Move Over Panera...There's a New Hot Spot in Town

Neb00rs

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/cory-schneider-to-devils-just-keep-putting-me-out-there-time-to-ride-goalie-for-playoff-push-1.1276705

Schneider credited defenseman Marek Zidlicky with saving a goal with the Devils hanging to a 1-0 lead and 8:59 left in the second period. Joe Vitale had batted the puck out of mid-air in the left circle and it bounced past Schneider's left pad, but Zidlicky was behind him in the crease to swat it away with his stick.

“I didn't really get a good look at it, but it looked like he whacked it away, so I guess I owe him dinner for that now,” Schneider said.

When Cammalleri said after the Devils' 4-2 win over Vancouver on Friday that Schneider owed the team dinner for finally getting his first win over his former team, Schneider joked that he would take his teammates to Red Lobster.

Schneider had a different restaurant chain in mind for Zidlicky's dinner. “Applebee's,” he said.

Edited by Neb00rs

Their happy hour down by me is 2-for-1 which is pretty awesome.  Agreed that their mozz sticks are pretty good too.  I also have an affection for the clubhouse grille.  There's better places to get a steak or even a healthier meal, but for bar food or all-American favorites, I have no problem with Applebees (or Chilis, or Red Lobster, TGIF, etc)

I don't mind chain restaurants. They have a purpose and many times I find them better than a lot of the mom and pop restaurants.

That being said out of all the chains, Applebee's is at the very bottom for me. That also happens to be the only chain restaurant in town. Really wish it was a chilis.

Also like TGIF but they are kinda on my sh!t list now (actually literally). Had a meal there at the somerville circle back in January and that night got extremely sick. Had food poisoning for almost an entire week. Not really clamoring to go back there again.

Edited by DevsMan84

Dude, I highly, HIGHLY recommend it. Not only do I think the food is excellent, but the three of us go there for lunch and its rarely ever more than $30 including tip. We don't drink, which would make it more expensive, but as far as food value for your dollar, its hard to beat.

Only problem is it gets VERY busy. If you go at night or anytime after 12pm on a weekend, you'll probably be waiting for a table for a while.

I told my wife if I am ever on death row, and its not for killing her, that she has to make sure my favorite dish from Jose Tejas is my last meal. 

I told that story to a co-worker who then agreed to be the one who makes sure I get it if I am on death row for killing my wife. So I am all set!

Dude, I highly, HIGHLY recommend it. Not only do I think the food is excellent, but the three of us go there for lunch and its rarely ever more than $30 including tip. We don't drink, which would make it more expensive, but as far as food value for your dollar, its hard to beat.

Only problem is it gets VERY busy. If you go at night or anytime after 12pm on a weekend, you'll probably be waiting for a table for a while.

I told my wife if I am ever on death row, and its not for killing her, that she has to make sure my favorite dish from Jose Tejas is my last meal. 

I told that story to a co-worker who then agreed to be the one who makes sure I get it if I am on death row for killing my wife. So I am all set!

Yeah I've heard from many people about it being a good place.  Every time I pass by it the place is usually pretty busy so I would have to figure to go at a slow time.  Another place to add to my list of places to try out this spring/summer.

Never heard of Jose Tejas, what type of place is it?

Down here Chipotle is still pretty hot, though I'm not a fan.  There's a new place called Chicken Kitchen which is pretty sweet.  Other places like Square 1, Jason's Deli, Tijuana Flats are fairly popular too.  I wish we had a Shake Shack closer to me. Nearest one is in Orlando I think :(

Never heard of Jose Tejas, what type of place is it?

Down here Chipotle is still pretty hot, though I'm not a fan.  There's a new place called Chicken Kitchen which is pretty sweet.  Other places like Square 1, Jason's Deli, Tijuana Flats are fairly popular too.  I wish we had a Shake Shack closer to me. Nearest one is in Orlando I think :(

Mexican and Cajun. Although I have never had any of the Cajun food. They have only a handful of locations and don't consider themselves a chain, per se. 

http://www.bordercafe.com, same concept but some of the locations use that name instead). 

This isn't Chipotle mexican, its cooked to order, less of a fast food type of place.

Edited by mfitz804

Chipotle to me is the most overrated of the Mexican fast-casual chains.  IMO their burritos suck and that's even comparing it to other Mexican fast-casual chains.

They are opening up a Shake Shack near me in Bridgewater, NJ.  I've only had them once and while I thought their fries were nothing special, the burger was pretty good.

Chipotle to me is the most overrated of the Mexican fast-casual chains.  IMO their burritos suck and that's even comparing it to other Mexican fast-casual chains.

WTF dude, it's just one or two Chipotles that has bad burritos. Stop generalizing and condemning all Chipotles for the low quality of one.   :razz:

we would disagree frequently on lunch. I guess it's slightly different because I go for healthier food 9 times out of 10, and a burrito bowl with just chicken, brown rice, and corn salsa hits my macros ok from Chipotle. But as far as Shake Shack, they have one right across US1 from me in miami and I've been dragged there a few times. The amount of grease on a single one of their burgers gives me sweats and shivers the rest of the day. Eeeugh.

Shake shack is not healthy in any way lol.  I would only go there once in a while.  I don't think I would even go there monthly.  All those burger chains are pretty bad for you, with Five Guys being possibly the worst.

Chipotle is really not much better at all and may be even worse.  I mean a burrito is nothing but a carb and calorie bomb.  A burrito bowl is not much better as even brown rice is just marginally better than regular rice and corn is quite possibly the most empty carbs you could eat.  The only thing making it better than their regular oversized burritos is the omission of the tortilla.

Quite frankly outside of a couple of chains, almost all fast-casual places are not that healthy lol.

WTF dude, it's just one or two Chipotles that has bad burritos. Stop generalizing and condemning all Chipotles for the low quality of one.   :razz:

lol one of my buddies got the sh!ts twice after eating from their Bridgewater location.  Therefore all are terrible:)

But seriously I just never got the hype with Chipotle.  Plus that and any place that charges extra for chips and salsa are nuts (Pancheros is the only other Mexican fast-casual place that I know of that charges for chips and salsa).

Edited by DevsMan84

Chipotle is fine, its overpriced IMHO but it is a healthier option (or it can be, depending what you put into it). 

Shake Shack is greasy, but sometimes that's what you want. I also enjoy their corn dogs, which they only sell on Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July and the closest weekend thereto, and Labor Day Weekend. Their fries are nothing good, its just frozen crinkle fries you can get anywhere. I usually skip those. 

This was awesome. 

lol one of my buddies got the sh!ts twice after eating from their Bridgewater location.  Therefore all are terrible:)

But seriously I just never got the hype with Chipotle.  Plus that and any place that charges extra for chips and salsa are nuts (Pancheros is the only other Mexican fast-casual place that I know of that charges for chips and salsa).

I like Chipotle, I just think they get credit for inventing the burrito when well...plenty of places are just as good or better. They typically get you in and out fast though which I like.

haha well I've lost 80 pounds since high school and have had chipotle once a week for 4 years. Light in the rice, double chicken and some corn is a better meal than you'll get at 99% of any other chain restaurant (that doesn't include the standard unseasoned chicken on a plate). And doesnt harvard healthy eating plate suggest 2 servings of brown grains per day? Too lazy to check. Regardless, i will agree to disagree I guess ;)

Haven't you been working out and lifting too? I think I remember you posting about that. I would imagine that helping too lol.

But yeah you are right there are a lot worse options out there and it's all about moderation.