Devils extend radio deal with WFAN

RowdyFan42

Reminds me of a question someone asked Francessa, if he knew whether there was a way to tell whether more Yankees fans would listen to the Mets radio broadcast during the subway series in order not to have to listen to Sterling. It's funny, you can tell that Francessa knows Sterling is terrible, but he has to tow the company line. He just says Sterling "isn't for everyone" and "all I can tell you is that the Yankees management loves him". Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh i totally agree no one is worse than sterling. But ill tell you who else comes very close and that's michael kay. Talk about the biggest uninformed douche in broadcasting. And his calls make my stomach turn. I remember years back manny hit one off the giant coke bottle in left field at fenway and kay was like " IS IT HIGH ENOUGH????" Not to mention there will be 30-45 second periods in games where its just silence because he doesnt know what to say. 

I don't like Kay at all but the fact they surround him with decent color guys makes the broadcast tolerable. Plus at least when it's on tv you don't have to rely on the PBP guy. I love Ken Singleton as a color guy, but I think he does a much better job than Kay at PBP. David Cone is a huge breath of fresh air since he's one of the few guys on TV that will go into advanced stats, Paul O'Neill and Lou Piniella both have great personalities, John Flaherty and Al Leiter can be dry but they don't annoy me at all.

It's certainly better than any nationally televised game on FOX or ESPN. I've been watching those games on mute with music playing in the background for years now.

I don't like Kay at all but the fact they surround him with decent color guys makes the broadcast tolerable. Plus at least when it's on tv you don't have to rely on the PBP guy. I love Ken Singleton as a color guy, but I think he does a much better job than Kay at PBP. David Cone is a huge breath of fresh air since he's one of the few guys on TV that will go into advanced stats, Paul O'Neill and Lou Piniella both have great personalities, John Flaherty and Al Leiter can be dry but they don't annoy me at all.

It's certainly better than any nationally televised game on FOX or ESPN. I've been watching those games on mute with music playing in the background for years now.

Yeah I like ken too. The mets tv broadcast is great also because ron is knowledgeable, keith will give you a completely honest opinion which is sadly very rare in broadcasting, and gary does a great play by play

Kay would be better without the canned calls.  He could also stand to use a dictionary and learn that it is not ironic when CC Sabathia ptiches against the Indians.  And anyone that's interested enough to watch a Yankee game on TV does not need to be told that Billy Beane called Youkilis the Greek God of Walks during every one of his plate appearances. 

But utlimately, he tells the story without being too irritating. 

Kay would be better without the canned calls.  He could also stand to use a dictionary and learn that it is not ironic when CC Sabathia ptiches against the Indians.  And anyone that's interested enough to watch a Yankee game on TV does not need to be told that Billy Beane called Youkilis the Greek God of Walks during every one of his plate appearances. 

But utlimately, he tells the story without being too irritating. 

Kay's journalist and talk show host persona show right through on TV - he constantly talks about money, players underperforming their contracts, road attendance, and poses 'talk show host' sort of questions to the color guys.  He's not awful at calling a game, but the broadcast could stand to have less of Kay's opinion in it.  Even though Singleton doesn't call a particularly good game, I like when he's the lead announcer because he's going to talk about what's happening on the field, mostly. 

Edited by Triumph

Sorry but compard to Chico, Matt & Sherri are super stars...

Chico is easily the WORST analyst is sports... If I was Lagrecca I come nowhere near the TV PBP until Chico is gone!!

I dont think chicos that bad at all. I love his honesty, and he does say funny fargo-esque comments every game. He does need a new pair of glasses though because he wont clearly see what happened until about the 3rd replay is shown