Kovalchuk jersey

schneidpants

I might just make mine a Sykora somehow...I am ashamed of myself for not going for an Elias but what can I say I was pretty excited when we signed Kovalchuk. He was one of my favorite non-Devils so I guess that clouded my judgement. I already have the requisite Marty so I will now be getting my Elias....sorry Patty, Ill never betray you again for Russian scum

Langenbrunner's the only jersey I have that I regret (I have an Elias and a Madden too). It takes me awhile to get a jersey, so I usually don't get blindsided. I don't get rid of the Langs, because I have enough fond memories of him, but I also won't wear it, because I haven't forgiven him for his last year. I think the next I get is Dano. 

He never played when the colors were green and red.  Might be difficult to find.  Good luck. :)

True, but he has played in games where the Devils wore green and red as throwbacks, making a Reebok green and red throwback easier to find, if he might fancy that.

Besides the NHL Store in NYC does anyone know where I can pick up a Green and Red Devils jersey? The Devils Den didn't have them this year.

J&S Sports gallery in Franklin lakes had a bunch when I was there last about a month ago. They had them priced at $130 but their jerseys and clothing are always 20% off so it's $104 plus tax. They are blank but those are the legit CCM series and not the fake ones sporksk sells.

True, but he has played in games where the Devils wore green and red as throwbacks, making a Reebok green and red throwback easier to find, if he might fancy that.

The only reebok throwbacks are the authentic ones with the fight strap and those are hard to find these days. 99% of the reebok throwbacks you see people wear are sh!tty-ass looking counterfeits.

He never played when the colors were green and red.  Might be difficult to find.  Good luck. :)

just because elias never played when the team wore retro colors doesnt mean that you cant buy a retro jersey and have his name and number put on it?

Are you asking a question or making a statement?  btw there was nothing inflammatory in my post.

Yes, could have Reebok make one.  All my sweaters are CCM.  I don't care for the Reebok ones.  If looking for an original, I doubt anyone would find an original red/green one with Elias 26.  :)

Edited by StarDew

I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. My jersey is a really nice stitched one. I'll take it there tomorrow and see what they can do.

NHL store does in store customization as well as outsourcing to a vendor. The in-store is generally crappy heat pressed but with lettering that looks like it is stitched instead of the fake plastic lettering used by NHL.com

They also do upon request send the jerseys out to be stitched and they use Arena Wear. They usually turn those around in a couple of weeks but the font they use is completely incorrect so I would not recommend them. I would recommend the NHL store for rangers jerseys because they use arena wear for their on-ice jerseys so those would come out spot on. For us devils fans it just makes for better kindling.

NHL store does in store customization as well as outsourcing to a vendor. The in-store is generally crappy heat pressed but with lettering that looks like it is stitched instead of the fake plastic lettering used by NHL.com

They also do upon request send the jerseys out to be stitched and they use Arena Wear. They usually turn those around in a couple of weeks but the font they use is completely incorrect so I would not recommend them. I would recommend the NHL store for rangers jerseys because they use arena wear for their on-ice jerseys so those would come out spot on. For us devils fans it just makes for better kindling.

Any suggestions on where I should take it then? 

Any suggestions on where I should take it then?

Exclusive pro can do it but If you are doing more than a nameplate change it will be around $60-90 for stripping and new lettering and not counting shipping.

Is your jersey stitched on? Where did you get it done originally?

I think I'll have my Kovy changed to Sykora and keep the 17. I wonder if they will give 17 to one of the new guys? You never know with the Devs, waste not want not and all that!

Exclusive pro can do it but If you are doing more than a nameplate change it will be around $60-90 for stripping and new lettering and not counting shipping.

Is your jersey stitched on? Where did you get it done originally?

I got it from Sports Express in the Livingston Mall. The store is now out of business. Yes the jersey is stitched on. If anybody was planning on going to the NHL store in NYC, don't bother. They will not change any nameplate and number on a stitched jersey because they do not want to risk ripping the jersey.

I got it from Sports Express in the Livingston Mall. The store is now out of business. Yes the jersey is stitched on. If anybody was planning on going to the NHL store in NYC, don't bother. They will not change any nameplate and number on a stitched jersey because they do not want to risk ripping the jersey.

Stripping a jersey is not an exact science.  EPS will do it, but they will not guarantee the results.  The best outcome that can happen is if you are keeping the number, but just swapping the nameplate.  Even jerseys that are stitched on use at least some glue on them prior to them to being sewn-on.  You might be able to get the stitching off pretty cleanly but then getting the glue residue off can be another story with varying levels of success.

If anybody is looking to get a jersey changed, I found a place that does a good job and it's not too expensive. ED K Sports Plus in Whippany will do it for 75 dollars. They charge 25 to strip the old nameplate and number and then 50 to put on new nameplate and number. The 50 is for pro stitching, they also offer to press it on for less. You can also obviously just pay the 25 and have a blank jersey.