Your Thoughts About: #5 Adam Larsson

Derlique

One of the few bright spots during the 2014-15 season. Actually played pretty well under DeBoer but got more opportunity under Hydra. Was a ton more confident than in previous years. Seemed to improve his foot speed, as he wasn't getting beaten wide as often. Was finally showing more of what made him a top prospect. He handled 20+ minutes easily, which is awesome to see. Can never have enough minute munchers.

Of course he got that big contract a week ago. I think it was a good gamble. As of now, he's a solid second pairing guy. If he improves even a little bit (speed, shot, joining the rush) contract will be a steal. If he gets solid PP time, I think he can eclipse 30 points, while anchoring the PK with Greene.

Tomorrow will be #6 Andy Greene

Edited by SMantzas

Jury is still out. Calculated risk by Shero.

Adam should buy Hedman dinner.

I personally still think his skating holds him back from being what most hope he can be. I look at Sevreson and then Adam, and they seem light years apart in ability and confidence. Also, not sure how not having the carrot dangled in front of Adam will effect his play. Could be bad could be good.

Edited by hystyk28

The Hedman comparisons are lazy just like lidstrom comparisons.

He's not as fluid a skater but uses his body correctly and still has great vision and passing skills. If he can get his shot off faster than a full showing of the Godfather trilogy, he could be a consistent 35-40 point defenseman.

Skating won't be an issue so long as he can anticipate the play.  He's shown that ability.  Biggest thing he managed last season was not being a recipient of a huge hit a night or thereabouts - opposing forwards were no longer teeing off on him.  I imagine this helped his body.  I had serious concerns about him being able to stand up to an NHL season if he was going to continue to take that abuse - there was just no way there weren't a lot of concussions in his future.

He's a good defenseman.  I still don't anticipate a huge increase in offense - I think he'll get PP time and that'll keep him where he was last year.

Edited by Triumph

The Hedman comparisons are lazy just like lidstrom comparisons.

Right lazy. A high touted Swedish defenseman drafted in the top 10 that didn't develop right away, yup lazy. Anyone comparing Larsson or any young defenseman for that matter to Lidstrom should be banned from watching hockey.

Right lazy. A high touted Swedish defenseman drafted in the top 10 that didn't develop right away, yup lazy. Anyone comparing Larsson or any young defenseman for that matter to Lidstrom should be banned from watching hockey.

It's very lazy because Hedman's ice time increased in each of his first 3 years.  He was 2nd on his team in ice time his 3rd year.  He was also given very difficult ice time.  Now Tampa has reversed that, they're using Hedman in more offensive situations.

Defense is the hardest position to adapt to at the NHL level. He has the vision, skating ability and smarts to be a franchise type player in the next 3-5 years.

Still not sold on his skating ability. Skates forward well but is still slow moving laterally and regulating his speed when going backwards.

I think he's improved on both of those so I hope that continues.

Still not sold on his skating ability. Skates forward well but is still slow moving laterally and regulating his speed when going backwards.

I think he's improved on both of those so I hope that continues.

He tends to angle skate opposition players out of position better than most, which I like.   I was hoping he was going to add the Hip Check to his arsenal last season.

I hope he continues to growth and develop his game as well.   I love what I see thus far, and I am enthusiastic about his future here.