Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

Excellent point.

Losing Langs doesn't help re-sign Parise.

I know Lemaire wanted to make White the Captain last year.

Making an attempt at re-signing Parise right now would be a very prudent decision especially if we have the cap space. If we lock up Parise now we don't have to be distracted by it in the summer, leaving more time to go out and sign new players and work out some decent trades. That is unless you want a debacle like last off season with the whole Kovy thing.

lol, fvck the stars, if they sign before july 1st, we get the second round anyway.

but if he signs with them after july 1st, we have to send them our 2012 3rd... thats the first part of this move i'll agree is dumb

cause if you give him the choice, you know he'll wait the extra time just to screw us some more.

Better re-sign Parise now before Lou deals him for a conditional 2nd round pick.

I'm at < 50% that he will re-sign here. IIRC, we'll have him for next year because he's RFA (or we'll get picks if he signs an offer sheet)

But I'm pretty sure #s 15 and 9 are both available for the 2012-2013 season

Edited by BlueSkirt

Excellent point.

Losing Langs doesn't help re-sign Parise.

I know Lemaire wanted to make White the Captain last year.

You're twisting the facts and you fvcking know it. He wanted to give White the "C" in Carolina when Jamie was going to be a healthy scratch to get him some rest for the playoffs. Huge difference. Stop acting like you know what's going on inside that locker room, you know as much as I do.

Edited by RSC

I'm sorry I was responding to your original post. It sounded like we were forfeiting our 1st round pick this year.

gotcha, i was just stating having an extra 2nd rounder at some point would be better, especially knowing we'll loose a 1st in the next 4 years.

but we still get a second round pick, so i guess we are getting a second round pick no matter what the scenario, except after july 1 costs us a bit.

yeah, but if we have to give up a 3rd to get the 2nd on top of langs, its a hit against this move.

Making an attempt at re-signing Parise right now would be a very prudent decision especially if we have the cap space. If we lock up Parise now we don't have to be distracted by it in the summer, leaving more time to go out and sign new players and work out some decent trades. That is unless you want a debacle like last off season with the whole Kovy thing.

I would agree, but I am not too sure that Parise wants to stay here now. The other factor is that Lou typically waits until the last minute and invites players to test the market and assess his budget.

Parise is in the driver's seat and him hiring a new agent doesn't help. Would not be surprised if he signed a 1-year deal and went UFA.

You're twisting the facts and you fvcking know it. He wanted to give White the "C" in Carolina when Jamie was going to be a healthy scratch to get him some rest for the playoffs. Huge difference. Stop acting like you know what's going on inside that locker room, you know as much as I do.

He did that to piss Jamie off and it worked. The fact that White was his first choice instead of Parise, Elias, etc. was more the point.

I would agree, but I am not too sure that Parise wants to stay here now. The other factor is that Lou typically waits until the last minute and invites players to test the market and assess his budget.

Parise is in the driver's seat and him hiring a new agent doesn't help. Would not be surprised if he signed a 1-year deal and went UFA.

Well then Zachy's going to have to accept that his wubie is gone and be a big boy about it. They can still be friends on Facebook.

If Zach signs a 1 year and goes UFA that would be a mistake of epic proportions on Lou's part.

Well then Zachy's going to have to accept that his wubie is gone and be a big boy about it. They can still be friends on Facebook.

If Zach signs a 1 year and goes UFA that would be a mistake of epic proportions on Lou's part.

Again, the ball is in Zach's court. I don't think he would hire a new agent if he had intentions of re-signing here.

If am his new agent, I see this as Zach's biggest opportunity to make the big bucks and go to a contender.

Langenbrunner was going to be a UFA, so unless the Devils re-signed him his salary wouldn't hinder the signing of Parise.

I meant trying to sign him right now, or as soon as possible, before teams can offer anything to Parise when he becomes RFA