Usernames-former Ones

eldon

A middle school teach thought my name sounded like "sheepskin" (my last name... it sort of does). So I got AOL that same year. Everybody was calling me "sheeps." I tried out "sheepskin" and "sheeps" as a screenname, both taken. Why not just add a mr?

Some people think it's mrs heeps, but it's not.

I'm pretty much mrsheeps everywhere. If not, then sheeps. On one Flyers board I was DefenderOfNJ. My stay was short-lived.

Oh, and people call me sheeps, or sheepy. That's about it. In "real life," people call me Bill or Bilbo.

My nick came from a friend always calling his team the "Blueshirts" or "Broadway Blueshirts". I guess he thought it was cool or something.

Just to piss him off (which it did real good) I would always refer to them as the "Blueskirts".

And since it's so much fun to dislike the Rags, when I got here I thought well it can't be plural, so just go with Blueskirt.

Only thing is that some may think I'm of the female persuasion, which I am not.

So still thinking of changing my nick, and soon. Maybe when I hit 1000.

My name is sort of my own little political statement on my view of the team and New Jersey. I believe that Newark is the city of New Jersey and that being that the Devils are the team of New Jersey they go together well. Its also my position regarding the Arena question. In my view East Rutherford is to Newark what Kanata and Sunrise are to Ottawa and Miami. The 5 is my favorite number and it looks like an S.

Trenton's the capital and is near dead center of our state, but I don't consider it the city of New Jersey for two key reasons: 1. its not a transit center 2. its not a cultural center. The greatest thing to come out of Trenton in the last century has been Jon Stewart who, while very funny, doesn't compare to the likes of Connie Francis, Whitney Houston, Paul Simon, Shaquille O'Neal, Queen Latifah, or any of the various others. Oh and Newark, Jersey City and Elizabeth make up the core of the most densely populated area of New Jersey with Newark being the center of that core.