Loktionov agrees to 1 year deal - Chere

ghdi

I think we all know Lokti was only traded due to the Russian factor so the question to Lou may have been phrased from that direction.

Didn't he request to be traded because he wasn't happy that they didn't bother to petition to get his name on the Stanley Cup, but they did so for Kevin Westgarth and Davis Drewiske?  Loktionov played in 39 regular season games and 2 playoff games, Westgarth played in 25, and Drewiske played in 9.  Also it seems apparent that Lombardi isn't a big fan of the European players, he only has two on his entire roster--Kopitar and Voynov.

Didn't he request to be traded because he wasn't happy that they didn't bother to petition to get his name on the Stanley Cup, but they did so for Kevin Westgarth and Davis Drewiske?  Loktionov played in 39 regular season games and 2 playoff games, Westgarth played in 25, and Drewiske played in 9.  Also it seems apparent that Lombardi isn't a big fan of the European players, he only has two on his entire roster--Kopitar and Voynov.

Wow I didn't even know that. That's pretty scummy on Lombardi's part.

I think it's funny that when Lou is asked about other FA's he says nothing is done until its done, but then this whole article is about a resigning that isn't officially done either.

So wait, is he actually signed now? That article didnt say anything that we previously didnt know. Also it's not on cap geek yet and they are pretty fast when putting up the numbers. I will wait until there is a real announcement with numbers

Sure it did - it was confirmation from Lou's mouth.  And the Devils never reveal numbers and it often takes capgeek days to get the real numbers - Jon Merrill's contract took them a month, for instance. 

Sure it did - it was confirmation from Lou's mouth. And the Devils never reveal numbers and it often takes capgeek days to get the real numbers - Jon Merrill's contract took them a month, for instance.

Alot of these quote I heard last night and the report was that Loki wasn't signed yet but it was "imminent." To me this sounds like Chere jumped the gun a bit. If he was officially signed TG would have said something.

The third paragraph shows that a deal isn't done yet. Lou says they will be getting one done, meaning its not done yet.

Edited by njd3b1ink

Alot of these quote I heard last night and the report was that Loki wasn't signed yet but it was "imminent." To me this sounds like Chere jumped the gun a bit. If he was officially signed TG would have said something.

The third paragraph shows that a deal isn't done yet. Lou says they will be getting one done, meaning its not done yet.

That's basically what the Russian website said too though. Deal imminent, 99% it'll happen, no 100%, no confirmation I've seen. I'd put money on this one though if Lou said something other than "status quo", if he doesn't say that, something must be happening, right?

That's basically what the Russian website said too though. Deal imminent, 99% it'll happen, no 100%, no confirmation I've seen. I'd put money on this one though if Lou said something other than "status quo", if he doesn't say that, something must be happening, right?

I agree that it's going to happen it's just not 100% done yet. The title of the thread makes it sound like the deal is signed and done. Once Lou says that a deal has been reached officially and accurate numbers come out then I will be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great chance for him to show what he can do over an 82-game season.  Hopefully he doesn't fade away like he did towards the end of this past season.

Also, observation:  It's funny how a team's strengths and weaknesses can change so drastically over such a short period of time..I remember when this team had a glutton of talented wingers and lacked capable centers...now it's pretty much the opposite.

Nice! I was expecting more than that, and maybe 2-3 years at least. I have no problem with us paying him more next year, and this 1-year contract will be a good impetus for him to stay humble and battle this year to get the prize. Good on Lou if this is number's true.

Edited by DJ Eco

725K 1 year acc to Capgeek. RFA next year. Pretty good right there. Have high hopes and am rooting for the kid.

Hmmmmm.... anybody have a link? Usually Cap Geek posts one when a guys signs but I don't see any near Lokti's name on the home page. At 725K that's very good. I didn't expect him to get much but I was figuring at least a million.