187 replies to this topic

#141 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I don't know about how many, but I'd like the puck that pretty squarely hits his stick not to knock his stick through his legs and then let the puck follow. That bad goal doesn't mean he had a bad night, but it doesn't make it a good goal to have given up.

Like I said, I can't ask Hedberg to do much more than he did. Apparently he was supposed to have been perfect tonight.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#142 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

One of their crap-hole fans shows disrespect for the game by throwing sh!t at our goaltender during the shootout attempt, and they get all pissed off at our players for lobbying for a re-do???!! I cannot believe that! What jerks! That makes me upset.

I don't know about how many, but I'd like the puck that pretty squarely hits his stick not to knock his stick through his legs and then let the puck follow. That bad goal doesn't mean he had a bad night, but it doesn't make it a good goal to have given up.

The Bruins missed a lot of opportunities to score also. We could have lost this one straight up. It was a good point tonight.

#143 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Gotta at least see what happens when Henrique comes back first. Might as well give Butler a shot too.

. I want to see Larsson in there too. A move frees up space to give him a regular spot. I trust Lou and DeBoer, so I'm not gonna sit there and bitch about it, but it would be nice to see him on the ice and out of the press box.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#144 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I can't expect Hedberg to do much better than he did. How many chances was he supposed to give his shooters to win the SO?

With our current lineup, Hedberg could have made fifteen saves and still not won the shootout. The options are really pathetic beyond Clarkson.

And getting on Hedberg for 'one' goal allowed in Boston is like Kyydax-Marty type grading :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#145 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Probably been said a few times, but shootouts aren't so fun anymore when you don't have one of the best shootout players the NHL has seen. Only part of the game I caught, so the only thing I can really comment on.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#146 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

TG tweeted that Hedberg thought it was half of a cheeseburger that was thrown onto the ice...
Wow, stay classy, Boston
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#147 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Like I said, I can't ask Hedberg to do much more than he did. Apparently he was supposed to have been perfect tonight.

So saying he had a very good night is underselling him? Pointing out that 2 pucks that got by him weren't the greatest goals ever is unfair because he made some other good saves during the night? If the difference between perfect and very good was making that 1 save in the third period, then yes he should have been perfect instead of very good because that goal was not great.

Probably been said a few times, but shootouts aren't so fun anymore when you don't have one of the best shootout players the NHL has seen. Only part of the game I caught, so the only thing I can really comment on.

If you look at the last season and change then the Devils have the very best shootout player, I think.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#148 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Devils just got serious praise on NHL Live for being a very good, underestimated team.. Totally agree with them that it's pretty cool we didn't have to change our system even after Zach left
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#149 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Zach wasn't even Zach in the last two thirds of the season in the shootout. They also don't have Henrique, who's the only other Devil who took even one shot in the shootout last year aside from the first four guys that got picked. Hell, even Sykora probably would have been the fifth guy up tonight if he was here.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#150 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

And getting on Hedberg for 'one' goal allowed in Boston is like Kyydax-Marty type grading :P

731 and some others feel differently, what are you going to do? I'm done arguing that point.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#151 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

And wow just seeing that Rask takedown on Zajac, something should have been called on that. I don't know if that's even in the rulebook but it should be an automatic goal if you take down the shooter without getting a piece of the puck. He didn't even come close to getting puck there.

#152 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

One shootout loss, not going to declare the Devils' days of dominating the shootout over just yet. But yeah, losing a guy who around 50% in shootouts in Zach hurts. That 1-2 punch of Kovy and Zach last season was absurd.

#30 FOREVER!

#153 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

731 and some others feel differently, what are you going to do? I'm done arguing that point.

I wasn't getting on Hedberg. I was being honest about the goal he gave up. I'm sorry "very good" wasn't high enough praise in your opinion.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#154 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't think we should start panicking, the devils played a pretty solid game tonight. Had a lot of chances. Kovy is playing good, putting up shots, making nice plays on the PP and scoring once again in the SO. I don't think the problem is our players, the problem is that we don't score on our golden opportunities (carter , JJ in this game etc.) We just have to score on those opportunities and we'll be fine. The D and Moose looked great, it's only the offence that needs to score when they get the chance.

Edited by Devs3cups, 29 January 2013 - 10:32 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#155 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

fvck disappointing to give the bruins 2 pts when we should have sealed it with 4 mins remaining the game.

Put food on my family

#156 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Devils just got serious praise on NHL Live for being a very good, underestimated team.. Totally agree with them that it's pretty cool we didn't have to change our system even after Zach left

I gave it some thought today, and I know I might get crucified for saying it, but here goes.

Everyone was so eager to replace Zach this year through FA or trade, but really, at this point in the young season, we already have. His name is David Clarkson. Give this man some love everybody, he's leading us in goal scoring, and proved last post season he has the grit to score big, game winning goals. Look at his goals this year. All represent his style of play, but they've also been Parise-esque goals, getting in on net and jamming it home. As for Parise's attitude and hardwork, they were already in place due to great ownership and coaching.

We have a really good team, and it still isn't fully developed (I.e Henrique, Matteau situation, Larrson etc.) and we hardly sacrifice anything in net. A 1a, 1b situation. So in short, fvck Zach, we're the Devils..Arggggghh
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#157 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Are you fvcking kidding me with this sh!t?! Yeah, Hedberg was just awful tonight. Un-fvcking-believable.

You and I were obviously watching different games because Moose was one of the reasons we were competitive in this game. It clearly wasn't our "outstanding offense".

Tallinder has proven that he is the odd man out. He was the main reason why Boston scored in the 3rd and made a lot of sloppy plays during the game. You mean to tell me that Tallinder is more of an asset to this New Jersey Devils team then the more aggressive Volchenkov? Please.

Package Tallinder and Tedenby with a pick for Setoguchi or Hemsky. Someone. Anyone.

n2eg.jpg

#158 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Zach wasn't even Zach in the last two thirds of the season in the shootout. They also don't have Henrique, who's the only other Devil who took even one shot in the shootout last year aside from the first four guys that got picked. Hell, even Sykora probably would have been the fifth guy up tonight if he was here.

Parise helped us win many many many shootouts since he came in the league. He had a tiny rough patch last year, but that's alright. He's been a guy that could shoot 45-55% a year and for a team that got themselves in a lot of shootouts, that was big.

And Kovalchuk has been money since last year after being dreadful before that. But you couldn't beat a 1-2 punch like that on top of having Marty in net.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#159 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Now there's a blast from the past. LOL
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#160 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Bingo. I hope that LL doesn't waste any time with Clarkson at the end of the year. We can't afford to lose him, he's a pretty solid player and it would suck to lose another one..sigh..

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users