Tallinder in For Harrold Game 4

sundstrom

I can't say I agree with this move. Harrold has been pretty good and is certainly not a reason the Devils are losing. He's put shots on net and has skated the puck out of the zone well. He's been on PP2 (for what that's worth) and is a RH shot. Tallinder is none of these things (although he was the Devils best defenseman before he went down).

If they feel Harrold has been getting manhandled by larger Kings players, then Tallinder is the better play here.

Still, I'm not convinced.

I can't disagree with this move. For one, Harrold is always liable to make a mistake, I'm always worried.

And the PP Harrold is on has been pretty awful so it's not like we're really disrupting much

Why not, change it up

Not digging it either. He's been out for too long to be skating at full speed, IMO

If PDB put him in, I think I can trust that he's at game speed.

Jj and zajac were when he added them to the lineup

If you're going to go down, go down with your best players dressed. As said, Tallinder was the team's best, most consistent defenseman before the blood clot. He's been practicing for an extended period now...there's no reason to keep him out of the lineup.

In Harrold's defense, he's played way above expectations, but somebody has to come out to make room. He's the logical choice.

PDB may be sending a very strong subliminal message that he feels the reality of this series being "OVER," and by playing Tallinder he is attempting to win over the heart and souls of future veterans and future free agents (like Zach and Bryce) that their contributions will NOT go unnoticed and that veterans are respected within the NJD organization.

Besides the fact that Harrold isn't a player that can make the difference in a game.

It's confirmed: we are getting swept.

Harold has been our best defensemen and at time he shows flashes of potential Nieds like abililty.

Tallinder is an average player at best even when he is healthy.

Harold has been our best defensemen and at time he shows flashes of potential Nieds like abililty.

Dude...you're going to say that Tallinder is average at best and then mention Harrold in the same sentence as Nieds!?!?!?

• Like 1

I like the move. Harrold has been good so far, but Tallinder was a very good D-man for us this season. And having sat up in the box the entire playoffs, seeing how everything has unfolded, I bet he has been chomping at the bit to get in there and play. It might help.

Tallinder has a four-year, $13.5 million contract

Harrold is at $105,000 in the AHL, and $550,000 in the NHL.

Let's give LL a bit more credit than that, he did not sign Tallinder to this deal for an 'average player at best, only when healthy'

Tallinder has a four-year, $13.5 million contract

Harrold is at $105,000 in the AHL, and $550,000 in the NHL.

Let's give LL a bit more credit than that, he did not sign Tallinder to this deal for an 'average player at best, only when healthy'

No, he signed him in a panic after Martin bolted for Pittsburgh.

So, based on his contract and NOT his play, Harrold should sit?

tallinder should be fairly fresh, he can bring the puck out from behind the net, it might take him one more stride to get up to full speed (than harrold)but he's quick enough and confident carrying it. Sykora's snipe gets him one more game, and well deserved for his contributions this year. good luck boys

No, he signed him in a panic after Martin bolted for Pittsburgh.

So, based on his contract and NOT his play, Harrold should sit?

Not at all, I'm simply disputing your statement that Tallinder is 'average at best'.

The coach knows about who should play & sit, not me.

Dude...you're going to say that Tallinder is average at best and then mention Harrold in the same sentence as Nieds!?!?!?

Did you actually read what I wrote???? I did not say he was "Nieds" I used terms likes "flashes" "potential" and "at times" to describe his very promising play. We need offense, which Tallinder does not deliver as well.

Not at all, I'm simply disputing your statement that Tallinder is 'average at best'.

The coach knows about who should play & sit, not me.

This is just giving Tallinder a chance to play in the finals, not about winning.

Tallinder is average at best. He was fortunate to hit the UFA market when he did.

I don't like the exchange. Harrold has played great and deserves to play. Hank was somewhat shaky during the season at times now he hasn't played in months and he is getting thrown into a SCF elimination game for his first one back.

Exactly my point.

Potential isn't really something that should be discussed with Harrold. He's almost 30. He is what he is.

Tallinder is just a better defenseman than Harrold. If nothing else, putting Tallinder in the lineup is addition by subtraction in that you can give Tally some of the minutes Zidlicky's been given too many of.