Official GDT: NYR @ NJ Game 2

hattrick

Janssen is slowly becoming one of my favorite players. If he can just learn a little more composure, which I think he will with Lou there, I think he's a much bigger asset and Koz.

He's constantly drawing penalties and getting under the opposing players' skin. Kinda reminds me of Lemiuex a little.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The penalty he took was in response to a crosscheck Hollweg put on Martin when he was on the ice (that went uncalled). Good penalty, just not in the playoffs unless he takes Hollweg with him. Learning experience, I guess.

-Dan

Except Lemieux would have at least 1 point in his NHL career at this point. :P

He's no Lemieux but he knows his role.

Let the kid play. He brings so much more to this team then Koz.

But I do expect Koz to find his way into the lineup to keep him game ready if needed :rolleyes:

granted he has to show up. I wish he could live up to his full potential and produce like he can.

Devils are up two games to none. They've outscored the Rangers by whopping 10-2 margin. Yet the complaints and criticisms floweth like wine...

Last time I checked, the Devils are playing a team that accumulated 100 points during the regular season. A team that does have some talented players other than Jagr. A team that we knew was going to come in desperate after having lost six straight games. Did some of you think the Rangers were just going to roll over and let the Devils spank them?

The Devils aren't going to be a perfect team every single night. No team is. But is it too much to ask to simply appreciate the fact that they won this one by a decisive margin, in spite of the fact that they...GASP!...might have made some mistakes here and there? There isn't a single fan on this board who wouldn't have signed up for a 2-0 series edge heading over to the Garden.

Just enjoy it!

I could not disagree more. From where I've sat all year in Section 105, this was easily the worst game the Devils have played in the last three weeks. They were sloppy with the puck, refused to dump and chase (especially on the PP when the Rangers stood four guys across the blue line to prevent Elias, Gomez, and Gionta from skating the puck into the zone), made too many long passes and cross-ice passes that led to too many TOs at the blue line for my liking. Classic Devils hockey is played along the boards and in the corners, with short passes and the forwards coming back to the puck -- not home run passes and ill-advised rushes that leave the D outnumbered and the Fs our of position. I expect much better next time.

What are your seats in 105?

Devils are up two games to none. They've outscored the Rangers by whopping 10-2 margin. Yet the complaints and criticisms floweth like wine...

Last time I checked, the Devils are playing a team that accumulated 100 points during the regular season. A team that does have some talented players other than Jagr. A team that we knew was going to come in desperate after having lost six straight games. Did some of you think the Rangers were just going to roll over and let the Devils spank them?

The Devils aren't going to be a perfect team every single night. No team is. But is it too much to ask to simply appreciate the fact that they won this one by a decisive margin, in spite of the fact that they...GASP!...might have made some mistakes here and there? There isn't a single fan on this board who wouldn't have signed up for a 2-0 series edge heading over to the Garden.

Just enjoy it!

Always strive for perfection.

I'm happy with the wins. :clap:

Janssen stays....period! The best part of the game last night was when Hollweg was heading to the penalty box and they show Janssen shaking his head and mouthing "you wanna play that game then we'll play that kind of game." over and over....starting to stand up and then Lou had to calm him down...that is great for the Devils' bench, it's great that they finally have a player who can stand up for our speedy and smaller fowards on the ice!!! GO JANSSEN!!!!

Just enjoy it!

I think we've gotten used to the 'Pat Burns Philosophy'. I remember if the team played well and lost, he would simply call it just that or a few bounces went their way but would give credit to the team for trying and making a concerted effort. If they faltered and won, super drills would follow and he would be visibly upset.

Here is to irony, "The pursuit to perfection yields no productivity."