOP, everyone else wouldn't be on your case, but you insist on making posts you know no one will agree with, despite all logic and reason. Then you complain about the result.

Am I in your head? Do you have a problem reading? If you read all my post you would find that I am not NON-STOP sh!ting on the Devils. So you can follow me around as you have lately and be my ass wipe

My guess would be he's expecting a player to play his way on to the team, possibly outplaying Harrold or Fayne. Salvador is 'untouchable' and no one will take Volch. Harrold seems fine in the 7th d-man role. My thought is if someone impresses, Fayne is on the block. If Larsson can or cannot show he can take on bigger minutes could also play into it.

that would be a very bad move unless we can get something decent for Fayne. He's young and could potentially be a solid top 4 dmen for us for awhile. If a kid impress and need room, its obvious that A-train should go he's the most useless for what he's paid. He clearly should have been bought out. Not doing it was a bad move IMO. We can't trade him at this point. I dont feel like losing assets to make room just cause you cant move the older guy who should really go

that would be a very bad move unless we can get something decent for Fayne. He's young and could potentially be a solid top 4 dmen for us for awhile. If a kid impress and need room, its obvious that A-train should go he's the most useless for what he's paid. He clearly should have been bought out. Not doing it was a bad move IMO. We can't trade him at this point. I dont feel like losing assets to make room just cause you cant move the older guy who should really go

I like Fayne, I just think that he'd be the odd man out if it came down to it. One of Urbom, Severson or Merrill should be a top 4 guy eventually.

I think A-Train brings enough that while he isn't worth his salary, he's still worth more than being dumped for free. For the time being, he's the only rough, hard hitting type of defenseman that we have. Sal can't really get his nose as dirty anymore with the concussion scares.

I guess the Santini pick makes a little more sense when you factor in that he's supposed to be a defenseman that uses his body.

I like Fayne, I just think that he'd be the odd man out if it came down to it. One of Urbom, Severson or Merrill should be a top 4 guy eventually.

I think A-Train brings enough that while he isn't worth his salary, he's still worth more than being dumped for free. For the time being, he's the only rough, hard hitting type of defenseman that we have. Sal can't really get his nose as dirty anymore with the concussion scares.

I guess the Santini pick makes a little more sense when you factor in that he's supposed to be a defenseman that uses his body.

yeah... but just wait a few year and compare Dauphin and Santini... im very scare of the results. Hopefully our 3rd round puck will pan out that would soften the blow if there's indeed a blow

yeah... but just wait a few year and compare Dauphin and Santini... im very scare of the results. Hopefully our 3rd round puck will pan out that would soften the blow if there's indeed a blow

True. If Santini turns into a pre-concussion Salvador, it would be a nice piece of the defense for a long time. But if Dauphin becomes a big point getter, it would be unfortunate.

I initially had a similar reaction to you, SterioDesign. I thought Dauphin would have been the perfect second round pick, especially when I saw that we would not be getting a forward in the first round. Dauphin does seem like he could have been a mid first rounder in a weaker draft class. However, I've grown to like the pick a lot. Santini seems like a really hard working guy, who has already proven to be an extremely important player during his time with the US team. He seems like the type of player that forwards hate playing against, but he definitely could use some development of his offensive game. I've heard reports that Dauphin was really important to his team as well, but it's hard to tell whether he'll turn out to be as big of a points guy as some project. But don't get me wrong, I think he would have been a great guy to have in our system.

Another thing that is encouraging is that both Myles Bell and Ryan Kujawinski seem like they could turn into very solid NHL players. Both picks seem boom-or-bust, but Kujawinski supposedly has a lot of talent that needs to be developed. Bell is looking like a potential late bloomer.

The real question is whether Santini + Kujawinski is better than Dauphin, and I'm really not sure.

I kind of get the feeling that the Devils defense will be home grown for years to come (Larsson, Merrill, Severson, Gelinas, Urbom, Fayne, Scarlett - there's a list of 7 young dmen that are or almost definitely will be solid NHL players, not to mention Santini who will likely be part of that group). Offense will probably have to be addressed mostly through free agency and trades. And of course, goaltending is hopefully worked out if Schneider is here long term. I'm not too worried about the team moving forward...unless players hate coming to/staying in New Jersey, which is looking like the case based on the last couple offseasons. 

my only worry and point is that, at equal "value" in today's NHL im picking a scoring forward any day over a dman.

its gonna sound too black and white and simplistic. But you absolutely need goals to win a game. You can have the best defence in the world and not giving up a goal during a game, if you don't score. You'll eventually get in shootouts and if you don't have guys who can put it in you're fvcked. Of course you can get goals randomly from anyone at any given time. But scoring goals on a regular basis is a skill that not all guys have. And even a good defence will get scored on plays they did everything right but the puck still went in for a reason or another. And the only way to correct that is by scoring more goals.

i guess thats my whole point, not giving up goals is obviously good. But to be able to score when you need a goal is what makes winning teams. Chicago won this year because of that, if anyone watched  them play a lot this season they'd know, it was frustrating cause even though they were down a goal late in the 3rd, you just know they'd put one in and come back.

I kind of get the feeling that the Devils defense will be home grown for years to come (Larsson, Merrill, Severson, Gelinas, Urbom, Fayne, Scarlett - there's a list of 7 young dmen that are or almost definitely will be solid NHL players, not to mention Santini who will likely be part of that group). Offense will probably have to be addressed mostly through free agency and trades. And of course, goaltending is hopefully worked out if Schneider is here long term. I'm not too worried about the team moving forward...unless players hate coming to/staying in New Jersey, which is looking like the case based on the last couple offseasons. 

Not only homegrown, but possible valuable trade bait.  I think we will see guys who might see good time on the NHL roster and then seen traded off.  I can see that happen to Urbom or Gelinas at least.  Then Burlon too is another

my only worry and point is that, at equal "value" in today's NHL im picking a scoring forward any day over a dman.

its gonna sound too black and white and simplistic. But you absolutely need goals to win a game. You can have the best defence in the world and not giving up a goal during a game, if you don't score. You'll eventually get in shootouts and if you don't have guys who can put it in you're fvcked. Of course you can get goals randomly from anyone at any given time. But scoring goals on a regular basis is a skill that not all guys have. And even a good defence will get scored on plays they did everything right but the puck still went in for a reason or another. And the only way to correct that is by scoring more goals.

i guess thats my whole point, not giving up goals is obviously good. But to be able to score when you need a goal is what makes winning teams. Chicago won this year because of that, if anyone watched  them play a lot this season they'd know, it was frustrating cause even though they were down a goal late in the 3rd, you just know they'd put one in and come back.

Love the new avatar, that's great, haha

True. If Santini turns into a pre-concussion Salvador, it would be a nice piece of the defense for a long time. But if Dauphin becomes a big point getter, it would be unfortunate.

NONONONONONONO  Sal was exactly like this pre-concussion.    He was only good POST-concussion playoffs.  ONLY EVER THEN!!!!!  Not EVER was he really reliably GOOD before those stupid playoffs.  In fact he'd choke worst come playoff pre-concussion.

how quickly they forget. :argh: