All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Again those replicas for $100 are the CCM ones. I am looking for Reebok edge ones. They are 250 on icejerseys. Do you have the 250 one? If so I will give you 35 for it:) that is how much I really care if it is official or not.

Yes, I have one, and no, I will not sell it for $35. That's how much I care if you look like a stupid ass in your fake jersey.

Haha I have seen hundreds wear those fakes at games and they are decent. I do not know why you are resorting to name calling now. How insecure are you about some lousy jersey? If it was game worn I can see spending so much on a jersey but just buying one at a retail store for 250 is silly. Seems like some people love to equate fanaticism of the devils with how much money you spend on their merchandise.

Haha I have seen hundreds wear those fakes at games and they are decent. I do not know why you are resorting to name calling now. How insecure are you about some lousy jersey? If it was game worn I can see spending so much on a jersey but just buying one at a retail store for 250 is silly. Seems like some people love to equate fanaticism of the devils with how much money you spend on their merchandise.

It has nothing to do with insecurity...they just look awful. You can say spending $250 is silly all you want, but you get what you pay for in terms of the quality.

I know they are not perfect in any sense and I get what I pay for. But I think you do have to agree at least the knockoffs do have better lettering than from nhl.com

No one suggested to purchase the lettering from NHL.com. This thread has MANY places to get better lettering than NHL.com.

NHL.com is bad quality but at least they almost always have the right font. Although you can just get the right font and properly sewn on for only $55 bucks or so from Exclusive Pro. The knockoffs never have the right fonts and the shade of green is usually off, that's why I agree that they look ridiculous. I also agree that $250 for a non game-worn jersey is ridiculous, which is why I searched on eBay for a jersey that is actually from that era. It is a fraction of the cost and is as accurate as can be as long as I get it customized by a reputable customizer.

Edited by devilsfan26

NHL.com is bad quality but at least they almost always have the right font. Although you can just get the right font and properly sewn on for only $55 bucks or so from Exclusive Pro. The knockoffs never have the right fonts and the shade of green is usually off, that's why I agree that they look ridiculous. I also agree that $250 for a non game-worn jersey is ridiculous, which is why I searched on eBay for a jersey that is actually from that era. It is a fraction of the cost and is as accurate as can be as long as I get it customized by a reputable customizer.

Yes NHL.com has the font right, but usually it is heat-pressed on and the numbers are not even made out of twill, but instead some plastic/twill hybrid where the stitching is drawn on. The knockoffs may not have the exact font down but at least it is pretty damn close and I will put up with a couple of errant stitches and crooked letters than ironed-on drawn-on stitching.

Fact of the matter is right now I do not have anything close to $250 to spend on a real one, and do not want to spend another $150 on a replica. If you want to be really critical, the "official" CCM replicas do not have the correct green color as it is too dark than what the Devils used to wear. Yeah I mean I have a knockoff Kovy red jersey and it is nowhere near perfect (crooked stitiching, lesser quality materials, incorrect shade of red, numbers on the sleeves are wrong size) but at least it is stitched-on and it was CHEAP. I have a mortgage and bills to pay so it is either a $250 authentic that I can brag about on here and impress literally tens of people at the Rock that I will most likely never see again or I can buy food for the entire month and pay some bills. I choose the latter at this moment. I have 10 jerseys in my current collection, and 9 are official jerseys and 1 is a knockoff. Since I moved to my new place, I have gotten 2 new ones to my collection. One is a River Rats that I got for $50. Guess which other jersey is the only jersey I have gotten since I moved to my new place?

One thing I care about is I have a Langs Edge that was from a site that either had blank jerseys or the star players, no custom. Everything is great EXCEPT you can tell the name plate is off. The letters are too narrow. They are sewn to the stripof fabric and then the fabric to the jersey but the letters are wrong, so was the C on the front. The numbers were good though. If I'm going to pay good money for a jersey, I want it to look right. Anyone know of any local brick and mortar stores besides the chains or Devils Den where they'd have, say a Kovy Edge all made up already? I'd prefer not to custom order but not going to do this til summer when it's off season and prices may be cheaper...

I can see both sides. I would prefer to have a jersey that looks as close to the real thing as possible, but I too don't have 250.00 to blow away on a jersey. I have two jerseys. An Edge replica Brodeur I bought at Models and a practice jersey the Devils gave away at a blood drive 2 years ago. I really want an xmas tree Brodeur, but will not shell out big bucks for it, nor will I buy a cheap looking knockoff. But I will say this, if I found a knockoff that looked just as good as the 250.00 authentic, I'd buy it.

Mike

My two cents:

I have a stitched authentic Starter jersey and a 35 dollar stitched knockoff jersey. The numbers and font on the knockoff are correct and are stitched (much better than heat pressed sh!t) but the material on the number is different, I can tell that much. The logo is accurate, but the material is also different (similar to the Starter material, much different than the heat pressed RBK material). The colors/stripes are on the money, the issue is the white stripe is not thick enough.

But I play hockey in mine and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a stitched authentic rbk and I'm supporting my name, so I'm fine with it.

Edited by msweet
name calling

Yes NHL.com has the font right, but usually it is heat-pressed on and the numbers are not even made out of twill, but instead some plastic/twill hybrid where the stitching is drawn on. The knockoffs may not have the exact font down but at least it is pretty damn close and I will put up with a couple of errant stitches and crooked letters than ironed-on drawn-on stitching.

Fact of the matter is right now I do not have anything close to $250 to spend on a real one, and do not want to spend another $150 on a replica. If you want to be really critical, the "official" CCM replicas do not have the correct green color as it is too dark than what the Devils used to wear. Yeah I mean I have a knockoff Kovy red jersey and it is nowhere near perfect (crooked stitiching, lesser quality materials, incorrect shade of red, numbers on the sleeves are wrong size) but at least it is stitched-on and it was CHEAP. I have a mortgage and bills to pay so it is either a $250 authentic that I can brag about on here and impress literally tens of people at the Rock that I will most likely never see again or I can buy food for the entire month and pay some bills. I choose the latter at this moment. I have 10 jerseys in my current collection, and 9 are official jerseys and 1 is a knockoff. Since I moved to my new place, I have gotten 2 new ones to my collection. One is a River Rats that I got for $50. Guess which other jersey is the only jersey I have gotten since I moved to my new place?

I agree that NHL.com sucks, but so do the knockoffs. You can send a jersey to Exclusive Pro and get it done with 100% accuracy and stitched on just like the on-ice jerseys at a very affordable rate.

As for the jersey itself, people always say they don't have $250 to spend on a jersey. Well neither do I and I don't own one knockoff jersey. You can get a Devils jersey that was actually made in the red and green era on eBay for like $50-100. It looks as accurate as possible with regards to logo, colors, etc, and isn't that much more than a knockoff but is nowhere near the $250 Edge authentics, which I agree is an absurd price.

I agree that NHL.com sucks, but so do the knockoffs. You can send a jersey to Exclusive Pro and get it done with 100% accuracy and stitched on just like the on-ice jerseys at a very affordable rate.

As for the jersey itself, people always say they don't have $250 to spend on a jersey. Well neither do I and I don't own one knockoff jersey. You can get a Devils jersey that was actually made in the red and green era on eBay for like $50-100. It looks as accurate as possible with regards to logo, colors, etc, and isn't that much more than a knockoff but is nowhere near the $250 Edge authentics, which I agree is an absurd price.

I can see where you are coming from and I am glad you are offering a constructive opinion. Right now financially, I cannot spend even $100 all-together with the stitching and jersey combined. The most I can spend right now is about $50 total, which leaves me few options This is where the knock-offs come in. I do not think the knock-offs are that bad, and honestly they look better than some of the "official" stuff I have seen in the past and like I said even the official CCM throwbacks are using the wrong shade of green on their jerseys if you want to split hairs. I have rarely seen a jersey that is perfect unless you get a game-worn from Meigrey, and that is totally out of the question for me.

I have been trying to find the red and greens on ebay for a good price and failed time and time again. How do you find them?

Mike

I have been trying to find the red and greens on ebay for a good price and failed time and time again. How do you find them?

Mike

That's the thing, they usually are not on eBay at a good price. People just assume it is on there because quite frankly a lot of stuff is on ebay and assume it is there at a good price. Cheapest for the throwback jersey that I can find on ebay now with no name is $85. Include shipping and you are only paying slightly less than at a brick and mortar store.

A little more than a year ago, ebay had a flood of knockoff Colorado Rockies jerseys up for bid at around $20-$50 each. In the next couple of months after I saw a flood of people wearing them at the arena. I do buy knockoffs but these were particularly bad as the stripes were off and the Mountian on the front were of all different shapes and sizes from jersey to jersey and looked ridiculous.

Mike

I just search for Devils vintage jersey and Devils throwback jersey. There isn't always one up for sale, but usually the wait isn't that long. What size are you looking for?

I've bought three over the past year and the most expensive was a little over $100, one of them was around $70, and the other was only about $35. Of course there is always some luck involved, if nobody else wants it as much as you do then you get it for a great deal, but sometimes just two people can drive up the price.

Edited by devilsfan26

I'm looking for a plain in xl. I want to customize it to a Brodeur #29. I found the 75th NHL anniversery patch on ebay so I can buy that and send it off with the jersey to get the letting done at a reputable place that I have seen recommended here.

Mike

Well, I just called NHL Shop and was told they are expecting more Xmas jerseys in on 3/5. I'll order mine then and send it off to get it cusomized.

The rep actually told me that they sew on the letters if I was to customize it, but I'm not sure I trust that.

Mike

Well, I just called NHL Shop and was told they are expecting more Xmas jerseys in on 3/5. I'll order mine then and send it off to get it cusomized.

The rep actually told me that they sew on the letters if I was to customize it, but I'm not sure I trust that.

Mike

NHL Shop in New York is a mixed bag. You can either get it heat-pressed and have it in about an hour, or they can send it out and have it sewn on, but there are pitfalls for each method from the NHL Store.

If you choose heat-pressed, it does look like it is stitched on, the font is correct, and so is the coloring and size of the letters. The drawback is that it is heat-pressed on, so it might feel like you have a piece of cardboard attached to the back of your jersey.

If you get it sent out to have it stitched, then be careful as someone last year had it sent out from the NHL store and had it stitched with Clarkson on the back and the lettering was obviously the wrong font.

So really pick your poison about that place and just be careful.

Thanks for the advice. What I'm probably going to do is have them send it to me, then I'll go back and look at some of the previous posts about where to send the jersey for lettering and investigate. Then I have to still pick up a 75th NHL Anniversery patch to go along with it and I think there was another patch in the back of the jersey.

Mike

Thanks for the advice. What I'm probably going to do is have them send it to me, then I'll go back and look at some of the previous posts about where to send the jersey for lettering and investigate. Then I have to still pick up a 75th NHL Anniversery patch to go along with it and I think there was another patch in the back of the jersey.

Mike

No problem and as for lettering, best place is Exclusive Pro. They are usually about $50 and they are the ones that does the actual Devils players jerseys. A good tip is to also send a photo of what you want exactly (as in a game photo of the player you want showing his name on the back clearly) when sending it in as they can match it perfectly then. Website is www.exclusivepro.com

I'm looking for a plain in xl. I want to customize it to a Brodeur #29. I found the 75th NHL anniversery patch on ebay so I can buy that and send it off with the jersey to get the letting done at a reputable place that I have seen recommended here.

Mike

I have a red XL jersey from that era (not a new remake) that I would be willing to sell. I'm not 100% sure that the customization would fit properly since the stripes are pretty high up. From eyeballing it, it looks like it could but I'm not sure. That's not the reason I'm selling it though, it's an air-knit jersey and I decided I'd rather have an ultrafil (replicas were made in both styles at the same time back then). Let me know!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.