Tedenby

ohms law

It wouldn't bother me if either Tedenby, Zharkov, or both play overseas next year if they don't make the team out of camp. The Devils will keep their rights and they'll keep developing.

When was the last time that worked out? Vasyunov went that route... obviously I can't say much about the horrible tragedy that happened... but he'd still be with us if he stayed in NJ. Petr Vrana went back to Europe and he's actually playing well there.... but I can't see him ever coming back.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time that worked out? Vasyunov went that route... obviously I can't say much about the horrible tragedy that happened... but he'd still be with us if he stayed in NJ. Petr Vrana went back to Europe and he's actually playing well there.... but I can't see him ever coming back.

Do we still own Vrana's rights? I remember he looked promising, and then didnt he have a bad injury?

Do we still own Vrana's rights? I remember he looked promising, and then didnt he have a bad injury?

I believe he had broken his leg and lost a lot of time due to that, so it had set him back quite a bit and I guess he just never recovered well enough to make it back to North America.

He needs to bulk up and lift some weights. He's one of my favorite prospects and I even have his Sweden Juniors jersey.. I hope he can improve in the offseason and make it up to the big leagues again.. He's oozing with talent, he'll come around..

Tedenby is a bust. No loss there.

Meh, always kind of sucks when a first-rounder doesn't pan out, even though it's not uncommon. I'm not giving up on him yet, but if I'm the Devils, I definitely plan as though he's not going to be much of a factor at the NHL level...if he does pan out, it will be a pleasant surprise, or at the very least, a trade chip, like Bergfors played just well enough to become.

Meh, always kind of sucks when a first-rounder doesn't pan out, even though it's not uncommon. I'm not giving up on him yet, but if I'm the Devils, I definitely plan as though he's not going to be much of a factor at the NHL level...if he does pan out, it will be a pleasant surprise, or at the very least, a trade chip, like Bergfors played just well enough to become.

I had hopes for him a couple of years back but after seeing him just waste opportunities, skate in circles, and play "I dont give a damn" hockey, I officially started to really dislike the guy. I really hope he would prove me wrong like how Clarkson has this year, but after pretty much falling off the face of the Earth this year I am just done with him.

He's only 22 years old. Yes, he was pretty much useless this year, but some guys have a tough time adjusting and it may just be we're not a good fit for him.

I'd love to see him bust out next year, even if only to drive up his trade value.

It took Gionta (Brian) a bit to get going as well. I'm still holding out hope for Tedenby.

He's only 22 years old. Yes, he was pretty much useless this year, but some guys have a tough time adjusting and it may just be we're not a good fit for him.

I'd love to see him bust out next year, even if only to drive up his trade value.

It took Gionta (Brian) a bit to get going as well. I'm still holding out hope for Tedenby.

Gionta at least got a little better each year. Even when he wasn't scoring goals he was at least engaged on the forecheck and could backcheck pretty well too. Can't really say the same for Tedenby.

I think Tedenby has really high potential. Sure he needs to bulk up and learn defense but the kid has a combo of hands and speed that doesn't come around often. He easily could take the place of a guy like Sykora in the roster in the future.

I don't know why people are giving up on him already.

Gionta also had the luxury of playing with a really great team who were a Cup winner his 2nd year. Tedenby was on a bad team last year and didn't get much of a chance this year. He didnt earn it, but I think that both us and he will be in a better position next year to succeed together. If not, we need to ship him out.

I'm not writing off a guy who has some of the physical tools that Tedenby has at 22. Maybe he never makes it, maybe he really blossoms, nobody knows right now but I do know he can still go in either direction, it's not written in stone that he can't make it.

I'm not writing off a guy who has some of the physical tools that Tedenby has at 22. Maybe he never makes it, maybe he really blossoms, nobody knows right now but I do know he can still go in either direction, it's not written in stone that he can't make it.

Pretty accurate...he's a wild card at this point. The good news is the Devils ultimately didn't need him to contribute this season. Good chance they may not need him next year either.

IDK I still find it amazing how much of a benefit of a doubt this guy gets for doing so little so far with his opportunities.

Why? He's only 22! Not all guys come out of the gates blazing. This year, he sh!t the bed, but he's a smaller guy and has had problems adjusting to the professional game. He played decently in Albany this season too (20 pts in 35 games).

I find it more amazing that people are so easy to give up on the guy so soon.

Edited by ghdi

IDK I still find it amazing how much of a benefit of a doubt this guy gets for doing so little so far with his opportunities.

He was pretty good last year, showed some promise. This year, clearly not. It's not like he's sucked everytime he's been at this level...but can't argue that this wasn't a dreadful season for him...it was.

Why? He's only 22! Not all guys come out of the gates blazing. This year, he sh!t the bed, but he's a smaller guy and has had problems adjusting to the professional game. He played decently in Albany this season too (20 pts in 35 games).

I find it more amazing that people are so easy to give up on the guy so soon.

For a supposed NHL-caliber player those AHL numbers do not impress me.

It didn't look like he had trouble adjusting. It looked like he had fundamental flaws in his game that are not exactly easy to fix. He also looked like he was half-assing it for most of the games he was in this year. Hard to teach motivation to a player that doesn't seem to be.

It didn't look like he had trouble adjusting. It looked like he had fundamental flaws in his game that are not exactly easy to fix. He also looked like he was half-assing it for most of the games he was in this year. Hard to teach motivation to a player that doesn't seem to be.

Eh, AHL numbers rarely tell the story.

For the Albany River Rats back in 2004-05:

73 GP, 18 G, 40 A, -11

That player was Zach Parise. I agree that Tedenby's AHL numbers were nothing to crow about, but guys don't always rip up the AHL on the way to successful NHL careers.

Considering how badly he did here this season, I'd say its absolutely a positive turnaround and thats all we can really ask for in this respect. I also think DeBoer's system messed with his game a lot and thats part of the reason why he struggled so much and seemingly looked like he didnt give a sh!t.

Its just not automatic for some guys, especially Europeans in a new country.

Edited by ghdi

Considering how badly he did here this season, I'd say its absolutely a positive turnaround and thats all we can really ask for in this respect. I also think DeBoer's system messed with his game a lot and thats part of the reason why he struggled so much and seemingly looked like he didnt give a sh!t.

Its just not automatic for some guys, especially Europeans in a new country.

I think you know that statement is silly. If a player cannot adapt to different coaches at least somewhat then he shouldn't be a professional hockey player.

I do hope Tedenby proves me wrong, I just won't hold my breath.

I think you know that statement is silly. If a player cannot adapt to different coaches at least somewhat then he shouldn't be a professional hockey player.

I do hope Tedenby proves me wrong, I just won't hold my breath.

Again, he's 22 and has a lot more adjusting to do than a guy coming from the Canadian juniors and such. It's also a matter of who he was paired with and the fact that his size will always work against him.

I agree in one respect, I'm not holding my breath on his success, but its silly to call him a bust right now. He needs to develop his game some more.

Again, he's 22 and has a lot more adjusting to do than a guy coming from the Canadian juniors and such. It's also a matter of who he was paired with and the fact that his size will always work against him.

I agree in one respect, I'm not holding my breath on his success, but its silly to call him a bust right now. He needs to develop his game some more.

Sign Zuccarello instead. :P