NJDevs Fantasy Football 2013 Smack Talk

NJDevs4978

welp Ayl wins his game despite his WR getting liek 5 points lol

HEEEEYYYY!!!!!!

I have RG 3 on Monday Night against a horrid Eagles defense.....I ain't giving up nothin yet!!!!

(besides Dez Bryant will screw it up for me :P )

HEEEEYYYY!!!!!!

I have RG 3 on Monday Night against a horrid Eagles defense.....I ain't giving up nothin yet!!!!

(besides Dez Bryant will screw it up for me :P )

A big win from Manning has me feeling good...  Decker looking like the odd man out last night, has me less cheerful then I should be.   But I have a feeling it's going be a feast/famine with Decker (I debated choosing Welker for a while for the slot action); which is why I'm glad I didn't get DeSean Jackson too...   

Hopefully the Birds can keep RGIII in check.  ha!

I didn't really want the Denver WR's this year (ex. Thomas who I had no shot of getting anyway) because of the too many mouths to feed syndrome. You had to figure someone's numbers - either Welker or Decker - would be down cause there's only so much even Peyton can do with one football.

But if they're going to be even half that effective every week he'll keep everyone happy including the man child TE (and I only took him cause the Broncos were playing Thursday, a quick looksee whether he'd have a real role or not).

Edited by NJDevs4978

I didn't really want the Denver WR's this year (ex. Thomas who I had no shot of getting anyway) because of the too many mouths to feed syndrome. You had to figure someone's numbers - either Welker or Decker - would be down cause there's only so much even Peyton can do with one football.

But if they're going to be even half that effective every week he'll keep everyone happy including the man child TE (and I only took him cause the Broncos were playing Thursday, a quick looksee whether he'd have a real role or not).

I was going to take him in Round 15 as a double down on a TD...   but honestly didn't really care.    Hopefully Celek gets something this week.

and RSC is partying that we finished the draft and has yet to set his roster :lol:

Hey, kept me from having to decide between Montee Ball and TY Hilton for my flex!

Got my "grade" last night. I am moderately flattered with the "B". But curious how my RB's (3 of 5 are starters) are "bad" and that I should have drafted Willis Macghee instead because of his ADP compared to Daryl Richardson.

These grades are kinda bull, the worst team in my other league got an A. He's projected to get like 89 points this week

In cash league it yelled at me for having the best first half and worst second half...    it seemed to really sh!t on me for drafting Joiqque Bell, Jaquizz Rodgers, ignoring their improved value in a PPR league.  My starters there are Rice, Murray and McFadden (flex)...  Matt Ryan (hey, had to get him somewhere), Julio Jones, Desean Jackson... with Jermichael Finley rounding up TE.

Malcom Floyd, Golden Tate sitting on the bench with Eli Manning and Brandon Myers...

Hartley and Green Bay... since I just said the rest of my team too... ha!

Not that I am complaining (in the real world), but what happened to Pittsburgh once vaunted O-line? They killed me fantasy wise.

The Pitt O-Line hasn't been "vaunted" in 5 years :P

The Steelers are a reputation team....and reputation teams get their asses kicked when they play for real :)

You'd have LOVED the stunned silence in the bar, once the 25+ "fans" in the building only got to wave their Horrible Hankies for that awful safety.....

Small fun fact ....that "awful draft" she had...... is close to breaking 150 and has the 2nd highest point total in the league.....only second to her opponent.....

.....who's ME :evil::rofl:

Griffin and Shana-douche can go choke in a read-option stack of AIDS :P

Scoring seemed ridiculous this week across leagues and formats.

100pts here used to be a solid indication of a win...  not so...

...and I was a bit shaky going into Monday night; but fortunately RG3 looked like crap until the Eagles decided to slow it down...  while Celek and Mathews each got TD's early.

See this here is even starting to piss me off in fantasy leagues now....OFFENSE IS TOO GODDAMN EASY now....*sigh*....20 points is becoming standard not the exceptional day....and if you don't have a 40pt QB you're garbage....I can only hope to hell this is just teams shaking off the rust and getting out of pre-season lazy mode....this kinda football isn't as much fun as they bill it to be....

See this here is even starting to piss me off in fantasy leagues now....OFFENSE IS TOO GODDAMN EASY now....*sigh*....20 points is becoming standard not the exceptional day....and if you don't have a 40pt QB you're garbage....I can only hope to hell this is just teams shaking off the rust and getting out of pre-season lazy mode....this kinda football isn't as much fun as they bill it to be....

The answer to that in Fantasy is to reduce the reward for yardage across the board.   

Agreed...  I'm still very much a fan of running as a fan; but when I played Madden...  passing was the way to go.    Life is now intimidating art now; with Peyton's performance and the Eagles pace in the first half; going for it on 4th down, etc.    When I play Madden now, I still do no huddle most of the time.

Funny you mention 100 points as a barometer, I was going back through league history during the preseason and looking at point totals in prior years of playoff teams, trying to figure what a good enough benchmark would be.  As a whole playoff teams averaged 101.9 points per game last year (if you add up the six yearly totals, divide by the # of teams - 6, then divide by the # of weeks - 13).  Five years ago playoff teams averaged 89.9 points per game :blink:

On the one hand...it's still the Peyton/Tom Brady/Rodgers/Brees troika that are putting up the monster days.  You don't see Brandon Weeden throwing for 500 yards and 4 TD's all that often.  Bad QB's are still bad.  In baseball when guys were putting up insane numbers you'd see fluky jumps all over the place.

But yeah just looking at the overall numbers it's insane if you look at the point totals from last year compared to five years ago.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/njdevs/2008

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/njdevs/2012

The advent of the running QB is a big part of this too, or rather the new-found specilization of having one.  That's a TON of bonus points that weren't there a few years ago.

Edited by NJDevs4978

12 QB's threw over 300 yards this week (the former gold standard for a top game....now it just means an average day), Weedon and Bradford almost did too, not too bad....here's where it gets nuts:

19 players received for 100+ yards and 13 caught multiple TDs....it's the receiving stats that are throwing crap out of whack (esp when you had Reggie Bush)

12 QB's threw over 300 yards this week (the former gold standard for a top game....now it just means an average day), Weedon and Bradford almost did too, not too bad....here's where it gets nuts:

19 players received for 100+ yards and 13 caught multiple TDs....it's the receiving stats that are throwing crap out of whack (esp when you had Reggie Bush)

Agreed; so if passing is becoming too 'easy'... I wouldn't be opposed to scaling back QBs and WRs yardage (while maintaining TD's at 6)... to like 1 per 50, with bonuses at 400yd (QB) / 150 yd (WR).

Obviously I'm not talking about this season.