Someone Made A Dubstep Version of Our Goal Horn

TheMazz

Well sort of.

While it isn't technically a dubstep version of the NJD goal-horn it IS a dubstep version of "Rock and Roll part II". Close enough in my opinion.

Regardless. I lol'd. Now, I'm not too sure how this is going to be received on here - I hate that type of "music" personally but thought it was so interestingly done yet so out of place. I had to just share it. Imagine trying to fit HEY YOU SUCK in there? Next to impossible. I imagine Zubrus would have this on his iPod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMKUl_JO9U

Well sort of.

While it isn't technically a dubstep version of the NJD goal-horn it IS a dubstep version of "Rock and Roll part II". Close enough in my opinion.

Regardless. I lol'd. Now, I'm not too sure how this is going to be received on here - I hate that type of "music" personally but thought it was so interestingly done yet so out of place. I had to just share it. Imagine trying to fit HEY YOU SUCK in there? Next to impossible. I imagine Zubrus would have this on his iPod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMKUl_JO9U

aaaaaaand I think we can officially say that dubstep has jumped the shark now, right?

Please?

I am a huge dubstep fan, as well as a lot of other genres of electronic music. In my travels, I have found that good dubstep can be really, ridiculously good, but also the opposite, bad dubstep can be really, really bad. Unfortunately this is an example of the latter.

EDIT: Chimaira is 100% right, especially this song, saying that a lot of it is "noise for the sake of noise".

Edited by Crisis

If you're on the fence about liking dub and you're using this song as your decision factor, don't. Try turbulence by laid back luke and rock n roll by skrillex

Not to be a snob, but dubstep, by definition, doesn't use that four-to-the-floor kick drum on every quater note sound. That's more like electro or house music. And good songs at that.

Bassnectar - Bass Head

Now that is a tune for the borderline people.

dubstep makes me want to shove pins in my ears to avoid the pain of hearing dubstep... its one of those things i'll never understand about "music"

i'm a musician, and i feel like Dubstep just craps all over music

Not to be a snob, but dubstep, by definition, doesn't use that four-to-the-floor kick drum on every quater note sound. That's more like electro or house music. And good songs at that.

Bassnectar - Bass Head

Now that is a tune for the borderline people.

I don't know man I tried the two songs Martyisthebest posted and the one you posted and to me they all sound like people farting while in a busy factory.

I love dubstep but its a genre of music that has grown and changed so rapidly over the past half decade that its not really fair to judge it by a lot of the newer stuff out there today which is what Americans have been exposed to. I like the old and new stuff equally but it would be like trying to compare alt rock in the 90's to alt rock in 00's. There awesome in their own ways. If you want some older dubstep then I highly recommend checking out Skream's debut album from 2006 called Skream!

2 of my favorites off of that are:

Midnight Request Line

Dutch Flowerz

Its definitely not for everyone but as a musician who splits time equally between writing alt rock songs and electronic music (minimalism/dubstep/triphop) I really enjoy it.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Fixed it for you. ;)

Hey, hey hey!! I just come from here!!!

We also gave the world Kate Moss....... Ok so 0 for 2........ i will find something we have done for the world that people actually like!!

There are very few songs i actually like, the majority i have picked up and decided i liked when i have been smashed in a club.

I really do like Doctor P though.

this is cool too

Haha amazing, i always take the piss out of my mate that you can basically make Dubstep using a load of womp sounds and then make up a little tune. But that is on another level , i need to learn that!!

I love dubstep but its a genre of music that has grown and changed so rapidly over the past half decade that its not really fair to judge it by a lot of the newer stuff out there today which is what Americans have been exposed to. I like the old and new stuff equally but it would be like trying to compare alt rock in the 90's to alt rock in 00's. There awesome in their own ways. If you want some older dubstep then I highly recommend checking out Skream's debut album from 2006 called Skream!

2 of my favorites off of that are:

Midnight Request Line

Dutch Flowerz

Its definitely not for everyone but as a musician who splits time equally between writing alt rock songs and electronic music (minimalism/dubstep/triphop) I really enjoy it.

Nice post. The deeper stuff is definitely my favorite and I think it is a lot easier to listen to then the heavy, noisy stuff that is pumped out now. But like all niche genres, it is a tough nut to crack.

Here is one of my favorite deeper tracks. Sub woofers and patience are a must. But it is a very rewarding listen.