GDT - Devils at NY Rangers 7 PM; Game 3

NJDevs4978

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What goes around comes around buddy, now it's our time for some luck, we've EARNED it.

Game 3 the tables have turned in the Devils favor. It was about time since it was on the NYR side the whole season and the first two games of this series. It is now the Devils turn and time.

I gotta comment on Avery's shinanegans last night. However juvenille they were, it was obviously effective. Why did we let this guy stand right in front of Marty? I can bet any amount of money if Scotty, Holik or Peluso was still on this team, Avery would have been knocked on his butt for that. We need our enforcers to protect Marty from things like this from happening. Which leads me to my next question.

Who is our enforcer? Years past, no skater in the NHL would dare to skate right into our zone as they could expect a wack from Stevens or Holik. I really haven't seen anybody step up and start tossing bodies around until only recently. That will be the key to the rest of this series I feel. We gotta start shoving back, harder than the rags do and keep attacking the puck to create opportunities for some one like Elias or Parise to score.

Hey, maybe I am not making any valid points or don't know what the heck I'm talking about. All I know is I still have visions of Lindros getting slammed to the ice by Stevens and would love to see a blue shirt get pulverised in the same manner. Maybe then Avery will think twice about poking someone int the face with his stick or waving his hands in the air in front of Marty.

I gotta comment on Avery's shinanegans last night. However juvenille they were, it was obviously effective. Why did we let this guy stand right in front of Marty? I can bet any amount of money if Scotty, Holik or Peluso was still on this team, Avery would have been knocked on his butt for that. We need our enforcers to protect Marty from things like this from happening. Which leads me to my next question.

Who is our enforcer? Years past, no skater in the NHL would dare to skate right into our zone as they could expect a wack from Stevens or Holik. I really haven't seen anybody step up and start tossing bodies around until only recently. That will be the key to the rest of this series I feel. We gotta start shoving back, harder than the rags do and keep attacking the puck to create opportunities for some one like Elias or Parise to score.

Hey, maybe I am not making any valid points or don't know what the heck I'm talking about. All I know is I still have visions of Lindros getting slammed to the ice by Stevens and would love to see a blue shirt get pulverised in the same manner. Maybe then Avery will think twice about poking someone int the face with his stick or waving his hands in the air in front of Marty.

First, it was a 5-3 so the 3 defenders were preoccupied with the puck since avery was not interested in the puck and only tormenting Brodeur no one could really deal with him without leaving some area in triangle in front of the net exposed. Second, I think there's been lots of hitting and retribution going back and forth. You can't give someone like Avery too much attention cause thats all he wants you protect Marty obviously but other than that hit him and ignore him. The best revenge is on the scoreboard.