Brent Johnson knocks out Rick Dipietro

Biggie B

seconds left in the third period....Matt Cooke inadvertently runs into Dipietro who is way out of his crease....huge scuffle ensues between the teams...Dipietro challenges Johnson to a mano a mano goalie fight...Johnson knocks out Dipietro in one punch...and I mean drops him like a sack of potatoes.

I obviously don't have video because this just happened but everyone has to see this to believe it.

If only Chris Tucker was the game commentator...

Edited by Biggie B

That was the best five minutes of an Islanders game I've ever seen. So glad I happened to turn the TV on right before that happened. Seems like whenever I catch an Islanders game with Dipietro in the net he's trying to fight someone. Not sure why he thinks he should or can fight. Maybe Brent Johnson set him straight.

Nice! What comes around goes around for Matt Cooke. He is a POS and got what he deserved. Too bad DiPietro does not know how to fight. Nice left hook by Johnson to KO DiPietro. DP seems like he is always getting hurt and can't stay healthy. It is almost the same punch Staal hit Prust with last night in the Penguins/Rangers game.

Nice! What comes around goes around for Matt Cooke. He is a POS and got what he deserved. Too bad DiPietro does not know how to fight. Nice left hook by Johnson to KO DiPietro. DP seems like he is always getting hurt and can't stay healthy. It is almost the same punch Staal hit Prust with last night in the Penguins/Rangers game.

Cooke barely got bumped into by Rick, then turtled in the corner while others shoved. I think he "got what he deserved" is overstating it a bit. He "got what he deserved" when Evander Kane knocked him out cold last season.

Also, how is that anything like the Jordan Staal punch? Staal punched an unsuspecting players with gloves on... Johnson punched Dipietro with no gloves during a clean fight. Other than both being thrown with the left hand, I really see no similarities at all.

WOW, nice work by Johnson there. He decked little Ricky good....

WHICH REMINDS ME....

Half of this board was in diapers when this happened, buttttttttttttttttt

Islanders goalies just aren't good at fighting

:clap:

jesus, the way those tool pitt announcers were calling it, dipietro tried to take off his skate, and stab cooke.

Only Happy Gilmore would do such a thing!

To the bolded. I'm not too sure Johnson's punch was similar to Staal's. Staal's punch was like a tap IMO, but Prust went down like a sack of $hit trying to draw a penalty (which he got) the funny thing about Prust's dive was that his head flipped in the same direction that Staal's "punch" came from :blink: THAT'S how we know he embellished Staal's "punch" :doh1: When someone gets clocked, the natural reaction is for your head to spin in the direction the punch is going to, not where the punch is coming from :rolleyes: look at a youtube highlight, you'll see his head goes the wrong way after the "punch".

Staal's hit reminds me of the way Bertuzzi hit Moore, not a powerful hit and certainly nowhere near enough to cause the reaction it got, then Moore dropped like a sack of $hit... and the rest is history.

Matt Cooke will get his one day, all cheapshots do in the end, see Moore,Steve.

To the bolded. I'm not too sure Johnson's punch was similar to Staal's. Staal's punch was like a tap IMO, but Prust went down like a sack of $hit trying to draw a penalty (which he got) the funny thing about Prust's dive was that his head flipped in the same direction that Staal's "punch" came from :blink: THAT'S how we know he embellished Staal's "punch" :doh1: When someone gets clocked, the natural reaction is for your head to spin in the direction the punch is going to, not where the punch is coming from :rolleyes: look at a youtube highlight, you'll see his head goes the wrong way after the "punch".

Staal's hit reminds me of the way Bertuzzi hit Moore, not a powerful hit and certainly nowhere near enough to cause the reaction it got, then Moore dropped like a sack of $hit... and the rest is history.

Matt Cooke will get his one day, all cheapshots do in the end, see Moore,Steve.

I'm pretty sure Prust was turning his head in that direction before he got hit with the punch, which made the impact worse because he turned right into it. As for the Bertuzzi incident, Moore fell because he was obviously sucker punched and then Bertuzzi tripped over his own stick and fell forward into Moore, landing on top of him.

Edited by devilsfan26