‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Supposedly he was never offered a contract. Other teams would have blown money on him too, Philly, or the team he currently is "playing for".

I do think it's funny that these big FA types hire the agents to herd all the BS involved with this process, and they STILL look like sh!t anyway, if the process drags on for more than 5 minutes. Why even bother at that point, take the phone calls, get a notepad, write down their offers and say "I'll call you back later."

I think Lou knew how silly it was going to get with Gomez, and just said, "Nah, not wasting my time offering a contract that won't even be competitive." Especially since Gomez seemed to be sleepwalking his final year heading into FA. Lou saw a guy who was good for 60-70 points, 13-20 goals and some mental lapses. Some GMs saw his 33 goals in '05-'06, ignored the bloated numbers of that season that a lot of players enjoyed, and thought that the Devils were holding back a potential 100-point player. Sather paid him as such. Lou knew better.

How much would you think Semin would want compared to Zach? I don't think Semin would be exactly a cheap pick up

The perception of both players couldn't be more different at this point. Zach is seen as a hard worker, leader, overall swell guy, game-changer, the player every team wants, etc. Semin is pretty much seen as just the opposite. Not saying that's necessarily fair, but no one's writing scathing articles about Zach.

Isnt Semin a bad egg in the locker room?

IDK how much I can believe these guys really know about the guy, how he really is as a person, character, and really the ability fall into role on a team. Maybe it is true he didn't always click well in WAS but I can't believe that they would keep him around if he was truly as bad as they make him sound in this video.

Edited by NJDevils1214

The perception of both players couldn't be more different at this point. Zach is seen as a hard worker, leader, overall swell guy, game-changer, the player every team wants, etc. Semin is pretty much seen as just the opposite. Not saying that's necessarily fair, but no one's writing scathing articles about Zach.

Yeah Parise's every GM's dream player. He was a lock to be ridiculously overpaid because of "intangibles". Semin's an "enigmatic russian", there's a chance his contract might actually be pretty good for the team that signs him. However, it's pretty hard to imagine that after Parise signs Semin doesn't get big offers from the losers. I'm sure the reason we're hearing nothing about Semin is that his agent is waiting for Parise.

Supposedly he was never offered a contract. Other teams would have blown money on him too, Philly, or the team he currently is "playing for".

I do think it's funny that these big FA types hire the agents to herd all the BS involved with this process, and they STILL look like sh!t anyway, if the process drags on for more than 5 minutes. Why even bother at that point, take the phone calls, get a notepad, write down their offers and say "I'll call you back later."

Agents do a lot more than that, plus the PA goes after anyone who doesn't hire an agent.

I think we can take Zach at his word when he said that he wasn't thinking about his next contract at all this year. And I mean that sincerely.

I am going to be really emo when Zach leaves however I wouldn't mind making a run at Semin. His reputation doesn't bother me since historically when players come to NJ they tend to drink the :koolaid: . Kovy is a perfect example.

Kovy's done well this past season, maybe the :koolaid: is good for him. yeah, i know everyone's going to put an asterisk there because of his back problems at the end

Salvador-Zidlicky

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Fayne

Larsson

Fayne got qualified so he will be back regardless and even with his injury he wont miss much if anything. I think they gotta trade either greene or tallinder. Larsson cant be the healthy scratch again this season. Too much potential for that

Sadly, I do think this is what happened to Scott Gomez. I think he's a guy who's not all that smart, and got pushed into his Ranger contract by a variety of parties, and wound up believing a lot of nonsense that even fans knew wasn't true. If he had it to do over again, I think he finds a way to make it work in NJ.

Gomez knew he was gone before he even got to free agency. I'm not so sure the Devils even offered him anything? I don't think it's fair to say that the guy isn't that smart. Is he a wise-ass? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean he isn't smart.

Yikes, I like Sal but anything over two years is ridiculous. Bye bye Zach :(

No, quite the opposite. Sal could have gotten much more on market. Lou has an internal budget so he needed to keep year 1 low to fit Parise in so he adds the 3rd year to give Sal total $ he wanted.

Parise now is in a position to turn his back on basically entire team or return! I'm more confident then ever Parise is returning and hearing Marty of WFAN this morning all but assures it.

Salvador signing has no impact on Zach besides showing him the locker room will be the same as it was when they were 2 games away from a cup. I do agree that it seems a trade is in order on D. Having depth is good and all, but we have depth with the young kids like Urbom, Gelinas, and even Corrente who has shown to be serviceable in short stints. Green probably has the most value due to his 3 mil cap hit.

No, quite the opposite. Sal could have gotten much more on market. Lou has an internal budget so he needed to keep year 1 low to fit Parise in so he adds the 3rd year to give Sal total $ he wanted.

Parise now is in a position to turn his back on basically entire team or return! I'm more confident then ever Parise is returning and hearing Marty of WFAN this morning all but assures it.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

What did Marty say this morning?

Zach and Salvador are largely independent. Salv's deal doesn't have any implication on Zach's.

NJ's offer to Zach has been out there to him before they signed Salvador. To our knowledge, the Devils haven't withdrawn their offer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.