• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Gotta admit that it's still going to take me awhile to get excited about this. I'll still be trying to sell the majority of my tickets for this season.

As it should....the NHL has become a VERY abusive relationship....they just got drunk and beat you again, and now that you're out of the hospital they come back with some cheap flowers and an I'm sorry luck..... frak that....I ain't spending a damned DIME on them this year......

As it should....the NHL has become a VERY abusive relationship....they just got drunk and beat you again, and now that you're out of the hospital they come back with some cheap flowers and an I'm sorry luck..... frak that....I ain't spending a damned DIME on them this year......

That's your prerogative, but I still don't get the reference (and I see it way, way too much). They're not abusing us, we will always find other things to do with our time and money if they're not around. They may annoy us to no end by not being around, but in the end they're only really hurting themselves - and the people who work for them, businesses around the arenas, networks/sponsors, etc. Those are the only ones 'truly' at the mercy of the NHL/NHLPA.

Either way I'm just glad this labor talk is done. I'm tired of debating things I really know little about...but with this lockout if you haven't gotten at least two things wrong then you were smarter than anyone else by not predicting anything to begin with :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah, but at least they'll be "clean" for 8 years lolz

My main issue is I won't even know if I can go to the games I already paid for until they release this schedule which is either hopefully today or tomorrow.

And that's definitely fair although you would think 'most' of the home dates they'd previously booked will still be in this schedule. Especially since the Devils already had 22 home games set for January 31-end of the 82-game season.

And that's definitely fair although you would think 'most' of the home dates they'd previously booked will still be in this schedule. Especially since the Devils already had 22 home games set for January 31-end of the 82-game season.

I believe I read a couple days ago that that's what they're going to do. The matchups might be different on the given nights but basically if the arena was supposed to be used for hockey that night, it will be.

Hockey!

Very simply put, if you let them torture you and run back like sheep the minute they decide to come back, you're justifying what they do (and yes I am aware in the grand scheme my money is irrelevant, but it's the only voice I got), and it's the only legit form of protest you got....walking out of a game is cute, but you already paid them so they won't care, I will probably still get CI (unless they have the balls to charge the full price for it), but you either speak with your wallet, or get the same again in eight years :P

I understand if they kept your STH money hostage that's different.....but aside of that there's no reason to spend a damn dime on this league this year.....

I hope you're right. Did anyone see anywhere when they are going to announce the schedule?

Very simply put, if you let them torture you and run back like sheep the minute they decide to come back, you're justifying what they do (and yes I am aware in the grand scheme my money is irrelevant, but it's the only voice I got), and it's the only legit form of protest you got....walking out of a game is cute, but you already paid them so they won't care, I will probably still get CI (unless they have the balls to charge the full price for it), but you either speak with your wallet, or get the same again in eight years :P

I understand if they kept your STH money hostage that's different.....but aside of that there's no reason to spend a damn dime on this league this year.....

Sorry Crash, but I think 90 percent of the NJDevs community feels differently. Anyone who spends time on a hockey forum is clearly hooked

Sorry Crash, but I think 90 percent of the NJDevs community feels differently. Anyone who spends time on a hockey forum is clearly hooked

Then don't complain in eight years when they lock out AGAIN :P

And you can be hooked on hockey and still not the NHL's bitch......there's PLENTY of hockey out there aside of those asshats.....

The NBA offered its 'all the games' package for free last year and I expect the NHL to do the same.

As I see it, they're going to do it in ten years regardless of what you do now, so if you enjoy hockey, enjoy it - if you're disgusted by the process enough that you can't watch a game without thinking of what happened, feel free to not watch/not pay for it.

That's the thing...'many' diehards are STH's to begin with. Plus protesting isn't as simple as 'only' deciding to go or not to go. You can go, and not spend money on concessions/buy any new merchandise like jerseys, shirts, NHL13, etc. You can find free, crappy, illegal streams on the Internet instead of paying for Center Ice. It can even be something as small as me buying a Mets calendar yesterday instead of waiting for the lockout to end and getting a Devils one. And STH's can sell more games/go to fewer for a while. You can protest and still support a product you like at the same time.

Plus let's be honest, how many people really watch every minute of all 82 games? If you do that then fine, you have a right to feel violated when they're not around but it's a little hypocritical of me to be up in arms over them missing 32-34 games when it's not like I block out my whole life to watch every minute of every regular season game in January to begin with. I go to about 2/3 of the home games, I probably do watch most of them other than the West Coast games and a few other assorted ones.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Then don't complain in eight years when they lock out AGAIN :P

And you can be hooked on hockey and still not the NHL's bitch......there's PLENTY of hockey out there aside of those asshats.....

Haha I know. I've been following the Ahl and Jr leagues more. It's just nice to have the best of the best

The NBA offered its 'all the games' package for free last year and I expect the NHL to do the same.

As I see it, they're going to do it in ten years regardless of what you do now, so if you enjoy hockey, enjoy it - if you're disgusted by the process enough that you can't watch a game without thinking of what happened, feel free to not watch/not pay for it.

I thought LeBrun said already they couldn't, something to do with local broadcast rights?

They better at least discount the darn thing and offer it (Gamecenter) on computers for free.

I thought LeBrun said already they couldn't, something to do with local broadcast rights?

They better at least discount the darn thing and offer it (Gamecenter) on computers for free.

The local teams, Devils, Rangers and Islanders and nbc and nbc sports netwowrk games would still be blacked out on the center ice channels but the rest of the games would still be available.

I'm happy the lockout is over, especially for the growth of the game and the local businesses depending on games. However, I won't get real emotionally vested into the NHL again until next season (2013-2014) because I'm just turned off too much after the whole lockout to get into a fake 48 game season. Will still keep up on the devs this shortened season to see how our team develops though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.