Clemens back with Yankees

Vinnie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that I hear about this from Doc on NBC of all places haha.

What a surprise, I knew this was going to happen since like March :lol: The Red Sox had no real need for him and the Astros are a crappy team, so the Yankees were really the only place for him and with Pettite there as another added incentive to boot.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a sweetheart deal he got though :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Eh

Double eh.

I can't find it in my heart to root for his guy. When we got out of the Ranger game, I was sickened.

Let's go Baby Bombers! That's the only baseball team I now care about!

Yankees buy a LOT...but you act like the Met$$$$$$$$$ are the Royals :rolleyes:

The Mets are a small market team who play in a back water burg that can barely afford to pay for lights to play night games. How can they be expected to compete with a team that plays in New York City?

The Mets are a small market team who play in a back water burg that can barely afford to pay for lights to play night games. How can they be expected to compete with a team that plays in New York City?

:rofl:

yeah they don't have any free agents or high priced players on their team, except for about the entire team.

BP says Clemens is only worth 1.5 more wins than Igawa, but I don't buy it - Igawa stinks. Hopefully Clemens' ERA is around 3.5-ish.

The difference between the Mets and Yankees is about $100 million now after the Clemens fiasco, among other philosophical differences. I'm certainly not complaining about our payroll (granted the Mets have had years where their payroll has been in the middle of the pack, I'm not sure when's the last time the Yankees were out of the top three in payroll), but it's still not on the same planet as the Yankees or Boston. Forget the Mets though, the rest of the teams in that division really don't have a bucket to take a dump in payroll-wise compared to those two teams.

Where I get on the Yankees is twofold, one Ca$hman basically has done nothing right with the pitching staff in the last five years, they're now spending over $100 million (total contract value) combined on Igawa, Pavano and Clemens, and these are back of the rotation starters! I actually thought he did a good job finally cutting some of the fat this offseason, but the first losing streak and the Yankee$ are back to throwing money at every problem.

Two, they basically come off looking like they're kissing the guy's feet and other parts of his anatomy. I mean come on, $26 million (salary plus luxury tax costs), AND he gets to clock in his own hours? On the strait-laced Yankees that don't allow facial hair? Not to mention the whole sideshow that is yesterday, that's really feeding his ego and going way over the top for attention.

Even a good Clemens isn't going to save the bullpen that much, he's about a 5-6 inning pitcher at this stage of his career. I don't even think they really needed the supreme mercenary to make the postseason, hell they'd won five out of their last six and had gotten their big three starters back in gear. If that's the case you're basically paying him all this money on a handful of postseason starts you hope he'll be able to make after he turns 45 :P

Edited by Hasan4978

The difference is that - I know the METS are a joke as an org but the yankees on the other hand who are the -self rightous keepers of all pride and tradition in baseball - pull a real bush league move yesterday - I mean I bet both mickey and the bambino are spinning in their grave at that display. You could stomach it if it was Joe D coming back and they pull that circus - but for that ass mercenary Clemens? is he really a true yankee deserved of such adulation by the fans? didnt he just bolt for more $$$ for a team that would kiss his ass and give him carte blanche. I thought the yanks were held up to a higher regard - but they bend over just the same to the same lunacy - - guess I was mistaken.

And I just heard susan waldman's call on the radio - - WTF ? :o:rolleyes::puke::doh1:

did Moses just come down from the mountain with the tablets ? I think she just had the big O !

welcomee home ? WTF I say again ? :koolaid:

I have no inside info but from listening to it she starts off fine and then loses control. The fact that you don't hear Sterling, and he never misses an opportunity to talk, makes me think that he went up to go pee or something during the break and she was just looking to fill air time. She is a terrible broadcaster and needs someone like Sterling to keep her in check.

I loved the intro yesterday. It's entertainment and that was tremendous theater.

As for the "adulation by the fans", have you watched Kei Igawa "pitch", and I use the term loosely, this year? The Yankee rotation is in shambles. Is Clemens a mercenary? Absolutely. Is he going to help the Yankees win more games than they would have otherwise? Absolutely. That is all that matters.

the woman who has covered the Yankees since WFAN went on the air, and through all the World Series runs of semi-recently called it the MOST DRAMATIC MOMENT SHE CAN REMEMBER IN YANKEE STADIUM ???? :blink::blink::blink:

Makes it seem like the idiot comments they make on Raw that each Main Event is the greatest ever as a mild understatement compared to the embarrassing effort by Suzie-know-it-all on Sunday!!!

The difference is that - I know the METS are a joke as an org but the yankees on the other hand who are the -self rightous keepers of all pride and tradition in baseball - pull a real bush league move yesterday - I mean I bet both mickey and the bambino are spinning in their grave at that display. You could stomach it if it was Joe D coming back and they pull that circus - but for that ass mercenary Clemens? is he really a true yankee deserved of such adulation by the fans? didnt he just bolt for more $$$ for a team that would kiss his ass and give him carte blanche. I thought the yanks were held up to a higher regard - but they bend over just the same to the same lunacy - - guess I was mistaken.

And I just heard susan waldman's call on the radio - - WTF ? :o:rolleyes::puke::doh1:

did Moses just come down from the mountain with the tablets ? I think she just had the big O !

welcomee home ? WTF I say again ? :koolaid:

Man from the sound of it...I am glad I am in Cali and didnt hear Georgie Girl gashing all over Roger.

Welcome home...please tell me nobody said that?? That is a JOKE if true!!