Christmas, Even HR Is Scared

LOULAM1

meh...christmas is a paegan holiday anyway..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting find and I stand corrected regarding XMas....thanks for the link Super 17

Europeans in the 16th century started using X in place of Christ's name as shorthand for writing Christ. The Christian monks and scholars were knowledgeable of the Greek letter X, - Chi or Khi - which is the first letter in the Greek word "Christos" or "Kristos" (Greek: CristoV) The Greek and Hebrew word "Christos" comes out "Messiah" and mean the same thing: "The anointed One." For many years the X was understood by Christian clergy and as time passed, many Christians, educated and not, were not aware of the meaning. Over time the meaning became lost and was later of perceived as a sign disrespect.

i find it funny that people who act like complete dicks for the rest of the year suddenly rediscover their christian heritage and use it as a rallying cry to whine about people different then them.

do you even implement the teachings of christ in your everyday life?

do you remember god even once during your normal day? do you give thanks for what you have? do you ask god to remove poverty and ignorance from the lives of others? do you ask for forgiveness and guidance?

if not, STFU and stop whining.

Its funny how people think you have to be an unbelievably good Christian to celebrate Christmas, otherwise you shouldn

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how many people would actually consider themselves 'Christians' if it wasn't for Christmas.

Brylin18 (and Crasher, of course) hit nail on the head in this thread, but there were a lot of terrible opinions stated here.

The guy that made this thread is the type of guy that is going to complain about like, starting a new video game system and having it ask what language you'd like to start with, instead of defaulting to English and users having to manually change the language to something else.

The guy that made this thread is the type of guy that is going to complain about like, starting a new video game system and having it ask what language you'd like to start with, instead of defaulting to English and users having to manually change the language to something else.

:thumbsup:

I wonder how many people would actually consider themselves 'Christians' if it wasn't for Christmas.

Brylin18 (and Crasher, of course) hit nail on the head in this thread, but there were a lot of terrible opinions stated here.

Edited by LOULAM1

oh snap no you didnt just call me a metalhead

Also, how old are you?

Also, find me a town where there are actually as many Chanukah and Kwanzaa decorations as Chri$tmas.

And honestly, if you see any of these holidays as anything more than Hallmark holidays nowadays, why would you even care so much about decorations? You'd think someone as religious as yourself would be more tolerant and open to others.

Edited by metallidevils

oh snap no you didnt just call me a metalhead

Also, how old are you?

Also, find me a town where there are actually as many Chanukah and Kwanzaa decorations as Chri$tmas.

And honestly, if you see any of these holidays as anything more than Hallmark holidays nowadays, why would you even care so much about decorations? You'd think someone as religious as yourself would be more tolerant and open to others.

Happy Birthday, Jesus! Sorry the only reason people care is because they're getting a new Wii!

Honestly you're complaining about how Christmas is marketed, when one of the things keeping the Christian faith alive, at least as far as I can see, is the marketing of Christmas.

And again, national holiday my ass. Who would possibly use that in their argument?

Edited by LOULAM1

WHAT THE F DOES THE TRANS SIBERIAN RAILROAD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS! Your an agnostic and a minority!

Good.. go back to Saudi Arabia... I mean Canada.

Edited by Super 17

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.