2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Bit of a contradiction here. Tebow sucks but the Steelers lost because they didn't respect. But I do see what you are saying.

Not even calling for Tebow but a backup in general. Sanchez has been replacement level bad in some of these games. And you guys are right, right now the Jets have zero weapons. Well go with the ground and pound using an asset in Tebow. One of the benefit of a run option offense is ball control. A three and out taking three minutes off the clock is better than one with 30 seconds. String a couple first downs together, and that defense starts getting grinded down. That's what has happened to the Jets D a lot this year, they need to protect them a bit. Especially with the injury to Revis.

Not really a contradiction...Tomlin pretty much decided that Tebow couldn't possibly hurt him, and decided to focus almost 100% on shutting down the run. But you have to give even bad NFL QBs a little bit of respect, and Tebow has shown that he can hurt you here and there...not nearly enough and with no consistency, but just enough that you can't act like there's absolutely no way he can beat you.

I think last season, when Tebow and the Broncos went on that little streak, it had so much more to do with defense...and people are forgetting what happened AFTER that streak ended. It got very ugly very quickly. I don't think any team that has Tebow as its starting QB will ever have a six-game winning streak like last season's Broncos. That was a perfect storm where everything came together absolutely perfectly for that team to overcome Tebow's deficiencies. He should thank all of his lucky stars that so many things that needed to fall into place for him to succeed did, because that winning streak is going to buy him more chances than he should get and keep him relevant for much longer than he deserves to be. John Elway couldn't have been more right about him...Tebow is just about out of pixie dust...unless the Jets' D suddenly has a hot streak like Denver's did last season, Tebow will not start winning games for the Jets.

Not neccessarily true. Being a Giant fan under Coughlin you have a great front office draft quality players, fantastic coaching molding these prospects and an OC who understands how to tap into that talent. The JESTS have NONE of these things.

Tebow was a media vehicle in an effort to boost potential PSL among non-football fans and to sell merchandise. Tebow was not about Football per se.

and the worst defense in football. They blew a 23 point lead yesterday, Manning was bad, and they won by a fingertip, literally

the giants have great receivers, I'll give them that. They bail out manning alot by making great catches on a lot of badly thrown balls. But they're also on an unheard of streak of good luck after their defense has gotten absolutely torched all year

Not really a contradiction...Tomlin pretty much decided that Tebow couldn't possibly hurt him, and decided to focus almost 100% on shutting down the run. But you have to give even bad NFL QBs a little bit of respect, and Tebow has shown that he can hurt you here and there...not nearly enough and with no consistency, but just enough that you can't act like there's absolutely no way he can beat you.

I think last season, when Tebow and the Broncos went on that little streak, it had so much more to do with defense...and people are forgetting what happened AFTER that streak ended. It got very ugly very quickly. I don't think any team that has Tebow as its starting QB will ever have a six-game winning streak like last season's Broncos. That was a perfect storm where everything came together absolutely perfectly for that team to overcome Tebow's deficiencies. He should thank all of his lucky stars that so many things that needed to fall into place for him to succeed did, because that winning streak is going to buy him more chances than he should get and keep him relevant for much longer than he deserves to be. John Elway couldn't have been more right about him...Tebow is just about out of pixie dust...unless the Jets' D suddenly has a hot streak like Denver's did last season, Tebow will not start winning games for the Jets.

Pretty much this. Broncos ended 8-8 last year in what was easily the worst division in football. If you took a look at his numbers last season, and just left out the name, you would think that it was Brady Quinn qb'ing your team. Tebow did enough to win, but this idea that he can be the savior or a long term solution at QB is ridiculous.

I can tell you this though. So long as Sporano is the offensive coordinator, Jets are going nowhere.

Sporano has been better than the disaster that is Schotty in St. Louis, I'll give him that.

Let's be real about Tebow, he's barely involved in the offense and has had no impact on any Jets wins or losses this year. He is not the reason Holmes is out, Keller missing a couple of games, or Revis, Scott, and Kenrick Ellis is out. He has nothing to do with Sanchez holding the ball too long, having no pocket presence or throwing bad picks. He's done that all since DAY 1.

Edited by '7'

Sporano has been better than the disaster that is Schotty in St. Louis, I'll give him that.

Let's be real about Tebow, he's barely involved in the offense and has had no impact on any Jets wins or losses this year. He is not the reason Holmes is out, Keller missing a couple of games, or Revis, Scott, and Kenrick Ellis is out. He has nothing to do with Sanchez holding the ball too long, having no pocket presence or throwing bad picks. He's done that all since DAY 1.

I'm referring to if Tebow is named the starter. Lightning is not striking twice with that guy.

By seasons end most Jet fans will realize how bad Soprano is and yearn for Schott.

Lets be real about Tebow.

This would be the best thing to happen to the Jets this season. Whether you like Tebow or not, or whether you think the Jets are using him correctly or not, the one thing that can't be disputed is that his presence has not helped his team. This should not be seen as a "work in progress"...no way the Jets were planning on being a 3-5 team in transition this year. If anything, this could go down as a wasted year, especially since both the AFC East and the AFC in general is not strong.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tim-tebow-jacksonville-jaguars-new-york-jets-report-trade-103012

Link to the Tebow article will be on the NFL homepage, on the left.

If the Jets actually correct this mistake, they can then give Sanchez some offensive weapons in the offseason, and give him next year as a "final shot" kind of season, to see what he can do when his franchise isn't trying to actively sabotage him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If Tannenbaum makes any trade(s) at this point, he looks even worse. It's bad enough he seemingly has been putting this roster together on-the-fly throughout the duration of the season.. ie: Lex Hillard, Aaron Berry, Robert Malone, Clyde Gates, Jason Smith, Austin Howard, etc. But making roster moves via dealing picks in Week 9, would only admit that the decisions made in July were flawed. By staying pat it upholds illusion. It shows he maintains a level of confidence in the roster he built, at which time he can then try to spin it as the players weren't "coached up" enough come seasons end. I have a hard time believing that Rex Ryan, Mike Westhoff, & Tony Sparano all just suddenly forgot how to coach. Here's the thing.. THEY DIDN'T! They're coaching a team that's 65% scrubs, and all 3 should be commended if this squad can muster up 8 wins. The Jets have no depth @ RB & WR.. zero experience on the defensive line.. and replacement level talent playing special teams. Ask yourself; if Konrad Reuland wasn't playing for the Jets.. would he even be in the NFL at all?

The destruction of the 2009\2010 Jets can be summed up in two words; *self-pride! I always understand guys leaving on account of big contracts.. which is why you'll never hear me pick on Tanny for players like Leon Washington, Brad Smith, or Shaun Ellis. That's not where the blood lies. The failure of Tannenbaum is driven by his own bloated ego. Cutting Woodhead was EGO! Choosing Allen & Smith for Leonhard & Ihedigbo was EGO! Plaxico, Mason & Holmes over J'Co & Braylon was EGO! Going on WFAN and defending the Jeff Ottah trade saying that: "he would've passed the physical had he slept the night before" is EGO! Thus.. Woodhead, Leonhard, Ihedigbo, Cotchery, and yes even Braylon.. have all had the last laugh. They're still playing quality football on 5 teams that'll be playoff bound in 8 weeks! Meanwhile E. Smith, Ottah, Mason, Burress, & Holmes are all currently sitting at home.

Who looks like an a$$hole here??

Say what you want about Woody Johnson as a football mind, but he's an excellent business man.. and as a business man, it must make him none-too-happy of the report that patrons are forfeiting their PSL's. He has constituents to answer to.. and they're fvcking livid! As sure as I was last year on Schottenheimer's fate, I'm doubly certain on this.. the 2012 Jets will cost Mike Tannenbaum his job as General Manager. He's destroyed this team, and he'll pay for it come March.

Edited by Beezer34

If Tannenbaum makes any trade(s) at this point, he looks even worse. It's bad enough he seemingly has been putting this roster together on-the-fly throughout the duration of the season.. ie: Lex Hillard, Aaron Berry, Robert Malone, Clyde Gates, Jason Smith, Austin Howard, etc. But making roster moves via dealing picks in Week 9, would only admit that the decisions made in July were flawed. By staying pat it upholds illusion. It shows he maintains a level of confidence in the roster he built, at which time he can then try to spin it as the players weren't "coached up" enough come seasons end. I have a hard time believing that Rex Ryan, Mike Westhoff, & Tony Sparano all just suddenly forgot how to coach. Here's the thing.. THEY DIDN'T! They're coaching a team that's 65% scrubs, and all 3 should be commended if this squad can muster up 8 wins. The Jets have no depth @ RB & WR.. zero experience on the defensive line.. and replacement level talent playing special teams. Ask yourself; if Konrad Reuland wasn't playing for the Jets.. would he even be in the NFL at all?

The destruction of the 20092010 Jets can be summed up in two words; *self-pride! I always understand guys leaving on account of big contracts.. which is why you'll never hear me pick on Tanny for players like Leon Washington, Brad Smith, or Shaun Ellis. That's not where the blood lies. The failure of Tannenbaum is driven by his own bloated ego. Cutting Woodhead was EGO! Choosing Allen & Smith for Leonhard & Ihedigbo was EGO! Plaxico, Mason & Holmes over J'Co & Braylon was EGO! Going on WFAN and defending the Jeff Ottah trade saying that: "he would've passed the physical had he slept the night before" is EGO! Thus.. Woodhead, Leonhard, Ihedigbo, Cotchery, and yes even Braylon.. have all had the last laugh. They're still playing quality football on 5 teams that'll be playoff bound in 8 weeks! Meanwhile E. Smith, Ottah, Mason, Burress, & Holmes are all currently sitting at home.

Who looks like an a$$hole here??

Say what you want about Woody Johnson as a football mind, but he's an excellent business man.. and as a business man, it must make him none-too-happy of the report that patrons are forfeiting their PSL's. He has constituents to answer to.. and they're fvcking livid! As sure as I was last year on Schottenheimer's fate, I'm doubly certain on this.. the 2012 Jets will cost Mike Tannenbaum his job as General Manager. He's destroyed this team, and he'll pay for it come March.

. Of course, saying Sparano forgot how to coach implies he knew how to coach in the first place. :P

Say what you want about Woody Johnson as a football mind, but he's an excellent business man.. and as a business man, it must make him none-too-happy of the report that patrons are forfeiting their PSL's. He has constituents to answer to.. and they're fvcking livid! .

Wait a minute. Woody is what?? Woody is a terrible business man. Similar to Donald "bankruptcy" Trump, Woody was born into wealth and never had to work at running a business.

He overpaid for the Jets which necessitated the attempt to build a stadium on the west side of New York, which he miscalculated and ended up overpaying for the new Giants Stadium. The PSL's are another failure. Making the Jets get Farve and now Tebow has destroyed the prospects for the Jets.

Woody is just a spoiled rich kid trying to make a buck with a high profile franchise and Failing.

Wait a minute. Woody is what?? Woody is a terrible business man. Similar to Donald "bankruptcy" Trump, Woody was born into wealth and never had to work at running a business.

He overpaid for the Jets which necessitated the attempt to build a stadium on the west side of New York, which he miscalculated and ended up overpaying for the new Giants Stadium. The PSL's are another failure. Making the Jets get Farve and now Tebow has destroyed the prospects for the Jets.

Woody is just a spoiled rich kid trying to make a buck with a high profile franchise and Failing.

Anybody who buys a football franchise overpays for it.

The attempt at a West Side Stadium was noble and a nice try...it didn't work. Ultimately they built in NJ with the giants...it costs a lot of money to build anything here. It ain't Texas! Ultimately it's not really the worst thing in the world since by now over 50% of the Jets season ticket holders live in NJ. The PSL's were unpopular...but the Giants went with them as well...I don't see you slandering them for the same scummy tactics. Oh and 13 other teams have seat licenses. Including the Baltimore exBrowns

Tim Tebow has not been the difference in any wins or losses this year. It's essentially a wash, but probably a financial boon in jersey sales. No "prospects" have been hurt by Tebows aquisition.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about Manta. In 10 years time, Johnson doubled the value on his investment. He bought the Jets in 2000 for $600 million. They were ranked 18th in the league in net worth. Now, as of 2012, only 5 teams in the NFL are worth more than the Jets. The organization is currently valued at nearly 1.3 billion.. and YES, it had alot to do with glam-moves such as Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Ty Law, etc.

The team has quadrupled their sponsors since 2004. Doubled their television exposure since 2009. Tripled their revenue from secondary income since 2008. The Jets never had a 3rd\throwback jersey until Johnson. They've made $4 million in Titans apparel. $13 million in Favre memorabilia. $9 million in Hardknocks.. which he pushed for. That's nearly $30 million of wayward value, in the span of only 2 years. The team plans to make millions more on Superbowl XLVIII, which in the words of Jonathan Tisch, was driven and pushed for by Johnson. Saying how his "moves have destroyed Jets prospects" proves what I said regarding his on-field football knowledge. There are numerous *Woody transactions that never led to on-field success. Rest assure, they've all led to financial $uccess. The JetsShop website is one of the most highly traffic in the NFL. If you were to ask Brian Cashman who pushed for A-Rod, Gary Sheffield, Jason Giambi, Pudge Rodriguez, Randy Johnson, Bobby Abreu, Johnny Damon, and the 2007 Roger Clemens.. he'd tell you George Steinbrenner. Some worked, some didn't. But ALL made the Yankees money.

EDIT; GM & Owner are 2 different things. Lou Lamoriello is an excellent General Manager, but he'd make a lousy owner due to his lack of care\concern in product selling, purchase provisions, advertising, sponsorship, and overall marketing. Jerry Jones is just the opposite. He can't put together a team, yet the Cowboys continue to make money. Does that make him a bad business man?

Edited by Beezer34

Sanchez with another horrific effort.

This game was winnable. Russell Wilson doesn't impress me. He's a runner with a QB calibre arm...but if you can corrall him, he won't hurt you. He's actually jumpy in the pocket much like Sanchez. He will not be a good QB and does not have much of a future in the league

I can only describe Sanchez as stupid. He's a stupid human being, stupid QB, zero awareness of what's going on around him and doesn't recognize what to do in any situation. That red zone INT (which btw he leads the league in) was horrific. Keller was open for a while. HILL WAS WIDE OPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM

no. Sanchez needs to wait until the corner gets in front of Keller to throw the ball. Easy INT

then the fumble. No pocket presence. No awareness...just go down and eat the ball. No he has to voluntarily fumble it

The guy is an idiot. I would just give him the rest of the season to humiliate himself and either draft a QB or trade for a vet...what I think the Jets will do is give Sanchez another full year and maybe make the change after 2013...either way the clock is ticking

Sanchez with another horrific effort.

This game was winnable. Russell Wilson doesn't impress me. He's a runner with a QB calibre arm...but if you can corrall him, he won't hurt you. He's actually jumpy in the pocket much like Sanchez. He will not be a good QB and does not have much of a future in the league

I can only describe Sanchez as stupid. He's a stupid human being, stupid QB, zero awareness of what's going on around him and doesn't recognize what to do in any situation. That red zone INT (which btw he leads the league in) was horrific. Keller was open for a while. HILL WAS WIDE OPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM

no. Sanchez needs to wait until the corner gets in front of Keller to throw the ball. Easy INT

then the fumble. No pocket presence. No awareness...just go down and eat the ball. No he has to voluntarily fumble it

The guy is an idiot. I would just give him the rest of the season to humiliate himself and either draft a QB or trade for a vet...what I think the Jets will do is give Sanchez another full year and maybe make the change after 2013...either way the clock is ticking

Clearly Sanchez deserves some blame, but it's not all on him.

After yesterday, I think both Ryan and Tannenbaum need to be shown the door at season's end. Rex was exactly what the Jets needed when he first got here, and they responded to him, but he's shown little (if any) ability to change or adapt...he's a one-trick pony that can't help but yap yap yap, and now he looks like a buffoon who's no longer in tune with what's happening on the field. Losing Revis was a killer, there's no denying that, but it's really looking like his team no longer responds to him.

Two years ago I really thought this guy was going to be the best head coach in Jets history. I now think he's really meant to be a defensive coordinator, where his act is less costly and a bit easier to take.

Apparently Woody loves Rex, but IF the Jets let him go and bring in a new GM, get Sanchez some weapons and a new OC and give him one more year.

The Jets have to back to the drawing board. Sanchez still has the potential to be a very good QB elsewhere. The Jets front office has destroyed him the past two years without personnel or coaching support. Schott did a great job of managing him early, but he is just mentally taking too much on. The Jets offense will take several years to rebuild while the D will start to deteriorate. Really a bad job by Tannenbaum.

Sanchez is beyond awful, his defenders can point out the lack of weapons all they want, it doesn't exonerate him from his usual brain dead throws at the goal line and losing fumbles trying to make a Favre like play while in the grasp. Both of these are weekly occurrences.

He and Tanny have to go this offseason. I'm not convinced Rex needs to be junked just yet (especially since Tanny has been so awful, I dont think the Jets are really underachieving in relation to talent) but I don't think this is ending well for him either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Problem is who are you going to replace Sanchez with? Matt Moore perhaps. It's a really bad idea to draft a QB just for its own sake. I don't know nuts and bolts, but the QB draft class for this year seems pretty weak. Plus, it's almost a certainty that KC will have the pick of the litter. If you end up drafting a mediocre QB to be your franchise QB it sets you back several years.

If I were the Jets, I'd let Sanchez play out the rest of his contract and address other needs. He's proven to be good enough when he's got a good enough supporting cast. In the meantime, bide your time for when a better QB prospect comes around. Oh, and the first move has to be to fire Sporano.

..there's a fine line between the "carpenter and his tools." I'm not exonerating Sanchez or Sparano, but you can't look past the XFL level cast of characters on this team. There was no urgency to do anything other than revamp the FS & SS position(s), which did little to help either the offense or the team in general. It like pouring A1 on a burger and expecting it to taste like steak.

In the end it goes back to Tanny. He's put zero effort into this roster, and come seasons end he'll pay for it.

Mangini couldn't coach, but he was hell of a talent evaluator. Rex may have been the head coach during the two deep playoff runs, but those were Mangini boys. Through drafting, he put together the 2009, 2010 Jets.. and in 2 off-seasons, Mike T. completely disembled that squad. If it sounds ignorant placing all the blame on one person, than so-be-it. I can't help the simplistic point of view, when the cards are laid with such certainty. I've seen Tony Sparano coach two teams to 2 Division Titles with a running game.. Marion Barber, Julius Jones, Ronnie Brown, & Ricky Williams. I've seen Sanchez lead the Jets to two Championship games with a running game. If I asked the best chef in NY to bake me a cake, and gave him ½ the ingredients to work with.. even if he's the best chef in the world, it's going to come out like sh!t. I can't show Sanchez or Rex or Sparano the door after this season when Tom, Dick, and Harry were what they had to work with at RB & WR.. sorry.