Devils and Newark complete arena deal.

ghdi

Right. But if you're in the lounge you can bring them down to that lounge sections seats (sections 7,8,9,18,19,20)

I believe 2 seasons ago. There is a sign outside the goal bar with an arrow pointing up saying open to the public. I think they wanted to keep it quiet so it doesn't become too crowded up there....Not really sure.

I could have sworn that during the 2011-12 I was thrown out of the Goal Bar by security and ushers there a few minutes before the game started saying it is only for those who have tickets there.

The Ticket Tax is obnoxious... why does every agreement in government mean more taxes?

Because the Devils are getting more services out of the deal?  Given Newark's return on the arena, season ticket holders should feel lucky there aren't more taxes.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Very good news for the franchise.

Here are the bullet points:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/06/devils_newark_sign_off_on_arena_deal.html

The bad news is that 1.37% tax as that will only increase ticket prices.

I thought this happened months ago? Or is this just it being finalized?

I could have sworn that during the 2011-12 I was thrown out of the Goal Bar by security and ushers there a few minutes before the game started saying it is only for those who have tickets there.

Goal bar is open before and after game to all, during game it's just for those with certain tickets. I forget which sections you need to have tickets in though.

Edited by ATLL765

Because the Devils are getting more services out of the deal?  Given Newark's return on the arena, season ticket holders should feel lucky there aren't more taxes.

Few things:  if you've traveled through any of the Hudson river crossings you already paid to help build the arena, since Newark used its share of Port Authority funds to pay for its share of the arena.  (Newark itself also has a pretty low tax base to begin with).  Also, it's not just Devils season ticket holders that pay this tax.  It's a tax on all tickets sold in the primary market for all events. 

Ultimately though, if you don't like it, don't go to the games or concerts.  And I would imagine that the tax is implicitly worked into the face price of the tickets to begin with.  So with or without it, you'd end up paying about the same amount for a ticket.  This is especially the case if you buy tickets on stubhub. 

Goal bar is open before and after game to all, during game it's just for those with certain tickets. I forget which sections you need to have tickets in though.

According to Vic that policy changed a season or 2 ago and now anyone can go there during the game.

No, you can't, unless this policy has changed.  You can bring beer and that's it.

I think 4 seasons ago you couldn't. The last 3 seasons that policy changed. So if you have seats in section 8 and you buy a jack and coke you can bring it to your seats

the policy is no hard alcohol to the seats. you can bring beer and wine. they're not giving you a hard time with your jack and coke because they think it's a coke or they're not paying attention.

No, you can't, unless this policy has changed. You can bring beer and that's it.

I think 4 seasons ago you couldn't. The last 3 seasons that policy changed. So if you have seats in section 8 and you buy a jack and coke you can bring it to your seats

So you can only bring mixed drinks out of the Goal Bar if you have access to the lounges (or any other location with hard liquor sold in it)? Edited by Colin226

Few things:  if you've traveled through any of the Hudson river crossings you already paid to help build the arena, since Newark used its share of Port Authority funds to pay for its share of the arena.  (Newark itself also has a pretty low tax base to begin with).  Also, it's not just Devils season ticket holders that pay this tax.  It's a tax on all tickets sold in the primary market for all events. 

Ultimately though, if you don't like it, don't go to the games or concerts.  And I would imagine that the tax is implicitly worked into the face price of the tickets to begin with.  So with or without it, you'd end up paying about the same amount for a ticket.  This is especially the case if you buy tickets on stubhub. 

Also, i dont believe JVB even had to negotiate with Newark. The arbitration process went his way. What were they even negotiating this time around? Ceding a ticket tax to Newark seems like a gesture of goodwill to Booker. And dont call it a ticket tax. Call it what it is - a 'we screwed up our end of the deal, so we need to screw the patrons-tax'.

the policy is no hard alcohol to the seats. you can bring beer and wine. they're not giving you a hard time with your jack and coke because they think it's a coke or they're not paying attention.

lol

So you can only bring mixed drinks out of the Goal Bar if you have access to the lounges (or any other location with hard liquor sold in it)?

no. it has to be consumed in the goal bar. same if youre seats are the ice lounge but youre drinking in te fire lounge. you cant leave until you finished

No. Just happened yesterday. I believe months ago it got sent to arbitration. Im not entirely sure of the timeline, but this was just finalized.

I agree about the giant screen on the outside.  It often takes a couple seconds to make out what they are showing just so that the interior sightlines are not compromised.  The best part?  It is for sightlines in an area people barely walk in! 

The Devils Alley "pub" has not been open at all this past season and not sure if it was even open at all last year as well.  At one of the last games this past season I had a group of fans come up to me in line at a beer stand nearby to ask where the Devils Alley Pub is as they saw the signs for it and thought it was like a real bar or restaurant inside the arena.  I had to tell them that it hasnt opened in some time and that it really isnt a "bar" but just another glorified beer stand.  They were then disappointed further when I told them that none of the bars/lounges in the arena are open to the general public unless you have a ticket for it except the Goal bar that is open before and after the game to ticket holders not seated there.

I'll say it once and I will say it again.  While the Devils have improved their PR a bit the last few years, they are still pretty sh!tty overall.

Um, the restaurant bar is open to the public and it's probably the largest bar in the building.